Welp, I tore apart my USPc 4 TIMES today!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PJT

Thread: Welp, I tore apart my USPc 4 TIMES today!

PJT

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Welp, I tore apart my USPc 4 TIMES today!

Having had a P30 LEM for many years, I picked up a USP9c Variant 1 two weeks ago. I wanted to like the DA/SA decocker setup, really, I tried, but I just couldn’t. Might have something to do though with a hand injury which has caused my dominant hand to lose some strength. After researching, I couldn’t decide between upgrading to the match trigger, or LEM. So I did the correct thing and bought BOTH kits!

Took me a little while to build up the courage to tear into it. Read TooSixty’s How TO’s a million times, then sucked it up and went to town. Started out with installing the match Trigger kit, of course minus the actual match trigger since it’s a compact. Took me a while as it was my first time fully tearing down an HK since doing my P30 LEM back in 2011. Once installed, I was sadly not that impressed at all- gritty trigger, not smooth. Thought I had mucked it up somehow, so tore it all back apart, inspected everything, then back together. Same somewhat gritty-ness, pull not as smooth, still very stout DA pull. I don’t know, I may just be being picky, and expectations were too high.

So tore it apart again, and then installed the LEM kit. AHHHHHH, I like it, very similar to my P30. Then in reading through the forum here some more, read about the hybrid match/LEM. So back to the workbench, USP back in pieces, and reassembled with the hybrid match/LEM parts.

YYEEEEEEEESSSSSS! THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! Super light and smooooth pull, with a glassy roddy break.

Whew!

Welp, I tore apart my USPc 4 TIMES today!-cc519386-a15c-42ec-9411-fe0f061d610e.jpeg
    siva.williams and RustyIron like this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Congratulations! You're a brave man.......I'd probably have parts left over.......

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After researching, I couldn’t decide between upgrading to the match trigger, or LEM. So I did the correct thing and bought BOTH kits!
    Been there done that with other items from time to time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I converted my P30 V6 DAO to LEM; one of the best decisions i ever made. I too read TooSixty's instructions about a million times.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by majorbanjo View Post
    Congratulations! You're a brave man.......I'd probably have parts left over.......
    Then you're ready to do a conversion.
    There are SUPPOSED to be parts left over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At least you now know your preferred trigger. I was always an LEM guy myself and did a few HK45 swaps back in the day.

Congratulations and nice work!

Sponsored Links