P30l v1 opinions
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: P30l v1 opinions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default P30l v1 opinions

Im thinking a P30L is my next pistol...i see V3 seems to be the most common by far, but ive been most interested in the V1

Anyone who owns a V1 or V3---can you tell me why you chose the model you chose?

This will be a target shooting gun, not a carry gun. I like the unique features HK brings and maybe thats why i like the V1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There’s a couple great threads on this forum with links to YouTube videos that describe the trigger variants In great detail. Use the search function or scroll back to locate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've had both, but only have the v1 P30's now. Being a Sig P22x fan, I can't abide the HK DA/SA trigger.
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Instructor
    USN 1989-98

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I have both the V1 (LEM) in 40SW and V3 (DA/SA) in 357sig. Great shooters. Can't go wrong with either (or both).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hello

I have a V3 and one of my good friends has V1. I'm guessing you know about the differences in the triggers, so I won't go into that, so I'll just contrast my experience with my friend's experience.

I have V3 because I it is a home defense gun and I like the idea of a safety and a long first pull. I have VP9s otherwise, so I also liked the idea of learning DA/SA (kind of a classic, right? :) So DA/SA is fun to shoot from that perspective. V1 is sort basically like a hammer fired striker gun - not a criticism. Just saying that since I already have VP9s I wasn't as excited by the V1. Plus no safety available on the V1.

As for my friend, he did not like: 1) shooting DA; 2) working the safety or 2) working the decocker at all on the V3, so the vastly simpler interface on the V1 was very attractive. He did like the ergos and light recoil of the P30L compared to the VP9. Hence, he went V1.

Hope that is helpful,
    SCPK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frankwhite View Post
    There’s a couple great threads on this forum with links to YouTube videos that describe the trigger variants In great detail. Use the search function or scroll back to locate.
    +1
    [IMG]https://************/public/32/sam.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://************/public/36/a.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bought a regular P30 V1 in .40 on a whim, then a P30sk V1, then a P2000sk V2. Just had to have a P30L V1 after loving those first three. My P30L V1 is my favorite HK pistol, it’s just a joy to hold & shoot!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I’ve got a P30L ordered with the V1 light LEM. That’s the variant I prefer. Not a fan of having a manual safety on any of my guns but that’s just me. I’ve heard the p30 triggers are not quite as nice as the VP9, p2000 and USP models. With that said, I do have a p30sk V1 LEM and think it’s a great trigger. No issues. So I’m excited to get that sucker to come in. Mine will be used as a supplement HD gun and range fun. Ok..... I too love John Wick. Can’t lie.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have a p30L LEM. Great gun, I just need more practice with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was able to locate one for $750. How long since these have been in stock ? Wondering how long the wait is vs paying $100 extra to get the gun now 🙂

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links