Talk me out of it
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Talk me out of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Talk me out of it

New to gun ownership. Researching during covid and haven't had a chance to fire a bunch yet, which I will of course, when the range isn't a 2hr wait. But in the mean time narrowing down the field I end up thinking I might end up going with a P30LS and a VP9. I know I prefer the tupperware look and feel from trying other pistols but haven't actually held one of these yet. I like 1911's action and trigger of the two I've tried, just not the look and feel, which is where I think the P30LS will come in nicely. If I do go that route I will most definitely get the GG reset trigger. On the VP9 side seems like everybody loves it and I'd like to have a striker as well. Looked at the Walther M1 and they seem comparable but with the added cost of fixing the mags, 10rd max here, and the VP9 being able to share with the P30 it just seems like a no brainer. Thoughts?? Anyone else have both and keep em, see lots of stories of people giving up the P30 for the VP9.

Soooooo wish I was around for the VP9 Bronze buy, such a sweet looking piece!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If your waiting for a P30l you may be waiting 6 months unless you want to pay $400 premium on it

I’m waiting on one too
    PorterM likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

A USP with a match trigger is the best to me. Really short and crisp break like the 1911.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Waiting on a P30L myself. I’d go with the VP9. It’s a no brainer for a quality, reliable and accurate as heck striker pistol! You honestly can’t go wrong. Good luck with your search.
    Kjax1911 likes this.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Snap up a VP9. Least expensive of the bunch, easiest to obtain, great pistol out of the box, even better with a Lazy Wolf trigger. Then you'll have time to collect the whole set, which you likely will if you have the resources to do so.
    allbusiness and Kjax1911 like this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Snap up a VP9. Least expensive of the bunch, easiest to obtain, great pistol out of the box, even better with a Lazy Wolf trigger. Then you'll have time to collect the whole set, which you likely will if you have the resources to do so.
    +1 on this advice ^^^ CDNN has them in stock for $699.98, you can maybe find them a little cheaper but they are in stock now in a lot of places.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- let us know what you acquire!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What makes you say 6mo? I assume by 400 over you mean this stupid auctions I keep seeing, no way people are actually paying that right...

Put in my application for handgun permit on 7/1 and found a P30LS online for $650 2 days later, being new to the process I sent them a message asking if I could buy and have them hold it until permit cleared, they declined. Little did I know I could have worked something out with a local FFL grrrrrr

You looking at V3 or LEM. I'm still a little confused on the LEM trigger, there are so many videos of triggers that have had work done I'm not sure how stock operates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if I do get both I'm assuming the VP9 will be first just from availability... unless I hold out for one of those bronze slides... or do they still make the grey ones???

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1116 View Post
    Even if I do get both I'm assuming the VP9 will be first just from availability... unless I hold out for one of those bronze slides... or do they still make the grey ones???
    You can cerakote a slide any color you want. That's all that was. I had my most trusted shop decline to cerakote HKs though, because they claim the tolerances are tight enough to make them a real pita to reassemble after paint.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links