Look what followed me home today... Mk 23
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Look what followed me home today... Mk 23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Look what followed me home today... Mk 23

I had one of these years ago with a KAC can that I regret selling. A number of months ago I received an email from EuroOptics that said they had them in stock - I pounced on it and made it through their online checkout within half an hour of reading the email. A couple of days go by and the guy calls me and tells me that somebody else beat me to it. Dang. He tells me it was the last one but if I want to let them keep the money, I'll get the next one. It's been seven months and no joy. He had a pretty good price - $1799, $1935 with tax. Figured I'd let it roll and would get one eventually.

Was over at PSA today goofing off and I noticed they had one on the shelf. Paid slightly more than the EuroOptics price with a military discount and grabbed it. I did have to laugh when I told the guy behind the counter that I'd take it and he said, "Let me go in back and get one new in box" (vs the nib display version). I told him I'd buy two if he had another one back there. Nope, last one.

Of course now the guy from EuroOptics is gonna call me and tell me he's got one for me. Think I'll call KAC tomorrow and see if they still do custom serial numbers. Would be nice to have the can serial number match the gun.

Look what followed me home today... Mk 23-i-xsggpkg-x4.jpg

Look what followed me home today... Mk 23-i-hgnqmqk-x4.jpg

:)

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Congratulations on a beautiful fire arm!!!!
    Unfortunately Knights doesn't do the custom serial #’s anymore... I maybe wrong, in fact I hope I’m wrong.
    If you find out otherwise, let me know!!!
    M.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty, When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank goodness my new phone is water resistant. I drooled on it looking at the pictures!
    One day...sigh...
    danbrew likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know it's a long shot - I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could turn me on to a Safariland 6004 mk 23 thigh holster. Had one many years ago and who knew they'd be so hard to find today. :)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

congrats on your new beast:). too bad you sold your mark 23 that had maritime finish...those are collectibles now.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)

Congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Very nice! I have a question, though, and I’m new to Hk so please forgive my ignorance here... The rail doesn’t have any 1913 cutouts like you typically see, so which lights can you attach if you so wanted? Do they hold tight using just sheer friction? Also, I’ve gotta find a way to shoot a Mk23 now! $2,000 for a pistol, it must be sweet!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbp131 View Post
    Very nice! I have a question, though, and I’m new to Hk so please forgive my ignorance here... The rail doesn’t have any 1913 cutouts like you typically see, so which lights can you attach if you so wanted? Do they hold tight using just sheer friction? Also, I’ve gotta find a way to shoot a Mk23 now! $2,000 for a pistol, it must be sweet!
    It should be one of the most accurate pistols you ever shot right out of the box. I was amazing with it and I am not even a great shot. It's definitely the highlight of my HK pistol collection! To answer your question...you need to buy rail adapters to mount lights to it. G&G makes a popular one you can find on the HK Webshop and I just saw one for sale on here the other day.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbp131 View Post
    The Insight LAM 400/450/1400/1450 need no adapter--- all others (even the LAM 1000) need the adapter!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)

I also noticed the "smaller" font ("MARK 23" and "Cal. .45 Auto") on the left slide of the CA's!!!

Tony

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links