HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SP5K-PDW pistol

217K views 2K replies 198 participants last post by  straightgrain 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#1,231 ·
I'm no armorer so wont comment yes or no. All I know is HK 9mm's are designed to shoot 124gr NATO rds (its been stated in here many times). HK says to use a #28/80deg LP when shooting suppressed. I'm assuming you spent 3G+ on this item, do you really want to take a chance of something going sour just because of not swapping out a $200 part? BTW, the #28/80deg LP is only used in one HK roller weapon and under only one condition, running suppressed. Changing that was the first thing I did to mine but I also bought another bolt as well to make swapping out a breeze if I ever want to run without a can.

CD70

#1,237 · (Edited)
I cant speak to the RCM, never bought any of their products. I went the buy once cry once philosophy and bought the HK part. I don't plan on shooting without a can so will get my monies worth. As far as shooting without, I did test it with the 80deg and 115 and functioned fine. I'm sure as with anything else, YMMV.

EDIT: I also want to note other than keeping the weapon all German inside, another reason for going with HK LP is that I was betting that it would be plug and play with no bolt gap issues. Not only did I change it out but also added an entirely new bolt head and had no gap issues. Rollers were hard to find when I did this and when buying 2 of various sizes to have in case of an issue, it all adds up.

#1,247 ·
Lucky me. With this new BS from ATF and having struck out for months while others have gotten multiples at MSRP or less I just "won" a NIB PDW on GB for only $4275. Man, these are going down. Seller must be in tears at not quite doubling MSRP.

If get either the one that I paid $2400 for at GT months ago or the other from a very large dealer where I'm first in line who has gotten none while CDNN has likely gotten $20+ I'll sell to hopefully make up some of what I just wasted above MSRP. I'm guessing that - at least in time - they'll be worth at least what I paid as long as they're not banned.

#1,248 ·
Lucky me. With this new BS from ATF and having struck out for months while others have gotten multiples at MSRP or less I just "won" a NIB PDW on GB for only $4275. Man, these are going down. Seller must be in tears at not quite doubling MSRP.

If get either the one that I paid $2400 for at GT months ago or the other from a very large dealer where I'm first in line who has gotten none while CDNN has likely gotten $20+ I'll sell to hopefully make up some of what I just wasted above MSRP. I'm guessing that - at least in time - they'll be worth at least what I paid as long as they're not banned.
thats still better than all the douches that are charging $4999

#1,251 ·
Believe me, you're the smart one. I wanted it for my collection and will keep it NIB. I know I paid stupid money. Just so sick of looking. Likely at least one of the two I should be getting will eventually come in. I can sell to recoup the rip off price I paid. Just wanted to b sure I got one so I paid for my HK obsession out the wazoo. Not my best move to b sure.

To think I could buy a SCAR 20S for less. I should have my head examined.

#1,253 ·
I tried to discuss this earlier this week and it was shut down. The ATF has flip flopped so many times on this. If you want to get your HK SP5 or SP5k I would go ahead and purchase it. You may pay to much, but I have never regretted any Hk product purchase. I am willing to pay more for the quality.

#1,255 · (Edited)
My understanding based on the HK shooting team's recommendations concerning locking pieces on the K length guns...

supersonic requires no locking piece change (assuming your gun already has a 100* piece((the pdw does))... i think the sp89 and most aftermarket typically come with a 110*, HK recommends that all k length guns are moved to a 100* piece)

80* is for the heavier subsonic loads in a k length receiver when suppressed.

here is the video with the recommendation:

if you own a PTR, they recommend a 80* piece for every length when suppressed no matter what.

I personally change my k length guns to 100* if they don't have them already and then don't bother with subs. I prefer to just not hassle with subs in the K. I mark my mags loaded with them and only run them in my full sized gun. This is easier for me than changing locking pieces out constantly.

#1,341 ·
Just a little clarity for my slow mind, you only need the 80 degree locking piece if running suppressed AND using subsonic ammo? In other words, if shooting 124 grain with a can on a PDW, the standard 100 degree locking piece is OK?

Also, any experiences with the RCM 80 degree locking pieces on the PDW? GTG quality wise, or skip and hold out for the HK part? I understand the bolt gap will likely change even with a factory LP, but is the gap likely to be worse or the same with the RCM part?

Trying to decide whether it’s worth going though the potential hassle and expense of swapping to the 80 degree piece (and potential second bolt with new rollers), or just not shooting subs suppressed in the PDW. Still want the option to occasional shoot unsuppressed and trying to avoid parts swapping. TIA.

#1,260 · (Edited)
Wow!!! MUCH better deal than I got. I thought that my seller with a 3% credit card charge at least could pay cash and that was not even true so I got stuck with that too. You did really well congratulations. What's that gun just listed? I would have snagged in a second yesterday. I assume it was listed very briefly and you happen to catch it?

#1,268 ·
With the election coming up, I decided to just bite the bullet and get one rather taking a risk that the price would be even higher after Nov. 3. Hate paying more than MSRP, but when one popped up on GB with a BIN price of $4k today, I decided to pull the trigger (so to speak ;)). What’s funny is that I had just in put a bid a few minutes before on a different one ending in less than an hour for a couple of hundred more. Never been happier that I was outbid!

#1,272 ·
If Biden wins, prices definitely won’t go down. People will pay big bucks to get them in their hands any ban takes effect. Once a ban hits, they likely wouldn’t be able to be bought or sold. This happened prior to the last election when people thought Hillary was going to win. If Trump wins, prices will go with the supply, and probably eventually drop as more supplies come in.

Remember, I think we’re only on the second batch of PDWs. The first batch of 500 or so had the “it’s brand new” premium, and add in the pandemic buying spree, and now the election jitters. Time will tell whether paying over MSRP turns out to be worthwhile or not.

#1,275 ·
A few more online retailers are showing stock for $4300+. Maybe this latest group from HK is still being disbursed to retailers.

Link: 81000481 - HK SP5K-PDW 9mm 642230261815
LOL, the one for $4399 is out of stock. If you go to the CTD link, it shows in stock for $2296, but if you try to add one to the cart, it says they are unable to supply the quantity requested.

#1,278 ·
Looks like I bought too soon. Coming down by the day it seems.

Keep in mind its not just if Biden wins, but they'd have to take the Senate do due serious ban. Of course, executive orders and a very willing ATF can still do damage. Still, this is y Senate is SO critical.

I keep close track and havent seen them really come down...right now I would say the going rate is $4300 if you want an instant buy it now on GB

#1,281 ·
I find it funny/frustrating/ridiculous how some of these online retailers have them on their websites showing "out of stock," but will have one listed on GB for an absurd Buy it Now price. I've even looked at the sellers, found their website or Facebook, and messaged asking if they have one in stock. They of course reply with a no, all while asking an $8k price on GB. I suppose I wouldn't want to admit my insane asking prices either.

I understand supply/demand and it boils down to what the customer will ultimately pay, but honestly the whole situation over this gun is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The greed is a bit ridiculous coming from some of these gun shops. Just my opinion

#1,284 ·
I literally called one for weeks straight. They said a new shipment was coming and for me to call back. I did and they said oh I thought you wanted sp5 and not k. Sorry we didn't get that. Next day I saw on gun broker from them. Never even looking at them ever again. It's near impossible to find an lgs or dealer that doesn't price gouge.

#1,283 ·
I saw one in a bid auction end today at a little over $4600. However, watching in the last week or so, I’m seeing more show up for sale on GB at any given time, and a number of BIN prices around $4500 (although some still have the fantasy of $7K and up). My feeling is that the supply is going up and prices are coming down from the ridiculous highs of a month or two ago, when the first batch was running out. I think sellers are going to keep trying to get as much as they can on GB for a while, but are probably starting to realize that $5K+ isn’t going to move any more. Don’t know how long it will take to get down to near MSRP, if we ever get there, but wouldn’t be surprised to see most sales drop to 4K in a week or two, but right now the election effect is a big unknown. That said, HK MP5s and 5Ks are niche guns and there’s probably a limit on how much people will pay, even in an adverse climate. If things go belly up, most people are going to be fighting for the cheaper options like CZ Scorpions and Stribogs first.

#1,292 ·
LOL, was watching one that was ending on GB this morning that was sitting at 4025 with less than 30 minutes to go, and now it jumped up to nearly 4700. Guess sniping is still a thing, although doesn’t really work on GB because they extend the auction time by 15 min.

Mine’s been shipped and is supposed to arrive at LGS on Election Day. Probably won’t be able to pick up until day after, if it arrives late in the afternoon. That could be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.