HK USP.40 weak trigger reset
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ZuluDeltaWhiskey
  • 1 Post By ZuluDeltaWhiskey

Thread: HK USP.40 weak trigger reset

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK USP.40 weak trigger reset

Hi all. So I loaned my USP to my dad for about a year so he can have protection until he could get his handgun. He just got a P30sk and I got my USP back and I took it apart and relubed it and when I was function checking it and found that while the trigger does reset it is not tactile at all. Could this be a weak trigger bar spring? If I got the short reset kit from Gray Guns would that fix it as I’ve been wanting that anyway. It is a used USP I got for $475 so it may have seen some use and abuse and need some new springs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The simplest thing would be to replace the trigger return spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From my experiences with the USP/HK45, it could be a few things

Since you just took it apart, the trigger bar may not be sitting atop the plunger correctly and/or plunger spring.

Also could be the trigger return spring legs are not in position (one on the channel, and one behind the trigger) or possibly in backwards. This spring can also get bent if forced in, but usually it will still function.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKrankenwagen View Post
    From my experiences with the USP/HK45, it could be a few things

Since you just took it apart, the trigger bar may not be sitting atop the plunger correctly and/or plunger spring.

Also could be the trigger return spring legs are not in position (one on the channel, and one behind the trigger) or possibly in backwards. This spring can also get bent if forced in, but usually it will still function.
    Thanks for this. Although I should have stated I only field stripped it. Also the trigger has plenty of force return however there is no audible or tactile reset. It still functions but not as it should. I could have had a better title as it was misleading.
    Last edited by ZuluDeltaWhiskey; 08-07-2020 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I'm not mistaken, the "reset feel" is created when the disconnector it sprung up. Maybe try a through cleaning around that area, maybe some carbon stuck in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If I'm not mistaken, the "reset feel" is created when the disconnector it sprung up. Maybe try a through cleaning around that area, maybe some carbon stuck in there.
    I believe this was the problem. I was worried about detail stripping it but once I started it was actually pretty simple thanks to some YouTube Vids. But good lord was it dirty! I think it had a lot more rounds through it before I bought it used than I thought. I didn’t think it was possible but I have even more confidence in the USP now knowing it could be as gunked up and dirty and still function with just a faint feeling and no audible reset! Everything was sticky with thick deposits of carbon. Not just some carbon but huge “turds” of carbon collected everywhere! Lol. Once cleaned and reassembled everything is 100% again! The reset is loud and tactile again! I’m also confident working on my USP now! Thanks all!
    Hk-USPC-40 and HKrankenwagen like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice! Glad that's all it was, now go get it dirty again lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice! Glad that's all it was, now go get it dirty again lol
    That’s my plan for tomorrow! Lol
    HKrankenwagen likes this.

Sponsored Links