LaFrance SRC HK MP5 3-lug suppressors by LS Specialties
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LaFrance SRC HK MP5 3-lug suppressors by LS Specialties

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default LaFrance SRC HK MP5 3-lug suppressors by LS Specialties

Per the suggestion of coolhand, I had tracked down Tim LaFrance to see if he had any of his HK trigger packs set aside. He mentioned his SRC MP5 3-lug suppressor that he recently finished a batch of so I requested material on them by mail. I'm passing on the information in case anyone else would like to order these while they are available and before the 41F sunrise. I submitted my order for the SRC HK MP5 suppressor. It has size and should compete nicely with Gemtech's MK-9K. Looking forward to hearing its tone. Please keep me in mind if you come across one of Tim LaFrance's trigger packs as I'm looking to buy.

• Suited for 25k rounds, lifetime guarantee & fully serviceable by the manufacturer.
    • $600 each, and would be the quietest you've heard.
    • For the MP5 suppressor, he has 8 or 9 units in stock.
    • For the M4/M16A2 cans, he has 9 or 10 units in stock.
    • --> For ordering, contact Tim LaFrance directly (see biz card below).

Click thumbnails to view full size:

Last edited by Neo-Geo; 03-21-2016 at 11:39 PM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content . Hidden Content 7/14/2016.
    Check cleared 7/18/2016. Approved 6/16/2017. Stamps delivered 7/6/2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what are the specs on the mp5 cans?

interested in overall length when mounted to a mp5 tri lug and OD

any pictures of them?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The pics that you see in my OP are actually clickable thumbnails. Just mouse over and then click to view the full sized scans of the literature/ad/flyer:

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Thanks for posting this. I'm corralling up as many high volume tri-lug cans as I can (pun intended) to see what works best. So far:

MK9K
    MK9A
    YHM Wraith XL
    This?

Any other suggestions?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He's in SoCal? Was he making the trigger boxes out here? Must be one of the rare people in ca that have a class 3

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Neo-Geo:

By way of clarification, literature says, "Requires no user maintenance." I take that to mean it is not serviceable.

Your posting mentions the unit as being user serviceable.

Also, as someone mentioned: what materials are the baffles, blast shield, tube and end cap made of?

Thanks for your efforts in bringing information on this new product to light for the community.
    Chuck

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socalmp5 View Post
    He's in SoCal? Was he making the trigger boxes out here? Must be one of the rare people in ca that have a class 3
    He's had his class III license for 35 years, so yes, he was making these in California, predominately for the movie industry.

@ HkCHUCK: Spoke with Mr. LaFrance. I was mistaken, these are not user serviceable as they require special tools for opening and cleaning. These were designed for military use and so they aren't designed to be taken apart. They are good for 25k rounds before it degrades 1 or 2 DB. They all have around 100 rounds thru them before shipping. They work better with a little carbon build up and drop decibel by 2 after initial rounds fired. Has lifetime guarantee, so owner can return to LS for cleaning out and then unit is good for another 25k rounds. Fee for this service is $20 + return shipping.

The way the can is made, the front cap is the weak link, that part aluminum. The baffles are made of 70/75 aluminum, strongest aluminium that you can buy. Tubes 70/75 too. Entire unit is comprised of aluminum.

I'm told be mindful of the outer diameter of your barrel. If there is a thread protector on your barrel, the suppressor may need to be adjusted to fit over the larger thread protector. This can usually be determined if your thread protector has a larger OD (outer diameter) than your barrel.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

i talked to a old navy guy, told me he was special ops, and he said that they NEVER clean suppressors, check to make sure its clear, beat them on the table to knock out any crap, and away we go, told me that the whole cleaning/ serviceable is all overrated and a gimmick, the DIRTIER the better.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waylon43 View Post
    told me that the whole cleaning/ serviceable is all overrated and a gimmick, the DIRTIER the better.
    This is what I have been told too by more than one there was also an article in SAR or Shotgun news I think about Rifle caliber Cans never ever need cleaning that the blast/heat cleans them out great.....I do know the Gemtech on My M-16 CMMG 22 conversion full auto gets pretty dirty around the QD lugs so I do have to be mindful of it or I start to have trouble removing and one of the techs told me carbon on the baffles just helps keep them quieter........
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

50 decibels of sound reduction seems to good to be true.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links