Franklin Armory HK Binary trigger coming soon! - Page 16
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Franklin Armory HK Binary trigger coming soon!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Thanks for all the info, but my question is....."why can't you swap out the selector"?.............again.....I have not seen, other than pics, nor touched one.
    These are designed for an SEF housing. The hole in a SEF housing is smaller than an ambi housing. We can assume that the Franklin selector has the same diameter as the SEF. The SEF trigger box also has a notch at the top that allows the selector to only go in at the 12 o'clock position. That notch is absent in the Franklin trigger box. A normal selector literally will not fit. The best you can hope for is to put the lever portion from a standard selector on the Franklin shaft. The Franklin selector attaches with a hex head screw, and I believe that it's got one on each side. Since it doesn't have the notch, I suspect that they lock the selector in place by having a switch on each side. Even if the mechanical interface of the selector and the trigger was the same, which I doubt, without the the notched part a standard selector would just fall out.
    I could be wrong about some of that, I've only seen pictures.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    Optics planet says this is 12% off til midnight CST 11/24

12BFVP89AF9FD

Down to $554.39
    Thanks for the code, just used it for an EOTECH XPS 2-2 which after discount, 12% code and mail in rebate is only $325!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaine777 View Post
    These are designed for an SEF housing. The hole in a SEF housing is smaller than an ambi housing. We can assume that the Franklin selector has the same diameter as the SEF. The SEF trigger box also has a notch at the top that allows the selector to only go in at the 12 o'clock position. That notch is absent in the Franklin trigger box. A normal selector literally will not fit. The best you can hope for is to put the lever portion from a standard selector on the Franklin shaft. The Franklin selector attaches with a hex head screw, and I believe that it's got one on each side. Since it doesn't have the notch, I suspect that they lock the selector in place by having a switch on each side. Even if the mechanical interface of the selector and the trigger was the same, which I doubt, without the the notched part a standard selector would just fall out.
    Agreed - I have had 6 months thinking about how to solve the garbage selector look.

I plan to take this ambi style housing that accepts SEF internals:

Then take an ambi selector like this:

And then heat up the selector axle/shaft with a torch and remove the plastic selector from the metal axle (hopefully without destroying the plastic).
    Then I plan to dremel out and reform the back of the plastic ambi selector to fit the franklin selector and then epoxy it as a single selector.
    Lastly I will drill and countersink though the ambi where the hex screw passes through the franklin selector into the franklin axle so it would look like this (mockup):

If the plastic selector melts, I thought about using putty epoxy and forming it to the franklin selector, then dremeling it into shape...but we will see.

I hope it turns out something like this mockup (well hopefully a lot cleaner looking but you get the idea):

But if it looks like junk or doesnt function properly... Then I will just use the franklin selector and modify an SEF pack to read SFB like:
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-25-2017 at 07:38 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your pictures aren't showing up

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Thank you for the detailed info. Having said that.....and off topic.....I don't recall saying ".....nor touched it." If I recall correctly, I'm fairly certain I said,......"I have not fondled...." Seems like I'm being censored. Hmmmmm

I can't wait to put my hands on one.....or "fondle", because I feel quite certain I'm going to make some adjustments to the selector.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Your pictures aren't showing up
    I will need to upload elsewhere- they did but photobucket seems to be limit bandwidth now - been a while since I used them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I will need to upload elsewhere- they did but photobucket seems to be limit bandwidth now - been a while since I used them.
    No more free photo sharing with PB.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
    No more free photo sharing with PB.
    Thanks for the info:

Links have been fixed, paid $12 for 1 year of linux godaddy hosting...thank you black friday.

My pack is tracking for delivery this eveing if it comes ad planned ill take pics of the selector in detail...then hopefully get to the range tomorrow.

*** UPDATE ***

Pack didnt come USPS changed estimated delivery to Monday by 8pm. Thank you Black Friday...not.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-26-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diesel1959 View Post
    Well, that's good to hear, as I ordered mine on May 2nd. Hoping to hear something soon.
    I received my FA HK Binary Firing System today. Will be installing it ASAP.

EDIT: I've installed the BFS into a Malaysian 0-1-25 polymer lower, and it fit perfectly. So far, I've installed that lower and pack into my HK94 and a BW5 SBR--in both, that pack fit perfectly and went through all the function checks perfectly. Only thing left is to load up some mags and hit the range . . .

N.B.: I have no problems at all with the aesthetics of the Franklin-supplied safety lever. I must admit that it probably looks better on a polymer pack than on a metal one; however, that's just my $.02.
    Last edited by diesel1959; 11-26-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Sparkplugs are irrelevant.
    Plenty of HK's and clones.

Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links