Franklin Armory HK Binary trigger coming soon! - Page 21
Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Franklin Armory HK Binary trigger coming soon!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sten View Post
    Long time lurker, but thought to chime in since I received my trigger pack today. It installed in about 3 minutes. I had ordered it May 2nd, so like many of you, have been waiting for a while. It does a pretty good job, generally very pleased with operation, but will take some practice to simulate FA. I will say it's nothing like my registered trigger pack, but at only $600, I have 0 complaints. Overall, A+ on fit and finish. Directions were good/detailed even though I didn't need them (anyone that has swapped out their ejector to change calibers can install this in just about the same amount of time). Ran it in my Zenith Z-5P MKE with no hiccups. Shots were controlled and on target - usually able to get both shots on reactive metal target at 45 yards. Wife shot it and liked it as well with same hit results, so this is a keeper. Will try it next in my 91 and 93 and see if it performs similar.
    Sten thanks for taking time to post up a review!
    Last edited by Nehalemguy; 12-02-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Sooooo.....if these are serialized, it seems that someone is predicting the need to register them???? For example....if you purchase a standard trigger pack, there are no serial numbers....but if you own a sear....it has a serial number. Hmmmm
    Electronics have serial numbers too but there's no plan to ban them. Maybe they put it on there as a 'just in case' but I don't think we should read anything into it.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Question for those who have received the new trigger and tried it out.......has anyone experienced a malfunction from out running the trigger?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nehalemguy View Post
    Question for those who have received the new trigger and tried it out.......has anyone experienced a malfunction from out running the trigger?
    Haven't had an issue yet.
    Sparkplugs are irrelevant.
    Plenty of HK's and clones.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have not had any problems and was not able to outrun the trigger so far. In fact, have had no malfunctions at all, which is not what I expected based on some of my other experiences with binary triggers, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So I life happened and I didnt get a chance to test this on all my HK/Clones yet but I snuck away for an hour yesterday and ran it on my AA94 SBR. Its slightly different feeling than my BFS III and AR II and not as easy to get into a cadence. It will be a learning curve thing im sure Ill catch up on. I wish I had more time or time to video but I was by myself and it was a quick decision to run to the range.

Now Ive run the BFS III in an AR-15 and an MPX. In the AR15, I had issues overrunning the carrier until I changed the springs and added a lightweight bolt...after that 100%. With the MPX its been 99.9% reliable out of the box (may have been a magazine feed or ammo issue for the two issues I had. Franklin suggested a widened gas port anf spring solution but I havnt seen a need as mine has been rock solid. With that said I ran 400rds through the HK yesterday. In the beginning I had some 1 shot binary motion but I think I wasnt letting the trigger positivly reset properly. Once I got a little more comfortable, I didnt have an issue, and everytime i pulled the trigger it fired so I never overran it...and I tried.

Its markedly slower than the MPX but we will see with training if it improves.

My input for now.

With a proper pull release it was close enough to an FBI 0-1-2 pack to put a huge smile on my face and make me want one for all my guns.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I received a tracking number this afternoon for a October order.

Edit.......just got another notification......shipped! I might have it by the weekend!

E
    Last edited by Nehalemguy; 12-06-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Received the new trigger this afternoon. Really impressed with the quality of work/finish on the trigger.

E

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Any videos from from you guys that have received them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to hear from anyone that ordered and rec'd from OP. My order is a month old and still says 10-22 days. Thanks,

Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links