Franklin Armory HK Binary trigger coming soon! - Page 36
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Franklin Armory HK Binary trigger coming soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragnet View Post
    I finally got hands-on with one to try out in person and I've got to say I'm not extremely thrilled with it. It doesn't compare at all to the Fostech Echo trigger I have in my AR, which is very easy to get going quickly.

With the HK BFS, the pull is long and heavy, and the reset is similarly long, making it a chore to pull the trigger the full double cycle, slowing down the ROF. It's very easy to mess it up and not get a shot on release, and it takes a lot of deliberate and conscious effort to get the rhythm right. All in all, it's difficult to get it to run the way I wanted it to on an MP5 clone and I don't think it's worth near the asking price.

I've cancelled my preorder and will wait for either a new generation or a competitor to make a better product.
    Thanks for posting your experience with binary system, saved me some $.
    Evil Minds That Plot Destruction

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nehalemguy View Post
    On a different note.......My trigger will be going back to Franklin this week for warranty work......for the second time.

The current problem that I am experiencing is that the hammer will fail to catch in semi auto mode and follow the bolt carrier down. I have tried multiple adjustments of the height adjustment screw, multiple trigger housings, and multiple firearms. When installed in a 9mm platform the trigger will actually fire off a burst of 4-5 rounds before the hammer falls dead on a live round. Safe mode works fine and binary mode works fine.

Obviously I can't let this continue. I've pulled the trigger from the last firearm I tested it in, pulled the hammer and selector, so hopefully I am not in violation of the law. Really disappointed right now.

E.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnet View Post
    I finally got hands-on with one to try out in person and I've got to say I'm not extremely thrilled with it. It doesn't compare at all to the Fostech Echo trigger I have in my AR, which is very easy to get going quickly.

With the HK BFS, the pull is long and heavy, and the reset is similarly long, making it a chore to pull the trigger the full double cycle, slowing down the ROF. It's very easy to mess it up and not get a shot on release, and it takes a lot of deliberate and conscious effort to get the rhythm right. All in all, it's difficult to get it to run the way I wanted it to on an MP5 clone and I don't think it's worth near the asking price.

I've cancelled my preorder and will wait for either a new generation or a competitor to make a better product.
    @Nehalemguy and @dragnet - thanks for your input and feedback on these. Saved me the money and trouble of going this rout. Thank you.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaykoz View Post

Are you sure that the ban goes into effect Oct first? The FDLE updated the NICS check the day after it was signed to for the 3 day wait and no under 21 sales .
    Yes. Oct deadline is only for section 13 -bumpstocks

http://laws.flrules.org/2018/3
    P.15:

"Section 13. Effective October 1, 2018, section 790.222, Florida Statutes,
    is created to read:
    790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not import into
    this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or
    give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section
    commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.
    775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock”
    means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate
    of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to
    increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire
    such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
    device."
    Last edited by Tactician; 03-18-2018 at 12:35 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

The FL definition of bumpfire stock does not sound limited to stocks. IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    @Nehalemguy and @dragnet - thanks for your input and feedback on these. Saved me the money and trouble of going this rout. Thank you.
    I would urge you to get some trigger time behind one before writing it off completely. I dont have the issues nahalemguy had (which im sorry to hear - i guess you got a lemon). Besides the HK-C1s I also have 2 Echo II in .223 ARs and 1 AR-C1 in a 9mm MPX.

There was a learning curve initially for all of them. The first time I used the AR-C1 I was constantly overrunning it amd was ready to rip it out. But I didnt, and I got better over time.

The HK-C1 has the longest pre-travel and longest reset of any of them. You cant overrun the carrier like the AR-C1, but you can miss allowing a full reset and pull back on air. You then have to release completely (Fire) and then its fine. That took a few times to get the hang of as I didnt want to let it reset fully. Once I figured out where the break and the reset were, this trigger was no longer a mystery.

Honestly if Franklin removed the excessive pre-travel and shortened the reset this would be equal to (and possible better than) the other (AR) options. Also, I have to say the quality (craftsmanship) of what appears to be potmetal in my Echo II does not inspire confidence. I never had any second thoughts about dropping the HK-C1 into my MP5 as the machined parts are way better quality than the Fostech offerings., All ready I have a decent dimple on one of the Echo hammers and Im not the only one with that development.

Ill also say it again...try the HK-C1 on a 308 gun...I would think the bulky carrier would slow it down, but it actually runs faster than the 9mm's. I picked up a third HK-C1 to run dedicated in my V51 clone....well at least until Oct lol, time will tell.

To each their own with this, and Im sorry to hear there was a qaulity issue Nahalem...so far mine are rock solid.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    The FL definition of bumpfire stock does not sound limited to stocks. IMO.
    Its not...the language is too vague to strictly apply the letter of the law. This leaves a judge to intrepret the intent of the law...a very scary place indeed. Basically anything not exempted in 790.221 (registered machinegun conversion devices), could fall under 790.222 and be banned outright. Even a simple trigger job could be intrepreted to increase the rate of fire. Now it may not mimin automatic fire..but it is an OR statement so all bets are off. Im going to press those that can to fight this on the legal front, but come September, I may be having a liquidation sale...and no Im not taking preorders yet lol.
    Last edited by Tactician; 03-18-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I would urge you to get some trigger time behind one before writing it off completely. I dont have the issues nahalemguy had (which im sorry to hear - i guess you got a lemon). Besides the HK-C1s I also have 2 Echo II in .223 ARs and 1 AR-C1 in a 9mm MPX.

There was a learning curve initially for all of them. The first time I used the AR-C1 I was constantly overrunning it amd was ready to rip it out. But I didnt, and I got better over time.

The HK-C1 has the longest pre-travel and longest reset of any of them. You cant overrun the carrier like the AR-C1, but you can miss allowing a full reset and pull back on air. You then have to release completely (Fire) and then its fine. That took a few times to get the hang of as I didnt want to let it reset fully. Once I figured out where the break and the reset were, this trigger was no longer a mystery.

Honestly if Franklin removed the excessive pre-travel and shortened the reset this would be equal to (and possible better than) the other (AR) options. Also, I have to say the quality (craftsmanship) of what appears to be potmetal in my Echo II does not inspire confidence. I never had any second thoughts about dropping the HK-C1 into my MP5 as the machined parts are way better quality than the Fostech offerings., All ready I have a decent dimple on one of the Echo hammers and Im not the only one with that development.

Ill also say it again...try the HK-C1 on a 308 gun...I would think the bulky carrier would slow it down, but it actually runs faster than the 9mm's. I picked up a third HK-C1 to run dedicated in my V51 clone....well at least until Oct lol, time will tell.

To each their own with this, and Im sorry to hear there was a qaulity issue Nahalem...so far mine are rock solid.
    I'm sure that Franklin will make things right with my particular trigger. I've tried everything on my end that I can think of. The most puzzling part of the issue is that I can't get the trigger to malfunction in dry fire tests. It is only under live fire that it malfunctions.

Originally I thought the problem might be specific to just one firearm but then I tested it in a .308 rifle with a dirrerent housing and had the same malfunction. Binary mode works flawlessly, but for obvious reasons I need semi auto mode to not burst fire.

The first time I sent the trigger back was because Franklin had applied Loctite to the ride height adjustment screw at the factory and no amount of heat or gentle persuasion would free it up. I sent it back and asked that a new screw minus the Loctite be installed. A very small and minor issue IMO.

E

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So I had an interesting thought about 790.222 last night:

There is no exemption clause...period. Not just grandfathering, but no clause to allow police or government possession. This means that when the police take possession of an illegal bump stock, they can be charged with a 3rd degree felony. All other laws have police/government expemtions, be it illegal/scheduled drugs, machineguns, or other contraband. This law has no such exemption.

I dont know what that means right now, but its a gaping hole in an already poorly written bill.

This poses a huge problem on enforcement of the law. If the police take possession of the evidence, they have admitted to breaking the law. If they dont, there is no evidence in the case against you.

Just an interesting observation.

Also Nahalemguy, let us know how it works out after you get you get it back..
    Last edited by Tactician; 03-18-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just saw on the local SW FL. news a segment on bump stocks. They mentioned Binary triggers and said they were included. They are saying, after Oct. 1st if you own it you must destroy it, with no compensation. WOW! Looks like mine will stay in Ohio till they do the same. SB 260 in the works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just cancelled my order on OP... not worth it if it ever gets banned in the future especially for the cost... oh well.

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links