HKPRO Forums banner

Franklin Armory HK Binary trigger coming soon!

89K views 410 replies 94 participants last post by  flacracker 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I'm definitely interested in them and I've been following what little has been released about them for a bit now, and I gotta say I got a bit of sticker shock at the $700 price tag!

I would get in on the pre-order if I was confident that it would work as advertised, but Franklin doesn't release much information about it. What the heck? A low-res picture of the pack and a very brief teaser video, most of which is in slow-motion. I e-mailed them about compatibility with SP5k-spec non-ambi trigger housings. Their reply, while prompt, was "I don't know. We'll be getting an SP5k in June to test it with." C'mon! They're asking $700, and at that price it doesn't even include an ejector, ejector spring, or ejector pin!

Does it work with shelf guns? Pinned guns? Metal grip-framed guns like the SP89? SP5k spec housings? PTR? TPM? For what they're asking, it would be nice if they would, you know, let us know what it's actually compatible with instead of asking for a whole lot of faith and a good chunk of coin. It says it has an "ambidextrous safety", but it doesn't work with ambi-housings? To be fair, I guess they're releasing more info at the NRA show this weekend, but still and all... and what's with the goofy selector switch?

At any rate, I'd be very curious to know what anyone at the show can find out. I'm down to get one, even at that price, even for another $50+ for the ejector parts, even for another $150 for a non-ambi trigger housing to make it compatible with my SP5k, but not if their policy of buy it and "whoops, you're stuck with it" is gonna burn me like it has with some early binary-trigger adopters of their AR system.

Like the OP said, it's definitely cheaper than a sear!! : )
Curious to hear what other's experiences are before I throw down.

#4 ·
I was in on the early days of their BFS for the AR platform, when they claimed it worked with all lowers and that you could install it yourself. After failing myself and having my local 07/02 give up in frustration trying to get it to work in my Spikes Tactical lower (not exactly an uncommon manufacturer) and being blown off by the Franklin guys, I gave up and sold it to someone (who got it running in his Anderson lower). Shortly after, Franklin changed their website indicating that if you want it installed in your own lower, you had to send it in and pay for them to do it.

So, while I might be interested in getting one of these, I'm not planning on being a first wave purchaser this time. I'll let someone else jump on that grenade.

#7 ·
This is very interesting and I think it is awesome that they have made one for HKs and clones. However like others I think the price is a bit steep and I would have to wait and see how well it works and what it actually works with. I could see myself possibly getting one to switch between my clones. I will never be able to afford a sear for sure so something like this is as close as I could ever hope to get.

#15 ·
Meh!! I have no need to clear a room or assault my way out of an ambush, so at $700 for the trigger (that may or not work in a steel lower) and with the price of .308 ammo this elicits basically zero interest from me.

#16 ·
I've been a huge advocate of these but (1) wish it was Fostech and (2) agree that they missed the target price range - badly. I can just see some marketing type in their conference room talking about escalating sear prices and what we spend on our hosts and the boss just pulling a number from his/her rear. I'm definitely not an early adopter given their spotty track record and how far I bet these fall after they've harvested the golden geese. Guess I'll suffer through with my sear for now. Matt

#30 ·
I feel their price is taking advantage of the ole "You gotta pay to HK" motto. I'm sure they have their reasons and I'm just being crazy but 600 seems high. I'm also assuming it has todo with projected sales being lower opposed to the AR version. I would have preorder at the 400 but that extra 250 hard for me to justify.

#31 ·
^ I was surprised by their price as well... I was expecting something in the $400-$500 range, which is still spendy, but when I saw "$699.99", I thought my goodness...

The 4.5 lb trigger pull sounds good... I wonder if the take-up is any shorter? I guess time will tell. I wish they would release more info on it. Their lack of transparency when attaching that kind of price tag isn't too professional. But I know people have had very good success with their AR units... you know, after coupla generations of hardware like @Beowulf said.

#35 ·
I was all in for 2 maybe 3 but I think I'll pass.After waiting months for the official announcement what a major disappointment to find out the price.As a longtime HK collector I got used to high prices a long time ago but $700 is pretty steep.I'll sit this one out until they come down in price or someone else makes one.Not to mention after watching the rollout of the AR version I sure don't want the first generation.I think they missed the price point badly.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.