Omega Gideon receivers ( UMP clone ) - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Omega Gideon receivers ( UMP clone )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Range report--
    Late yesterday afternoon I'm pleased to say this UMP40 will spit out anything I throw at it. Fired 150 rounds without one single issue of any kind. Interestingly, amoung several friends who were just in awe, the single comment that struck me was how they thought it was light in weight. They were amazed with the weight. While this does in fact weigh more than an MP5::::it's weight distribution is damn near perfect. Control is easy. There is barely any kick or muzzle flip. Recoil is felt but doesn't effect control. Easy to stay on target. So much so, we were shooting 1.5" rings at 30 yards as fast as we could pull the trigger. Overall...I just can't put this down long enough shoot anything else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    The cocking handle slot is too narrow, resulting in the CH being a MFr to pull back.
    Mine was perfect no issue whatsoever .....i compared to the parts kit I had standing by for the build and I can't see any difference at all. I was going to swap them just so I knew I had genuine HK in there but once I had them side by side I forgot which one came with the receiver!! Reassembled and I don't see any difference.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Here is a brief Vid of the 9mm unit in action , Hope to be testing the .40 & .45 this week. >>>> Kahn2112 what was the weight on your gun ?

Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    @fullmann

UMP parts will need to be converted to semi......
    Unless your state specifically forbades FA parts in a semi, this is not a legal mandate. It merely offers an additional safety measure in the function of the parts.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Praetorian View Post
    Unless your state specifically forbades FA parts in a semi, this is not a legal mandate. It merely offers an additional safety measure in the function of the parts.
    Bolts will need to be milled to fit in receiver. The 'catch on the lower will at least need to be removed to fit on the semi receiver.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    Bolts will need to be milled to fit in receiver. The 'catch on the lower will at least need to be removed to fit on the semi receiver.
    That’s correct I was not including the bolt as I was just thinking about the lower but the sear trip lever does need to be removed from the lower but that’s it.
    I think these uppers are made to accept the USC and US made bolts otherwise your bolt mod will be necessary.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks for the info guys... I may have to harvest parts from my USC to make one of these happen.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

@fullmann

There are parts around. Ben at gatewood supply has parts already converted by Tom bostic. There are parts in the marketplace here on hkpro.

There is a list of parts needed to convert the 0-1-F and 0-1-2-F UMP lowers, or some use the SF without the catch.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    Coming soon with a buddy who has one also so there is 2 of them to compare to each other. I have noticed some interesting things right off before any assy.

Inserts are BRASS, once cross threaded and/or stripped? - Found that interesting too.
    There is no Texture, they are very smooth compared to HK receivers. - Hmm. I think a light sandblast would fix that.
    The cocking handle slot is too narrow, resulting in the CH being a MFr to pull back. - Would definately like to know of your friend's receiver has the same issue.
    Was told it came with the rails, it did not. - A couple posts say that they are follow-up shipping them. Did you receive a similar message from Omega?
    There are 3 separate things I can see that deny FA Parts drop in. More on this later
    Will get back to you after we build them up!! - Please do!
    Need another Parts kit!!
    Looking forward to a critical review, and by critical I mean covering every aspect of the receiver from the mold seams that don't appear to be shaved down to the rigidity compared to a USC/UMP (twist), to the necessity for rear sight compensation/overcompensation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gatewood supply is who I went through and he was great to deal with, I couldn't be happier with what I got and his prices are pretty good. His kits are mostly all UMP parts so some will need to be modified, but he does have some of the 40 usc cut bolts already. And I was just curios if no one got the rails or not. I got my case delivered Saturday but no sign of them yet. I messaged top notch about it and it showed they read the message but never responded. another thing if anyone has the actual dimensions or plans to convert the ump to usc bolt I would love to get my hands on them and try the machining myself.
    Last edited by M.Osborne89; 10-16-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links