HKPRO Forums banner

Omega Gideon receivers ( UMP clone )

61K views 224 replies 45 participants last post by  kbinmt 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Looks pretty good. Notice the bolt pin, it doesn't look like a pin, rather a push pin? Anyhow, I see some other subtle differences, and FYI Hk UMP Guy is Wade Bailey.

#26 ·
Definitely worth a look, I wouldn't be so brave as to pull the trigger though. My reluctance isn't meant to bash. It could turn out to be great and everybody goes away happy and good for Omega. I'm just skittish about any company that's been out less than 5 years(more like 3 unless s I'm mistaken) and has a family name that is synonymous with with crappy products that are tits up out the box, though let me be clear I'm referring to the previous Bailey and I've never heard of an Omega being non functional OTB. I have heard of the occasional QC bump in the road that you hear with most products. I've also seen, in postings anyway, Omega taking care of these issues to customers satisfaction. Omega is making a smart move IMO, I see the UMP market growing and an affordable alternative could go over as huge win.
Personally, I prefer to buy once and cry once, it took me awhile to learn that; though I would certainly take notice of an affordable UMP clone.

#39 ·
I know there are multiple threads on conversions from USC to UMP, but just for clarity sake, and to have it right here in this thread for those interested in these new Omega receivers.., Am I correct in stating that this / these are parts or things needed for conversion of a UMP parts kit to work with one of these new Omega receivers:

UMP bolt milled or changed to work with semi auto, trigger parts converted to only semi auto, and... ??? Otherwise am I reading the GB listing correctly in that everything else is drop in and off you go? Since it's not a USC conversion, the mag well would be fine right, as well as the where the stock would normally have to be fused or the block purchased?

#45 · (Edited)
New member here.

On AR15.com Omega posted a thing saying they will convert any parts for you for free with the purchase of their receiver, and sounds like they will build the gun and send it back to your FFL!! So thats pretty sweet.

I bought one on gunbroker last week and have yet to hear from them. I asked them two questions in two emails and no response. Then today I got an email jut saying where to send the money and that was it. No response to my questions, so hopefully this all works out, right now I'm still skeptical about the whole deal...

Also, I just joined because of this UMP project. Ive been around on here years but nothing ever really excited me enough to join. This I am hoping will be a fun and awesome toy. I've always like the UMP, and never like the Kriss or any other 45 Subgun/handgun/rifle. Right now the MP5 or MPX ride with me when we're out blasting rabbits (from Nevada lots of free land), but to have a 45 UMP would be really fun. You don't see many anymore, now with the MK18 and rifles taking over, which is understandable. But the UMP is a nice gun. Its reliable and simple and I've always thought they were cool. I'm definitely excited to own a personal one for the rabbit hunting nights. The subsonic blackout is expensive and not effective on rabbits, they just pencil through. The cases of 45 HSTs are fairly cheap and will be devastating.

Ill keep you updated on what happens with mine.

Cheers everyone!

#46 ·
am I the only one who sees major problems here with all these different shell companies that are owned by Todd and Wade Bailey producing these but yet not answering the tough questions truthfully about who is making what out of what? to what/whose dimensions? has there been any testing done? The units for sale are test sample first runs? Do they fit/work properly? If not, who is the responsible party? Why would a company sell these early(what should be test units) to the public? I hope I am wrong, I hope things are good, but I am reading it is same ole same ole with Todd and Wade bailey not answering people's questions on GunBroker or via Email. Is there a FA Denial Shelf of some kind? Is it a Polymer block or metal insert? Will Polymer welding be needed if it is a metal insert type block to Post May Sample?

Just some food for thought? Whomever gets them, report back on any issues or benefits? Everything for right?

#48 ·
I am definitely nervous. I am actually still debating sending them any money, especially without them answering my questions. I only bought one because I love the UMP, and I spoke with Atlantic Tactical (who has a good rep I think), and they said these UMPs are good to go. They said they will be offering them fully built this fall and that Omega seems to be a good company.
Honestly its a complete gamble. I just hope they make a quality product and this all works because I refuse to pay $4500 for a used converted USC.

#50 ·
I have no role here, other than as a consumer who would like another option for a UMP type range toy. I have a USC inbound, with the intent of sending it to TBT. I will likely salt it away.....maybe ;-)

I have purchased an omega gideon receiver because it promises to be an affordable shooter. I have had all of my emails satisfactorily answered thus far. The companies customer service track record with roller-lock guns marketed by Atlantic should not be ignored. Neither should Atlantic's statement that they will be providing these in one form or another. Their reputation is excellent, and I can not imagine they would be involved unless they believed it to go un-tarnished.

I will channel Scott here, YMMV

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.