Omega Gideon receivers ( UMP clone ) - Page 20
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Omega Gideon receivers ( UMP clone )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Atlantic Firearms has been an asset to the community. I can think of several products that would not have even been successful had Atlantic Firearms not carried them and backed them. Just my two cents, but some confusion on a brand new product, just released and one they do not manufacture is perfectly reasonable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    Shows you the kind of people your dealing with at Atlantic who told you this!!

ENJOY!!
    Atlantic may have mis-posted but I think you are going a little overboard. A little research on your end would have raised the flag for you but flaming Atlantic isn't the way to handle this.
    I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but that's how it's looking.
    Last edited by Kahn2112; 10-24-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kahn2112 View Post
    This has been posted 1000 times - the bolt carrier has to be milled. Atlantic may have mis-posted but I think you are going a little overboard. A little research on your end would have raised the flag for you but flaming Atlantic isn't the way to handle this. I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but that's how it's looking.
    Oh sorry I laid on the sarcasm a little too thick, did I? I, in no way, meant to blast Atlantic. Sorry for the confusion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Atlantic - thanks for checking and for helping to 100% clarify this, I appreciate it, as do others who want to be sure before spending money on a machining process they may not need and which may not be required for their parts.

Others, thanks for the info on it too, I know several of you have posted.

Kahn and JNAP - We are not all UMP to USC to Omega Gideon experts like you guys. Sorry to waste your time with such elementary questions.

My desire to not waste money on machining something that may not need machining is my reason for posting the question. I don't have USC and UMP parts lying around to swap in and out to see. The manufacturer advertising states one thing - UMP parts are drop in and no gunsmithing is required. Post #147 implies machining is not needed for 9mm or 40 cal bolts. I want to be sure.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kahn2112 View Post
    Atlantic may have mis-posted but I think you are going a little overboard. A little research on your end would have raised the flag for you but flaming Atlantic isn't the way to handle this.
    I'm sure that wasn't your intention, but that's how it's looking.
    If you had ordered based of that information I am sure you wouldn’t feel so warm and fuzzy!!

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MW2152 View Post
    Atlantic - thanks for checking and for helping to 100% clarify this, I appreciate it, as do others who want to be sure before spending money on a machining process they may not need and which may not be required for their parts.

Others, thanks for the info on it too, I know several of you have posted.

Kahn and JNAP - We are not all UMP to USC to Omega Gideon experts like you guys. Sorry to waste your time with such elementary questions.

My desire to not waste money on machining something that may not need machining is my reason for posting the question. I don't have USC and UMP parts lying around to swap in and out to see. The manufacturer advertising states one thing - UMP parts are drop in and no gunsmithing is required. Post #147 implies machining is not needed for 9mm or 40 cal bolts. I want to be sure.

Not an issue with you, the issue lies in @Atlantic Firearms.com relying on information from some of the most notorious HK hacks in the last 20 years!! I am no expert, especially with the UMP, G36, or Roller Locks. I have most experience with 416s. The Baileys are worthless and their US G36c Parts are jacked also. Short Stroking with 556 Ammo that cycles every other short and PDW gun used in.

I like @tommyb I like Atlantic, why they didn’t find someone else to make the parts they are backing is beyond me!!

Hope that clears it up!! No problems with Questions, issue lies in the Source of information.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I think I know where the confusion came from . The original info of no modification for the bolt is Correct because it was based on the 9mm unit on the site. The 9mm bolt is US made however the 40 & 45 would in fact need the bolt mods. The bulk of our testing & discussions have been based on the 9mm and I guess we were locked on that caliber. Below is the email we received back from Omega on the question and clarification .

The 9mm bolts are a US made and require no mods. The 40 and 45 bolts are currently German UMP bolts. They require a cut on the bottom left side of the bolt..This surface must be taken down to USC specs, that is .484". This is because the rail in which the bolt sides on is a different height on the USC than on the UMP. We had to follow the USC specs on this feature. Another thing that must be done is open the hinge up on the lower. The UMP hinge pin is 6mm and the USC hinge pin is 7mm. The hinge on the lower must be opened to 7mm to accommodate the USC sized pin. Any and all Full Auto parts in the lower must be removed. Even the semi auto UMP lowers have seer trips and full auto parts that must be removed or the lower will onto swing up onto the upper.

Omega offers this service for $75 including return shipping or you can do it yourself or work with a local gunsmith. I hope this clears up any confusion .
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Atlantic, yes it does clear it up perfectly. I guess I had not considered the 9mm issue and was just focused on the 40 and 45 thoughts going through my head.

Again, thanks for the clarification and follow through!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    ...... The Baileys are worthless and their US G36c Parts are jacked also........
    Atlantic and Co. are first rate by any stretch of the imagination. CS is tip top and Blaine has cut me becoupe deals over the last decade.
    However I’m gonna have to go with the quoted segment above. I’ll stick to the HK conversions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just picked up a receiver from Atlantic firearms it did not come with the barrel pin where can I get one and will a original pin work? thanks

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links