HK Sears and Sears/WGuns Heads Up - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: HK Sears and Sears/WGuns Heads Up

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/733629309

For those that actually know.....weren't these considered one of the worst builds? {i.e., plagued with problems by consistently jamming?} This is just a question...not bashing.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post

For those that actually know.....weren't these considered one of the worst builds? {i.e., plagued with problems by consistently jamming?} This is just a question...not bashing.
    Wouldn’t be my first choice. Most any buyers should buy this for the sear and figure the host as a tinkering project. In other words, maybe a grand at best, but that’s just me.

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)

Let's stay focused on HK and dispense with the unprofessional stuff. Please.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Apparently Fleming never could get these to work reliably.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxfaxdude View Post
    Apparently Fleming never could get these to work reliably.
    Thanks for the info.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Speeddemon02 View Post
    ya, I really have been kicking myself for not having started sooner and saved thousands
    Alternatively, you could buy now and hold then make thousands. Ever since the early 2010s when the trusts started picking up the prices have consistently been rising. Now that you can easily file a form 4 without a CLEO signature it has been even easier opening the market to even more folks. There will be soft spots here/there but overwhelmingly the best time to buy is when you can afford it as demand should only go up.
    caf82313 likes this.

HK Lurker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

We had two of them at the same time, 15+ years ago. Sent them to TDyer and after a year, they still didn't run. The issue is the feeding of the Grease gun mag and the geometry in regards to
    the bolt, feed lips and insertion depth of the mag. IIRC. Couldn't get it to feed more than 2 rounds and it would jam. I though we had the unicorn of MP5's back then but nothing but a unicorn head ache.
    We paid strong for them at the time of $7,500 each with hopes of selling them for bigger bucks but that went up in smoke. They are only worth the value of the sear. The host is an anchor bonus but with
    that being said, a few grand and a good & cooperative builder and you can convert it back to 9mm. I'd hate to see a German host go to waste. Especially on the 94 platform.
    Jim Corby

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Im not big on selling. I usually buy something and have it until it is no longer useful in any way. Ill probably be that way with all of this so that investment money I will never see. If i had jumped on it sooner not knowing the prices like DIAS were going to explode unlike other MGs I could have the sear setups I would like or more.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PORSCHE View Post
    We had two of them at the same time, 15+ years ago. Sent them to TDyer and after a year, they still didn't run. The issue is the feeding of the Grease gun mag and the geometry in regards to
    the bolt, feed lips and insertion depth of the mag. IIRC. Couldn't get it to feed more than 2 rounds and it would jam. I though we had the unicorn of MP5's back then but nothing but a unicorn head ache.
    We paid strong for them at the time of $7,500 each with hopes of selling them for bigger bucks but that went up in smoke. They are only worth the value of the sear. The host is an anchor bonus but with
    that being said, a few grand and a good & cooperative builder and you can convert it back to 9mm. I'd hate to see a German host go to waste. Especially on the 94 platform.
    Thank you for confirming that info, and thanks for sharing the "cause". I wasn't 100% sure, but thought that I had read they were problematic. I often wondered why they had such problems, when the 9mm MP5 platform has always been utterly flawless in operation.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxfaxdude View Post
    I've purchased well over $500 K worth of NFA items (almost all machineguns) over the past 3 years.
    BIG-TIME baller:)
    Brad4065, caf82313 and RMA like this.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links