Gsg9. 45 UMP barrels to be at hkparts.net shortly - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gsg9. 45 UMP barrels to be at hkparts.net shortly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn that sucks... I wish they would make a three lug barrel that would work with the Silencerco 45 3-lug. Maybe one day they will get things right.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

It's possible it's the SiCo 3-lug and not the spec of the barrel. I heard of a few accounts of guys getting SiCo 3-lug mounts for use with B&T MP5K/SP5K barrels and they didn't work although SiCo said they would be compatible.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

No. Verified it's not B&T APC45 compatible. Apparently the Baileys have a "later version" coming, with the B&T APC45 spec front end?

The B&T APC45 3-lug, uses 9mm lugs, milled into a barrel, with an OD of .6365"

The OD of the HKParts barrel is like .705" at the shoulder and OD of threaad protector is about .710" so there's no way.

Also, I dont know if they will be able to do threaded barrels AND have the B&T APC45 spec on the same barrel, as I am not sure if there's enough meat on the barrel to do the threading, with an OD of .6365" needed for the 3-lug adapter.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This barrel is extremely disappointing. I am not sure what the purpose is. I emailed HKParts.net and received confirmation it worked with the Silencerco 45 3 lug mount.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DPS1331 View Post
    This barrel is extremely disappointing. I am not sure what the purpose is. I emailed HKParts.net and received confirmation it worked with the Silencerco 45 3 lug mount.
    Might be that it's only going to work with a can that they want to sell you?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgmc4VKlcnd/

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

@kbinmt - I'm confused by this thread & product. I have a Rugged Obsidian 45 with a Rugged Piston in 16 X 1 LH + a fixed barrel spacer. But that won't work because the threads on this GSG9 barrel are RH. Correct?
    I also have a Rugged Obsidian 3 Lug Mount, but this is what I mount it with to my 9mm 3 lug barrel so it's not going to fit a 45 barrel. Correct?

So to make this work, I need what kind of adapter? So I think it would be this Griffin 3 lug adapter for 45, but I don't know whether or not these are compatible with Rugged: https://www.griffinarmament.com/3-Lu...p/gar40qdk.htm

Then there's this elegant design from Sico: https://www.store.silencerco.com/pro...nt=35515080081
    but it says it's not compatible with B&T pattern barrels AND I don't know if it's compatible with Rugged like Sico adapters are.

For $140 adapter + $300 GSG9 barrel = $440 I might as well just hunt down an HDPS barrel or buy a USC barrel and have it cut down. How was this GSG9 a good thing?

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

To use this barrel, you will need a 16x1RH piston. The 3-lug has no adapters that fit it. It's cosmetic.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Gsg9 or hkparts made a decision to make a barrel profile that is of use to practically no one. Yet.

Now on Instagram, they say they are going to make suppressors for their proprietary 3-lug. They might have alluded to making mounts for other manufacturers cans.
    Gsg9. 45 UMP barrels to be at hkparts.net shortly-screenshot_20180322-214249.png

When I started the thread, it never occurred to me they might do this.

Had they supported the Griffin mount, owners of Griffin, SiCo, and Rugged 45 cans would have had use of the gsg9 UMP barrels.

It remains to be seen if they made the right choice.
    @omega21 your confusion is warranted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kbinmt; 03-23-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

As you may know, I have a cut down USC barrel, with a Griffin. 45 3-lug adapter and Griffin. 45 3-lug mount. I use this set up with my rugged obsidian45 and like it very much. YMMV

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    To use this barrel, you will need a 16x1RH piston. The 3-lug has no adapters that fit it. It's cosmetic.
    @gopherboy128 - that's another $85 piston I'll end up using on exactly one platform. I was worried about that when I saw you guys say RH threads.
    @kbinmt - thanks for the perspective. Very disappointed. So you order your Griffin 3 lug adapter in 16X1LH, then thread it onto the USC barrel and now have the QD feature working with the 3 lug mount?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links