P7M13 Police Trade In - Page 9
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: P7M13 Police Trade In

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    I don't follow why you guys are concerned with durability of case hardening. Are you planning to carry your P7M13s? If so why would you case harden them? Seems to me anyone case hardening them is doing it for the beauty and rarity of a case hardened P7. Are these not going to travel between your safe and the range and back? Why then do you need the case hardening to hold up against the elements?
    Personally, I plan to carry mine. As to why case hardening - I just want something different, and not gonna lie.. To show off to my buddies. But, I'm starting to lean towards hard chrome for now. I'll see how BSoE's turns out and then maybe get an M8 or a P7 case hardened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    I don't follow why you guys are concerned with durability of case hardening. Are you planning to carry your P7M13s? If so why would you case harden them? Seems to me anyone case hardening them is doing it for the beauty and rarity of a case hardened P7. Are these not going to travel between your safe and the range and back? Why then do you need the case hardening to hold up against the elements?
    I don't disagree at all with your comments. I think a case hardened look is very attractive and was curious about the durability. Until I researched it a bit, I did not realize it is not a durable finish for every day use with wear and tear. I intend to carry mine and will be looking at something different.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

I'll carry it sparingly in a leather holster. It probably won't see much range time -- I have beaters for that. If the finish gets beat up in a few years I'll redo it maybe in something else. I'm not concerned. If I was going to carry it daily in a kydex holster that would be a different story.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

IMO, which doesn't count for much is diamond like coating. It can be done in three styles. Matte, sheen or polished. Do a google search. A lot of guys on the 1911 forms have had it done. In the polished it looks like old school bluing but black. The middle looks like the P7 series factory finish. I've got a Zev glock that's had thousands of holster draws. It looks brand new. DLC.

Another idea is to have the piston finished in tin. The gold colored covering. I think this would work wonders on the gas Pistons for carbon removal and reducing friction and wear. There are a lot of new technologies since these were manufactured.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/743889775

Holy smokes maybe I'll just sell mine on gougebroker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/743889775

Holy smokes maybe I'll just sell mine on gougebroker
    I don't get these buyers, a very nice 1-owner M13 just sold on GB for $2375. It had the matching box w/2 mags and manual. Why would this one be bid up to $2725?
    omega21 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TigerEye77 View Post
    I don't get these buyers, a very nice 1-owner M13 just sold on GB for $2375. It had the matching box w/2 mags and manual. Why would this one be bid up to $2725?

More money than brains.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TigerEye77 View Post
    Because I looked at it before it sold.....unlike the ones that sold for $1900 AFTER I saw them.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Might I point out that no one (not me, not you) owns these things forever.

Eventually even the most rabid collector DIES and his/her heirs do what ever they want to do and there ain't do dah any of us can do about once we are gone.

money is like manure - either you spread it around or it starts to really stink
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

money is like manure - either you spread it around or it starts to really stink
    Sounds like a poor man talking.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links