RE: S&H Sear up for auction....what will it go for now? - Page 2

Poll: Where do you think the sear market will go this year?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: RE: S&H Sear up for auction....what will it go for now?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    In all honesty, I sincerely thought this year the market would correct into the mid $20's
    Just curious where that thinking came from? History has only shown an increase over the years/decades(in all transferables not just Sears)(some faster than others think HK Sears/Packs, DIAS's, Norrel 22 Trigger packs the latter 2 have basically doubled since 2013/14)...........Correction implies something was out of whack in the market right? I mean you have a finite amount and an ever increasing amount of buyers......I could see a recession/depression softening the market but short of a repeal which we both know is never happening I dont see what you call a "Correction" happening.........
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Just curious where that thinking came from? History has only shown an increase over the years/decades(in all transferables not just Sears)(some faster than others think HK Sears/Packs, DIAS's, Norrel 22 Trigger packs the latter 2 have basically doubled since 2013/14)...........Correction implies something was out of whack in the market right? I mean you have a finite amount and an ever increasing amount of buyers......I could see a recession/depression softening the market but short of a repeal which we both know is never happening I dont see what you call a "Correction" happening.........
    Hey Trey

I guess my thought process aligned with a new "gun friendly administration". The caveat in that message......stupid/ignorant/uneducated/illegal school shooters. So I really thought with Trump in, and Killary out....things would subside for the immediate. Having said that, and you are correct, there are a "finite" number of MG/Sears/RR.....so in all honesty, I put my vote at flat....because given the current climate, I don't see an increase, but I truly do not see any reason for a decrease right now......unless they repeal NFA.....which is almost as likely as spotting bigfoot and recording on a real camera.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    I mean.....that's crazy talk. In all honesty, I sincerely thought this year the market would correct into the mid $20's.......but there again your info says otherwise....clearly. Where's @SudS ? Thought this would bring him out of the woodwork
    There is ZERO indication that machine gun prices are going or will go down and every indication that prices will go up.
    caf82313 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

James D Julia has a transferable Fleming pack in a Vector host and Qualified RR MP5/SD up for auction next week. Neither are mine but they ought to bring some new price data points to the discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another thing to consider is a large contingent that are retiring out of Cali have never had a chance to own class III weapons and may artificially bump the market. I am not a retiree out of Cali, but having left the God forsaken state, I am blowing a wad on what I can get my hands on. So far (2) HK sbr's, (1) Hk host w/sear, and a couple of other items
    caf82313 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Auction is this weekend....and there are two of these going up for sale. Hope someone here gets at least one of them. Good luck!!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I wish the supply was just finite, it is actually slowly shrinking I suspect. I have read too many threads about MGs and paperwork getting separated - normally in an estate situation - not to think at least a small number of MGs get turned into the authorities each year for destruction. Some get saved, but those are just the ones that make it onto the gun boards for discussion. While MG owners mostly have pretty much zero political influence, the more widely they are owned the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    I wish the supply was just finite, it is actually slowly shrinking I suspect. I have read too many threads about MGs and paperwork getting separated - normally in an estate situation - not to think at least a small number of MGs get turned into the authorities each year for destruction. Some get saved, but those are just the ones that make it onto the gun boards for discussion. While MG owners mostly have pretty much zero political influence, the more widely they are owned the better.

I’m just too broke to own a MG.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post

Im sure it is shrinking. It can't be growing.lol. I often wonder how many DIAS, FNC & HK sears have been simply thrown away unknowingly as worthless junk parts over the years by Estate relatives cleaning out a gun safe or gun room. I cringe at the thought but I'm sure it has happened.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    Im sure it is shrinking. It can't be growing.lol. I often wonder how many DIAS, FNC & HK sears have been simply thrown away unknowingly as worthless junk parts over the years by Estate relatives cleaning out a gun safe or gun room. I cringe at the thought but I'm sure it has happened.
    Yep def shrinking losing on average of 1k mg's per year through attrition ATF Reveals The Number of Registered Machine Guns - The Truth About Guns
    Last edited by caf82313; 04-14-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links