Brownells to import parts - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Brownells to import parts

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    lol, we’re all entitled to our opinions and I do respect yours. I think the roll marks are what truly make the difference. I recall reading here a few years ago, that MR556 and HK416 lowers were billeted because billeted is better. If it’s better than HK would do just that because HK being HK (no compromise) would put out a billet lower considering how expensive these guns are but now as we can see their lowers are cast.

I have come across some ugly voids that came from the factory (obviously) on 416 uppers and lowers. I think I still have photos of the lower that had a couple voids on corner of magwell. The one Upper that sticks out in my head numerous small voids along the left side. Not saying which is better just acknowledging casting voids/anomalies.

I thought BAFA laws were changing in September.

Just noticed post above!! Same thing I read.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

HK uses Forgings , NOT castings or machined Billet . Forgings are cheaper and stronger . The process puts a grain in the material adding directional strength. Billet machines faster and is easier to Anodize .

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Oicani likes this.
    Certified NRA RSO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope they aren't going to put some awful engravings....

Also a part of me is wary of this whole thing. I've bought "Brownells" brand items before and have been disappointed, hoping this is not the same.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'd buy a few stripped lowers just to have the profile as a base without doing the 80% deal or buying a MR556 lower for $1500.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Does HK have the HK416/417 forgings made with a different metal from the usual 7075 that most lowers here in America are made of? That would be the only draw of the Brownells finished ones to me at least.

Beyond that, it doesn't seem like they have very many "cool" parts. The A&D steel barrel is a huge part of the appeal of most HK guns for me. Maybe we'll get cheaper E1 stocks and real RAL8000 HK416 handguards, and a few stripped uppers would be nice for builds, though it's a shame the supply of 416 barrels seems to be mostly dried up from my brief search for some.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Impressive--- like their Retro Rifles--- maybe they will build and sell complete rifles--- wake up HK!!!

Tony

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No barrels, no bolts, no lowers, only misc. parts. It will be nice to have access to more parts and accessories for the 416/417 platform, hopefully at decent prices, but this isn't a "game changer", IMHO. Too bad we can't get the good stuff...
    "In your work space!"

PCS-9 SBR
    HK MR556
    HK VP9 Tactical
    HK VP9
    HK VP9sk
    HK USPc LEM 9mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1f1fan View Post
    No barrels, no bolts, no lowers, only misc. parts. It will be nice to have access to more parts and accessories for the 416/417 platform, hopefully at decent prices, but this isn't a "game changer", IMHO. Too bad we can't get the good stuff...
    Ah, not that exciting as barrels, bolts, and lowers. Brownells have had some misc. parts for the 416 early on, then slowly diminished over the years.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gator33 View Post
    Even better. My plan would be to have them installed on MR barrels and then see how they run. As far as I know, it's possible with the N style, but highly improbable with the A5 style.

Augee, where are you seeing 417 adjustable gas blocks in the US? I've seen the 416 ones you're talking about, but I've never seen a 417 block floating around.
    ::shrug::

I've expressed my opinion on AGBs more than once before, and part of me is forced to wonder why, if HK "fixed" N-gas block they decided to design yet another based on the 417 for the A5.

Re: the 417 AGBs, I don't want for a second to imply that they were common or easy to get, hahaha, but I've seen the occasional one pop up used and have known some folks who've got 'em, but I doubt there are many, and I suspect the folks who've got 'em wouldn't part with them easy.

The best way to get parts, including 417 AGBs is/has been, frankly, to work with an importer/exporter and have them get the part for you. It's expensive, it usually takes a long time, but I've gotten plenty of parts that weren't "listed" on any commercial retailer's website by doing this, and there's really not that many parts that I consider "unobtainable" for one willing to go through the effort and spend the money except for--surprise surprise, hahaha, barrels and lowers. In fact, I was discussing the possibility of importing some parts onesie and twosie from Zib myself for some small parts I needed, but the mark-up was understandably high to go through the whole importation process for a couple hundred dollars worth of parts, so I may just hold-off and wait to see what Brownell's brings them in for and how much, since they're doing it in a much larger quantity.

~Augee

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Augee View Post
    ::shrug::

I've expressed my opinion on AGBs more than once before, and part of me is forced to wonder why, if HK "fixed" N-gas block they decided to design yet another based on the 417 for the A5.

Re: the 417 AGBs, I don't want for a second to imply that they were common or easy to get, hahaha, but I've seen the occasional one pop up used and have known some folks who've got 'em, but I doubt there are many, and I suspect the folks who've got 'em wouldn't part with them easy.

The best way to get parts, including 417 AGBs is/has been, frankly, to work with an importer/exporter and have them get the part for you. It's expensive, it usually takes a long time, but I've gotten plenty of parts that weren't "listed" on any commercial retailer's website by doing this, and there's really not that many parts that I consider "unobtainable" for one willing to go through the effort and spend the money except for--surprise surprise, hahaha, barrels and lowers. In fact, I was discussing the possibility of importing some parts onesie and twosie from Zib myself for some small parts I needed, but the mark-up was understandably high to go through the whole importation process for a couple hundred dollars worth of parts, so I may just hold-off and wait to see what Brownell's brings them in for and how much, since they're doing it in a much larger quantity.

~Augee
    @Augee .......I fully agree. I'm not making any "major" moves simply due to this fact. Albeit, they won't be able to import lower's, complete uppers, or barrels, but they will be able {I think} to import like.....quad rails, sites, stocks, tubes, springs, buffers, etc.,...... We'll see.
    JNAP94 likes this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links