As the wet toad -- I am laughing at this one -- involved in this instance, I would make the following points:
1. I have too many guns and missing this deal was probably a good thing looking at the arc of time and how I might otherwise deploy the capital needed for this purchase.
2. @bastardsonofelvis is correct that in the world of internet gun sales this is a relatively minor infraction. Nobody is out money here.
3. With that said, the seller did not follow the forum rules which require clearly establishing what is needed to buy the firearm, examples are in the stickies if you need them. In the absence of clearly establishing what is needed, and when ads are posted by long-term members, it is understood that an unambiguous, unqualified, and public "I'll take it" buys the gun.
4. Common courtesy is if you are also going to offer a gun for sale locally, you mention that in the ad. Avoids disappointment and respects people's time - people who don't want to play the "who said yes first" game.
5. My primary objection is I took the time to post and send follow-up PMs to buy the gun and the seller didn't bother to respond to me, just edited the ad and, I suppose, assumed I would figure it out on my own. This is the discourtesy that I find unusual for HKPRO.
6. I don't harbor any ill will toward the seller and appreciate the gun business is low-margin and time-intensive endeavor. With that said, there is a baseline for interacting with folks when you seek them out in a public sale forum. It is my view this (non) transaction failed to meet this baseline.
Last edited by shooting systems; 04-13-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Fair enough. Thanks for explaining.
A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"
Certified NRA RSO
However, I have had experiences on other very well known forums where I got the "I'll take it" on a firearm sale only to then get the song and dance that the buyer has to first sell something else or make some other extreme effort to come up with the cash.
I have no patience for contingency sales. If you say you are going to take an item, you had better have cash ready and not waste my time. Otherwise, move to the back of the line
........that's all I'm saying.
Last edited by Nehalemguy; 04-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.