I just find it odd.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: I just find it odd....

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

As the wet toad -- I am laughing at this one -- involved in this instance, I would make the following points:
    1. I have too many guns and missing this deal was probably a good thing looking at the arc of time and how I might otherwise deploy the capital needed for this purchase.
    2. @bastardsonofelvis is correct that in the world of internet gun sales this is a relatively minor infraction. Nobody is out money here.
    3. With that said, the seller did not follow the forum rules which require clearly establishing what is needed to buy the firearm, examples are in the stickies if you need them. In the absence of clearly establishing what is needed, and when ads are posted by long-term members, it is understood that an unambiguous, unqualified, and public "I'll take it" buys the gun.
    4. Common courtesy is if you are also going to offer a gun for sale locally, you mention that in the ad. Avoids disappointment and respects people's time - people who don't want to play the "who said yes first" game.
    5. My primary objection is I took the time to post and send follow-up PMs to buy the gun and the seller didn't bother to respond to me, just edited the ad and, I suppose, assumed I would figure it out on my own. This is the discourtesy that I find unusual for HKPRO.
    6. I don't harbor any ill will toward the seller and appreciate the gun business is low-margin and time-intensive endeavor. With that said, there is a baseline for interacting with folks when you seek them out in a public sale forum. It is my view this (non) transaction failed to meet this baseline.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    He probably sold it between the time he made the original WTS ad and before he read/saw GPSIG's "I'll Take It" post. I was online when GPSIG made the post and saw that the seller's online status was off, meaning he was offline.
    This is exactly what happened...

I am a full time business, so if someone local buys it or from another site between when I post an add and eventually get back to the other adds on various sites, what can I do? I mean it is up for sale until it is not.
    Last edited by shooting systems; 04-13-2018 at 06:58 AM.
    FFL/SOT
    Wisconsin

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Fair enough. Thanks for explaining.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting systems View Post
    This is exactly what happened... I am a full time business
    Then act like a full time business and do the person that tried to buy it on THIS forum the common courtesy of responding to his PM to trying to buy it. When i look at a member with a very low post count and has been a member for a long time that I have never seen post , I walk on by , for this very reason.
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    I'm with @Brad4065 . @Nehalemguy I disagree with your comment (and tone) because there are rules in the forum that say whomever posts "I'll take it" gets it. The whole "put cash in my hand wins" comment is not in keeping with how an honorable sale works where you offer to sell and someone commits to purchase.
    I think what happened here is that @Sextus (I'm sure with no malice intended) revealed to @shooting systems that he under-priced the gun, and Shooting Systems realized he messed up and pulled that underhanded move, tried to deny it was dishonorable, and deflected with some comment about post count. Frankly behavior like that is what deserves to get people censured here. However, what's most likely to occur is that this thread will get locked and/or deleted.
    Also, I will add, this is why we have rules about not posting commentary in sales threads. Not that I'm not guilty of doing that myself...
    I have never had anything but good experience with sales on this forum although in the interest of full disclosure, I have only been the "buyer". I personally think my membership too junior to sell a firearm here.

However, I have had experiences on other very well known forums where I got the "I'll take it" on a firearm sale only to then get the song and dance that the buyer has to first sell something else or make some other extreme effort to come up with the cash.

I have no patience for contingency sales. If you say you are going to take an item, you had better have cash ready and not waste my time. Otherwise, move to the back of the line
    ........that's all I'm saying.

E
    Last edited by Nehalemguy; 04-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    He probably sold it between the time he made the original WTS ad and before he read/saw GPSIG's "I'll Take It" post. I was online when GPSIG made the post and saw that the seller's online status was off, meaning he was offline.
    Enabler!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    Then act like a full time business and do the person that tried to buy it on THIS forum the common courtesy of responding to his PM to trying to buy it. When i look at a member with a very low post count and has been a member for a long time that I have never seen post , I walk on by , for this very reason.
    I would have. But, after I was able to at least update the add the complaining started shortly after...

Pass up what you want. But your enlightened judgments based on limited information are misplaced in this case.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

I am a full time business, so if someone local buys it or from another site between when I post an add and eventually get back to the other adds on various sites, what can I do? I mean it is up for sale until it is not.
    Lesson learned--- I hope--- respect and consideration is all that is asked--- after this thread, we will wait to hear from you when you have something else to sell (v. contributing)!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK556WI View Post
    I know the guy personally.

He is on the up and up. I wouldn't send business his way if he wasn't.

I have run a lot of business thru him in the past.

I also have seen 94s go for that price lately on GB.

I am just bummed that he didn't give me a chance at it first.

He knows that I have HK issues.
    Enabler 2!!!
    So you are the one that bought it.

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

As others have suggested, if you are also posting the sale locally or elsewhere, it only takes an extra sentence in your ad to avoid this from happening again.

So can we all kiss and make up (not literally, though)? :)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links