I just find it odd.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: I just find it odd....

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

@shooting systems--- you did not remove "all" of your "WTS" posts--- you do not have to act like that--- a simple apology (and PM to @GPSIG ) would have sufficed, and the matter would not drag out like this--- people skills!!!

Tony
    TooSixy and JNAP94 like this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Lesson learned--- I hope--- respect and consideration is all that is asked--- after this thread, we will wait to hear from you when you have something else to sell (v. contributing)!!!

Tony

I am not new here. And all of the only lesson learned is how critical people on sites can be of those who choose to spend most of their life in the real world and are penalized for it for having low post counts... What a misguided way to look at others.

Look, my post count is already going up again!! Reading post counts are like judging a book by its cover...
    FFL/SOT
    Wisconsin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    @shooting systems--- you did not remove "all" of your "WTS" posts--- you do not have to act like that--- a simple apology (and PM to @GPSIG ) would have sufficed, and the matter would not drag out like this--- people skills!!!

Tony

All of the other sold locally too, so I made sure to remove the adds right away to avoid more misunderstandings..

I have nothing against GPSIG, but I do not owe an apology. He jumped with the accusation that started this whole thing, not me... I did not even get a chance to respond to PM's about the rifle before all of this started.

I will however will take all of this into consideration. I am not without compassion, respect and understanding :)
    Last edited by shooting systems; 04-13-2018 at 01:37 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting systems View Post
    But your enlightened judgments based on limited information are misplaced in this case.
    I think GPSIG stated his case in professional manner . What would you like to add to this "limited information " you refer to . So you " spend mist of your life in the real world " ...... how special . Ha ! I'm running past any adds you might post .

Btw , did you cross list a pistol last month ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    I'm with @Brad4065 . @Nehalemguy I disagree with your comment (and tone) because there are rules in the forum that say whomever posts "I'll take it" gets it. The whole "put cash in my hand wins" comment is not in keeping with how an honorable sale works where you offer to sell and someone commits to purchase.
    I think what happened here is that @Sextus (I'm sure with no malice intended) revealed to @shooting systems that he under-priced the gun, and Shooting Systems realized he messed up and pulled that underhanded move, tried to deny it was dishonorable, and deflected with some comment about post count. Frankly behavior like that is what deserves to get people censured here. However, what's most likely to occur is that this thread will get locked and/or deleted.
    Also, I will add, this is why we have rules about not posting commentary in sales threads. Not that I'm not guilty of doing that myself...

I agree also, HONOR the first to say “I WILL TAKE IT” or don’t post your stuff for sale here. I hope I am speaking for everyone that this is not a bidding site, someone offering you more money after someone has committed to buying it is not allowed on this Forum and you can be removed from it for doing so!! It has happened to me personally and that person was banned. So I know the Moderators and Administrators don’t allow it.

I agree, it sure seems he decided to up the price, but I can only speculate!! I just had a Pristine PEQ-15 snatched from under me 2015 DOM IIRC Black Labels for $1600 and guy offered $50 more before I could PP the $$. I just put those people on blast about what they did. I would have been pissed, but had more respect if he asked me to match it. KARMA will catch up to them all!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    I agree also, HONOR the first to say “I WILL TAKE IT” or don’t post your stuff for sale here. I hope I am speaking for everyone that this is not a bidding site, someone offering you more money after someone has committed to buying it is not allowed on this Forum and you can be removed from it for doing so!! It has happened to me personally and that person was banned. So I know the Moderators and Administrators don’t allow it.

I agree, it sure seems he decided to up the price, but I can only speculate!! I just had a Pristine PEQ-15 snatched from under me 2015 DOM IIRC Black Labels for $1600 and guy offered $50 more before I could PP the $$. I just put those people on blast about what they did. I would have been pissed, but had more respect if he asked me to match it. KARMA will catch up to them all!!
    The "I will take it" does not lock in a sale. It is only an expression of interest. Negotiations for the sale would follow and the seller is under no obligation to sell if the buyer makes unreasonable demands or if the two parties simply can't come to terms.

I once posted a firearm on another site where I received the "I'll take it" notification within two hours of posting....then nothing...for over a week....from the interested party. No response to my PMs or posts so I sold it to the next guy in line.

On day twelve I get a message from the original "I'll take it" guy. He now wants to complete the sale. I messaged him back that the firearm had sold since he had not responded to any follow up messages. He then tells me that he had posted the "I'll take it" just prior to boarding a flight for a hunt in Canada and that I should have waited for him to get back. I told him that was an unreasonable expectation, especially since he had given no indication in his post that he would be unavailable for follow up.

He left me a nice negative feedback for that. Thanks dude.

E

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nehalemguy View Post
    The "I will take it" does not lock in a sale. It is only an expression of interest. Negotiations for the sale would follow and the seller is under no obligation to sell if the buyer makes unreasonable demands or if the two parties simply can't come to terms.

I once posted a firearm on another site where I received the "I'll take it" notification within two hours of posting....then nothing...for over a week....from the interested party. No response to my PMs or posts so I sold it to the next guy in line.

On day twelve I get a message from the original "I'll take it" guy. He now wants to complete the sale. I messaged him back that the firearm had sold since he had not responded to any follow up messages. He then tells me that he had posted the "I'll take it" just prior to boarding a flight for a hunt in Canada and that I should have waited for him to get back. I told him that was an unreasonable expectation, especially since he had given no indication in his post that he would be unavailable for follow up.

He left me a nice negative feedback for that. Thanks dude.

E
    I am pretty sure something like this will likely not happen here on this forum. They run a tight ship and will step in when either party contacts them with proof of the wrong doing.

I have had this happening to me as well. I already paid for the item and the seller refunded my money AFTER he marked the item as SOLD to me, only to sell it to the next guy in line. Probably for a higher price, who knows.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pistol...5905-sold.html
    Nehalemguy likes this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    I am pretty sure something like this will likely not happen here on this forum. They run a tight ship and will step in when either party contacts them with proof of the wrong doing.

I have had this happening to me as well. I already paid for the item and the seller refunded my money AFTER he marked the item as SOLD to me, only to sell it to the next guy in line. Probably for a higher price, who knows.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-pistol...5905-sold.html
    Wow! What a train wreck! It's situations like that one that have made me favor consignment at the LGS over online postings.

So far I really like it here, but I've learned that no matter where you go, there will be flakes that want to play games. I'm probably just getting old and irritable but I have no patience for those type anymore.

E
    Last edited by Nehalemguy; 04-13-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I agree. "I will take it" is not an expression of commitment, but interest. On this forum, I expressed an interest in buying a USP45c SS. After receiving more pictures from the seller, I was ready to buy, but waited 3 days before emailing the seller my commitment to buy (got too busy with other things). Well, in that intervening time, the seller sold the gun to another buyer. It was business, not personal. Besides, I ended up buying another USP45c SS weeks later.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

E
    What--- are you his brother-in-law???
    An "I'll take it" does lock in a sale (unless stated "sold locally" or "cross-posted")--- WTF--- an "expression of interest"--- if you are not going to sell for a specified price, then auction the item.

Tony

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links