I just find it odd.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: I just find it odd....

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

On HK Pro " I will take it " followed with a PM, IS saying that you agree to the sellers price and terms of sale PERIOD. The issue here is cross posting without notice in his WTS ad. Most post here first to offer to members of HK Pro first dibbs, if they get no bites then off to GB or local sites.

Just my 2 cents.
    Brad4065 and soviet64 like this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    What--- are you his brother-in-law???
    An "I'll take it" does lock in a sale (unless stated "sold locally" or "cross-posted")--- WTF--- an "expression of interest"--- if you are not going to sell for a specified price, then auction the item.

Tony
    Lol...No...I have no idea who he is.

If you were to post a firearm and I say "I will take it", how long would I have before I need to pay you? One day? Two days? Two weeks?
    Does the "I'll take it" allow me to dictate terms to you or do you still reserve the right to refuse the sale if my terms are unreasonable to you?

The point I am making is that a "I'll take it" is not a absolute conclusion. It is simply the opening move in a negotiated sale. If I have two willing buyers, and buyer #1 wants to add burdensome demands (I can pay you when I get my tax return!) as part of the sale and buyer #2 does not, I am going to sell to buyer #2. I apologize if that ruffles feathers....its just business.

E
    Last edited by Nehalemguy; 04-13-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

noob here. What is the going rate for an hk94

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nehalemguy View Post
    Lol...No...I have no idea who he is.

If you were to post a firearm and I say "I will take it", how long would I have before I need to pay you? One day? Two days? Two weeks?
    Does the "I'll take it" allow me to dictate terms to you or do you still reserve the right to refuse the sale if my terms are unreasonable to you?

The point I am making is that a "I'll take it" is not a absolute conclusion. It is simply the opening move in a negotiated sale. If I have two willing buyers, and buyer #1 wants to add burdensome demands (I can pay you when I get my tax return!) as part of the sale and buyer #2 does not, I am going to sell to buyer #2. I apologize if that ruffles feathers....its just business.

E
    Just funnin' ya--- there were no variables here--- @GPSIG accepted and was ready to pay--- if not stated, payment within three (3) business days would be reasonable!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
    Depends upon originality, condition, A2 or A3, CA. DOC or not, etc.!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
    Seriously?
    omega21 and mrabhorring like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What price was this rifle posted for? The for sale ad is gone.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    What price was this rifle posted for? The for sale ad is gone.
    It was listed at $3900. One would "assume" that he sold it at his shop for that???
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shooting systems View Post
    All of the other sold locally too, so I made sure to remove the adds right away to avoid more misunderstandings..

I have nothing against GPSIG, but I do not owe an apology. He jumped with the accusation that started this whole thing, not me... I did not even get a chance to respond to PM's about the rifle before all of this started.

I will however will take all of this into consideration. I am not without compassion, respect and understanding :)
    Charming. Post count is a reflection of activity. One could make an account in 2003, but not be very active. That lack of activity might contribute to their misunderstandings of how WTS ads work on the forum. It could also contribute to the misunderstanding of the current values of certain HKs. The whole lot could create a situation where a member makes a mistake. But instead of owning it, the member decides to blame the victim and screws up their reputation permanently. Then again, that sounds far fetched even for the real world.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Charming. Post count is a reflection of activity. One could make an account in 2003, but not be very active. That lack of activity might contribute to their misunderstandings of how WTS ads work on the forum. It could also contribute to the misunderstanding of the current values of certain HKs. The whole lot could create a situation where a member makes a mistake. But instead of owning it, the member decides to blame the victim and screws up their reputation permanently. Then again, that sounds far fetched even for the real world.
    Nahhh.....sounds about right.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links