I just find it odd.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: I just find it odd....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No you are being critical of me putting it up a a good price?

And there was no mistake and no "victim"... and my reputation is not damaged. If you choose to not respond to any adds, so be it.

More reasonable people see that I posted an add. Went offline. Sold the item to someone offline. Went online and changed the add to say it had been sold locally. SUCCESS....

This happens all of the time. Seems it is only being called into question because I posted it at a good price. Maybe that was the "mistake".

Anyway, I will add language in the add to say items are for sale elsewhere.

Bigons be bigons....
    FFL/SOT
    Wisconsin

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

No, I am being critical of shady behavior.

It sold locally in 20 minutes of your post? What are the odds on that? Probably about the same as a seller not responding to a PM to preemptively explain what just happened. Those are two very odd occurances excluding the contempt you have for the would be buyer. Yeah, in a way the pricing was the mistake.

Bygones be bigons and all that.
    omega21 and JNAP94 like this.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    On HK Pro " I will take it " followed with a PM, IS saying that you agree to the sellers price and terms of sale PERIOD.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Nehalemguy View Post

The point I am making is that a "I'll take it" is not a absolute conclusion. It is simply the opening move in a negotiated sale.
    @Nehalemguy while I completely disagree with this assessment, the mods make it pretty clear how to address such concerns here to avoid issues: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts-...ml#post1903833
    Honestly, if you are worried about someone who wants to quibble after posting "I'll take it" then say "no quibbeling or discussion after posting I'll take it" in your sales thread. You are the seller make the rules that work for you. If you want payment in 2 days not 2 weeks, just specify this in your ad.

Quote Originally Posted by shooting systems View Post

... I posted an add. Went offline. Sold the item to someone offline...

This happens all of the time. .
    No Sir. No it doesn't. Also, no one is new to the concept of how an online sale works. If you post something on line and someone offers to buy in person, take 3 seconds to check that the online ad didn't sell before committing to the in-person sale. I think much of the issue that people are having with this situation is that the buyer posted within 20 minutes and it was you who didn't check the ad till the next day. Your lack of diligence cost a forum member a good deal. Unfortunately, it also opened you up to scrutiny and speculation about chasing a better price after someone alerted you the price was low. I think you are doing the right thing by making your case as to what happened. You certainly don't have to, but it's good to hear your side.
    @TooSixy - that other thread is a doozy!
    soviet64, GPSIG and AGG like this.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    I agree also, HONOR the first to say “I WILL TAKE IT” or don’t post your stuff for sale here. I hope I am speaking for everyone that this is not a bidding site, someone offering you more money after someone has committed to buying it is not allowed on this Forum and you can be removed from it for doing so!! It has happened to me personally and that person was banned. So I know the Moderators and Administrators don’t allow it.

I agree, it sure seems he decided to up the price, but I can only speculate!! I just had a Pristine PEQ-15 snatched from under me 2015 DOM IIRC Black Labels for $1600 and guy offered $50 more before I could PP the $$. I just put those people on blast about what they did. I would have been pissed, but had more respect if he asked me to match it. KARMA will catch up to them all!!
    This is the same guy who insisted he was getting A5 shorties about a year and half to two years ago, isn’t it? I recall when called out about it he disappeared for quite some. He was looking for high dollar advance deposits. In The end he seemingly had not a clue what an A5 upper is, IIRC.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    This is the same guy who insisted he was getting A5 shorties about a year and half to two years ago, isn’t it? I recall when called out about it he disappeared for quite some. He was looking for high dollar advance deposits. In The end he seemingly had not a clue what an A5 upper is, IIRC.
    Wait a minute.....the seller of the HK94 is that guy???? Am I reading this correct David???

What are the odds????
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

So, what was the asking price?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    So, what was the asking price?
    .......$3900

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    I was never clear if he had a screenname on here or not, but if this is him, yeah he is a POS and honestly should be banned!! But..

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    I was never clear if he had a screenname on here or not, but if this is him, yeah he is a POS and honestly should be banned!! But..
    JNAP and @Brad4065 :

Wisconsin based, yeah it’s him. I had some PMs with him and here is the link to his WTS post.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts-...-5-uppers.html
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 04-14-2018 at 02:35 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Fool me once, shame on bigons.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links