I just find it odd....
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: I just find it odd....

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Default I just find it odd....

Ok...so as this may be in the wrong section, I just find it odd, that a HK94 sells offline...within 20 mins, after being posted.....and then the OP closes the
    thread because he/she doesn't like the feedback. Just sayin........this is fishy....

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-g...-wts-hk94.html

Was this a ligit sale, or BS?

@GPSIG I'm in your corner on this one, as personally I call BS.

Just my $.02
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

My policy with sales is that the first person to put cash in my hand wins. Get over it and move on.

E

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

I call it decency--- was this sold "after" the post of undervaluation (?)--- there are unwritten codes!!!

Tony
    JNAP94 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

I'm with @Brad4065 . @Nehalemguy I disagree with your comment (and tone) because there are rules in the forum that say whomever posts "I'll take it" gets it. The whole "put cash in my hand wins" comment is not in keeping with how an honorable sale works where you offer to sell and someone commits to purchase.
    I think what happened here is that @Sextus (I'm sure with no malice intended) revealed to @shooting systems that he under-priced the gun, and Shooting Systems realized he messed up and pulled that underhanded move, tried to deny it was dishonorable, and deflected with some comment about post count. Frankly behavior like that is what deserves to get people censured here. However, what's most likely to occur is that this thread will get locked and/or deleted.
    Also, I will add, this is why we have rules about not posting commentary in sales threads. Not that I'm not guilty of doing that myself...

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

My understanding of the wts forum rules is that when an ad is posted and a member says "I'll take it" in no uncertain terms, a contract of sorts has been formed. If either party breaches, they are afoul of forum rules. I find it quite unlikely that the rifle sold in the 20 minutes between the OP and the reply.

That said, on the spectrum of getting screwed buying a gun on the web this is a minor event.
    TooSixy and chuckster62 like this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I don't know, it does seem shady BUT it was a STUPID GOOD DEAL! It was well under market value and I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one who would've noticed the steep discount...
    Who knows maybe he listed it on a local for sale site and someone else beat the forum. Lets just be civil and a bit rational before we start accusing other members.
    Hk 416
    Hk UMP45
    Hk MP5K-N
    Hk MK23
    Hk USPC
    Hk P2000
    Hk USP9SD

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    My understanding of the wts forum rules is that when an ad is posted and a member says "I'll take it" in no uncertain terms, a contract of sorts has been formed. If either party breaches, they are afoul of forum rules. I find it quite unlikely that the rifle sold in the 20 minutes between the OP and the reply.
    He probably sold it between the time he made the original WTS ad and before he read/saw GPSIG's "I'll Take It" post. I was online when GPSIG made the post and saw that the seller's online status was off, meaning he was offline.
    jackpot likes this.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    He probably sold it between the time he made the original WTS ad and before he read/saw GPSIG's "I'll Take It" post. I was online when GPSIG made the post and saw that the seller's online status was off, meaning he was offline.
    Agree..other folks the seller knows or is around knew it was a blasting deal aswell like those here...hence one jumped on it like a wet toad.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot View Post
    jumped on it like a wet toad.
    My comment only has to do with THIS statement. It made my night - still laughing!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I know the guy personally.

He is on the up and up. I wouldn't send business his way if he wasn't.

I have run a lot of business thru him in the past.

I also have seen 94s go for that price lately on GB.

I am just bummed that he didn't give me a chance at it first.

He knows that I have HK issues.
    Lighting the Darkness

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links