Mark 23
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mark 23

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Activestatic79's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2012
    Location : Louisiana
    Posts : 154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Mark 23

    I was window shopping this past weekend and there was a 1996 Mark 23 on display. It was in glass case like the guitar from Wayne’s World. The sales guy kept stressing that it has the maritime finish etc. The price? $2999.99. Does that date code and finish really command that price?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    yz125racer's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Location : Texas
    Posts : 537
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    If it's brand new, the answers is yes.
    D9M9TR9S likes this.

  3. #3
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,278
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Activestatic79 View Post
    I was window shopping this past weekend and there was a 1996 Mark 23 on display. It was in glass case like the guitar from Wayne’s World. The sales guy kept stressing that it has the maritime finish etc. The price? $2999.99. Does that date code and finish really command that price?
    What is the serial number???

    Tony

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Premium Professional
    THRLSEKR's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Location : Central Florida
    Posts : 554
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Activestatic79 View Post
    I was window shopping this past weekend and there was a 1996 Mark 23 on display. It was in glass case like the guitar from Wayne’s World. The sales guy kept stressing that it has the maritime finish etc. The price? $2999.99. Does that date code and finish really command that price?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I returned your P.M. The answer depends on several things, namely:

    M "ark" or M "ARK" on the frame.

    and FIRED or UN-Fired.

  6. #5
    Sheepdog in West Texas

    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Location : San Angelo, Tx
    Age : 66
    Posts : 1,210
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    Would LOVE to see pix tomorrow or Thursday. Seems intriguing. Kind of like a 'barn find' to use a motorcycle euphemism.

    Seems to be a possible, but as has been said above, condition and type are everything.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

    "Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

  7. #6
    Very Senior Member
    taclore's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2016
    Location : Oklahoma
    Posts : 354
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Like I told you on Facebook you need more pictures and to tell us if it is MARK or Mark.

    And guys, the shop said the finish is blemished. I'm wondering if it isn't the one that got Bubba'd up having sights installed that a member posted about.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  8. #7
    Very Senior Member
    taclore's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2016
    Location : Oklahoma
    Posts : 354
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    The info he posted on Facebook

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Premium Professional
    Cobblestone's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2018
    Location : Oregon Territory
    Posts : 139
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taclore View Post
    Like I told you on Facebook you need more pictures and to tell us if it is MARK or Mark.

    And guys, the shop said the finish is blemished. I'm wondering if it isn't the one that got Bubba'd up having sights installed that a member posted about.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    The damaged one was 23-3019.
    A scammer tried to sell it a few days after the damaged sight post was made.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

  10. #9
    Very Senior Member
    taclore's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2016
    Location : Oklahoma
    Posts : 354
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobblestone View Post
    The damaged one was 23-3019.
    A scammer tried to sell it a few days after the damaged sight post was made.
    Yeah we don't know the serial to this one in question yet. Surely not a coincidence that a shop is trying to sell this blemished one not long after that happened.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Sheepdog in West Texas

    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Location : San Angelo, Tx
    Age : 66
    Posts : 1,210
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Default

    How do you fire 500 rounds but not through the 'factory barrel'? Did it have a aftermarket barrel?

    This one is truly very odd.

    Love to see more about it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •