416C lowers...someone's teasing. - Page 15
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: 416C lowers...someone's teasing.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post
    That's $10k for a not quite correct lower. Pass.

...and don't forget to add $2.5k for the franken-upper.

What is this dude smoking?
    Wow.....haven't been on in a bit due to work/stuff. I agree with you. He's hitting the crack pipe IMHO. Essentially should one purchase, they would be purchasing a clone, just below actual, or real civi 416 prices. Personally, I don't know the guy, but I can look into the crystal ball and see a few things {caveat: some of these things were posed by another member privately, and if he wants to take credit.....it's his. In other words....someone else said it first, and I'm not taking credit.}
    Marketing.....what a hot mess. I mean, where do you start?
    1. Bashing HKPRO members and their comments?...…….publicly. Common man.
    2. "Begin selling" 2 weeks before Christmas???
    3. Price point of a "clone"......that has an extra hole?
    4. Wrong serial prefix??????
    5. Barrels??????
    6. I'll just leave it at that....I could go on, but why bother?

The moral to the story...…..I have a sneaking suspicion that someone will be sitting on some clone lowers, conducting NR GB auctions, re-thinking their marketing strategy or "fire sale"...…"On Sale, today only for $4999.95, plus an additional 50% discount, with FREE clone barrels". In all honesty, this could have gone in a much better direction, and I wish he would have consulted someone prior to "this". It could have been a good thing, but ….oh well. To him.....good luck buddy....sincerely.
    a_minimalist and IsaacL like this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Some people don't seem to realise what the "extra holes" actually mean in terms of how rare these lowers are. As I understand US gun laws, everybody with the appropriate license can buy an HK416 post sample, no big deal. But can you get a 416 post sample with "extra holes"? Honestly, I don't know but I have the feeling that this is not going to happen.

The other possibility to get a 416 marked HK semi lower is of course to buy one of the HK416D SF. These don't even have the much dreaded "extra holes". According to the civilian 416 owners FAQ, they go for only $14k-$27k. But they come with an HK barrel of course. And we all know that HK barrels are cold hammer forged by Thor himself from the blood and tears of Wodans warriors in Valhall.

But what I seriously ask myself, why did it take me, a lowly Swiss peasant and some irrelevant US importer, to get semi HK416 lowers into the US? If it's that easy, why didn't Brownells or any of the well respected and financially strong HK stores/dealers do it before us? Or some well off HK collector? I mean ZIB sold these lowers for about 400€. Then just get the other parts, make a barrel and assemble. Piece of cake, no?

I can understand that some people are disappointed because of the price, fair enough.
    Does this justify to s**t on our work and even go as far as flat out telling lies about the people involved? Not sure about that, these people have to square this with their own conscience.

But no hard feelings, this is the internet and I'm familiar with its dynamics.

PS: For those interested, here's a pic of the eyelets for the "extra holes".

416C lowers...someone's teasing.-photo-2018-12-11-00-24-55.jpg
    trpclfvr likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

To my previous point. The owner should shoot the marketing director. I mean, if people read their IG post, or their FAQ.....wow

The FAQ....I just stopped reading after the first 5 FAQ replies. I mean....with statements like this...……..

https://hurricane-butterfly.net/wp-c...-Published.pdf

I mean, surely this guy was smart enough to circumvent the system, and do what no one else could do. <hat tip> But man....someone is shooting themselves in the foot here. Again, best of luck to you. Hope you pull it off.

As for the post above this???? So you're were part of the import/export?? Congrats, and I think we all get what the third hole's purpose, and no one's "sh$tting" on your hard work.....we're, or I'm just saying take a look at your marketing. Sure....haters are going to hate, and if they can't afford it, it makes it a lot easier to justify. When looking at the marketing comments. I mean the, "Why do we charge an exorbitant price?" with an answer of "Because we can"????? <face palm>
    Last edited by Brad4065; 12-11-2018 at 11:42 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SwissCollector View Post
    Some people don't seem to realise what the "extra holes" actually mean in terms of how rare these lowers are. As I understand US gun laws, everybody with the appropriate license can buy an HK416 post sample, no big deal. But can you get a 416 post sample with "extra holes"? Honestly, I don't know but I have the feeling that this is not going to happen.

The other possibility to get a 416 marked HK semi lower is of course to buy one of the HK416D SF. These don't even have the much dreaded "extra holes". According to the civilian 416 owners FAQ, they go for only $14k-$27k. But they come with an HK barrel of course. And we all know that HK barrels are cold hammer forged by Thor himself from the blood and tears of Wodans warriors in Valhall.

But what I seriously ask myself, why did it take me, a lowly Swiss peasant and some irrelevant US importer, to get semi HK416 lowers into the US? If it's that easy, why didn't Brownells or any of the well respected and financially strong HK stores/dealers do it before us? Or some well off HK collector? I mean ZIB sold these lowers for about 400€. Then just get the other parts, make a barrel and assemble. Piece of cake, no?

I can understand that some people are disappointed because of the price, fair enough.
    Does this justify to s**t on our work and even go as far as flat out telling lies about the people involved? Not sure about that, these people have to square this with their own conscience.

But no hard feelings, this is the internet and I'm familiar with its dynamics.

PS: For those interested, here's a pic of the eyelets for the "extra holes".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PHOTO-2018-12-11-00-24-55.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	220616
    If you truly felt that there were no hard feelings you wouldn’t have felt the need to post this. Just saying. It seems more like you’re trying to justify actions, words, price, whatever.

Also, from what I took away from your HK barrel comment, it seems like you think their barrels aren’t that special. Are the barrels that are a part of these franken clones going to put 60k-70k rounds down range with minimal loss in accuracy? Is that a claim you’re making and will stand behind?

PS- not buying the extra hole makes them extra special and worth even more.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

HK416C is not the same as HK416. An all German HK416C with Swiss Barrel would definitely command a premium, but instead you have HK416C lowers on a clone HK416 upper. What sense does that make?
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hey, price your product at whatever point you can command. No issue there. Everyone is free to buy it or not.

But coming in here to passively/aggressively complain about how people are treating the offering after swinging your ***** around for weeks and alienating the very customer base you're depending on to buy this very niche, premium offering?

Well, you'll have to forgive me while I laugh.....out loud.
    Last edited by stnmikita; 12-11-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

As an aside, if you're dealing with potential customers like this BEFORE these are even available, I can't wait to see how you act if they should all sell out.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    To my previous point. The owner should shoot the marketing director. I mean, if people read their IG post, or their FAQ.....wow

The FAQ....I just stopped reading after the first 5 FAQ replies. I mean....with statements like this...……..

https://hurricane-butterfly.net/wp-c...-Published.pdf

I mean, surely this guy was smart enough to circumvent the system, and do what no one else could do. <hat tip> But man....someone is shooting themselves in the foot here. Again, best of luck to you. Hope you pull it off.

As for the post above this???? So you're were part of the import/export?? Congrats, and I think we all get what the third hole's purpose, and no one's "sh$tting" on your hard work.....we're, or I'm just saying take a look at your marketing. Sure....haters are going to hate, and if they can't afford it, it makes it a lot easier to justify. When looking at the marketing comments. I mean the, "Why do we charge an exorbitant price?" with an answer of "Because we can"????? <face palm>

There was no need to circumvent the system at all. US import regulations are pretty straight forward and how to get this done is really a no-brainer. The problem is something completely unrelated to any US laws and regulations.

I'm not responsible for the FAQ or for the sale of the pistols so I can't really comment on this.
    But honestly, I don't get the massiv b**thurt about the wording. While I understand that it can be interpreted as arrogant etc., I think it was meant more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. Though I can accept that the wording created this impression.

But let's not forget, this is a forum dedicated to guns made by a company who's infamous for exactly this attitude. So to be hypersensitive here is maybe, just maybe, not perfectly honest.

For your viewing pleasure, the eyelets installed on a C lower.

416C lowers...someone's teasing.-photo-2018-12-11-14-17-48.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

After seeing how HKPro members were trashed on Instagram, the FAQ, etc. HBI should be asking themselves who they're marketing these to.

HBI is entitled their opinion and we're entitled to ours. Can't have it both ways. At least here our comments aren't getting deleted...
    @SwissCollector What's your association with HBI?
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    I’m confused by your “extra hole” comments. Only SOTs can buy Post Samples, which is a very limited market. Those post samples have the the third hole (sear hole), meaning they are machine guns. These have a third hole but I’ll bet dollars to donuts that no SOTs are buying these, not when they can by a real deal 416 at a quarter the cost.

If I’m misinterpreting your third hole reference please let me know.

PS - I’m honestly not sure why anyone wants a clone of a failed project. I get the “neat” factor, but no neat factor will gloss over the rediculous price being asked for once again, the clones of a project that failed to launch.
    He’s not talking about the auto sear pin hole, he’s taking about the larger 3rd hole in the C receivers that are there to accommodate the collapsing stock strut holders (eyelets) that he manufactured to replicate the factory German ones.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links