Brownells 416 kits and lowers on sale 11/12 - Page 27
Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Thread: Brownells 416 kits and lowers on sale 11/12

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I’m curious why some of you want to buy a 416 LPK when a AR15 LPK will work perfectly fine? Add $20 for a 416 buffer retainer set up.

The price difference is ridiculous, and there’s no visible or notable preformance difference.

What am I missing?
    HK-91, HK-93, USC/UMP Conversion, SL8, G36C, HK45, HK45C, VP9, P30L, USPC 9mm, DJ Getz 94, Omega MP5SD, Vector 53, Vector 51, Cetme Sporter, C93, C93 Pistol, TD-415 (416 Clone), GSG9 416C clone.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guido02 View Post
    I’m curious why some of you want to buy a 416 LPK when a AR15 LPK will work perfectly fine? Add $20 for a 416 buffer retainer set up.

The price difference is ridiculous, and there’s no visible or notable preformance difference.

What am I missing?
    Thats the route Im going except for buffer retainer pieces and large castle nut (asthetics). Just a guess but Im betting some want as HK as they can get.

Thats how I wanted my G36s.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The price difference is ridiculous, and there’s no visible or notable performance difference.

What am I missing?
    Because it's clone correct. Need I say more? It's the same as asking "why buy a 416 when you can get an upper from [insert company] for less?" Most of us wouldn't be on this forum if we weren't a bit cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Look, I'm not arguing that any mil-spec LPK isn't just as good. Clearly the 416 LPK's were based off of Colt's LPK. They were even manufactured by third party OEM's in the earlier days. Obviously, the Geissele 416 FCG is also clone correct and it's a signification improvement over stock.

The three buffer retention parts are $15. Anyone going a full clone route can afford $15 in parts to do it right. IIRC, the hole is dimensionally different on an 416 (or clone) lower so those parts are recommend, if not outright required.

I would add that the 416 buffer and spring are a lot heavier and, while I have used them in a standard AR-15 lower, the buffer retention pin is pretty puny next it's 416 cousin.
    Dbealmear, Brad4065, N55 and 2 others like this.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think we’re saying the same thing, I agree with using the correct buffer retainer pieces.

But trigger, push pins, mag catch, ect... those are interchangeable with a regular AR LPK correct?

If they are, it seems crazy to spend $300 on a 416 LPK if the only parts that are proprietary are the buffer retainer pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacL View Post

The price difference is ridiculous, and there’s no visible or notable performance difference.

What am I missing?
    Because it's clone correct. Need I say more? It's the same as asking "why buy a 416 when you can get an upper from [insert company] for less?" Most of us wouldn't be on this forum if we weren't a bit cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Look, I'm not arguing that any mil-spec LPK isn't just as good. Clearly the 416 LPK's were based off of Colt's LPK. They were even manufactured by third party OEM's in the earlier days. Obviously, the Geissele 416 FCG is also clone correct and it's a signification improvement over stock.

The three buffer retention parts are $15. Anyone going a full clone route can afford $15 in parts to do it right. IIRC, the hole is dimensionally different on an 416 (or clone) lower so those parts are recommend, if not outright required.

I would add that the 416 buffer and spring are a lot heavier and, while I have used them in a standard AR-15 lower, the buffer retention pin is pretty puny next it's 416 cousin.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I think we’re saying the same thing, I agree with using the correct buffer retainer pieces.

But trigger, push pins, mag catch, ect... those are interchangeable with a regular AR LPK correct?

If they are, it seems crazy to spend $300 on a 416 LPK if the only parts that are proprietary are the buffer retainer pieces.
    Well obviously, some of us on are on a mission from God to collect and concentrate as much German space magic as possible. One cannot serve both God and money.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just an FYI for everyone.

I just spoke with a Brownells CS, they are currently working on orders placed on November 12th, my order was placed November 13th, she said they have approximately 25 orders ahead of mine.

She didn’t have an ETA on when the next batch would arrive from PWS and be shipped. She did however say they are trickling in to them in small batches.
    IsaacL and N55 like this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I ordered mine on the 12th so that's great news. Thanks for sharing!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If that is the pace it looks like it will be 2019 before they get to the black Friday orders.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    If that is the pace it looks like it will be 2019 before they get to the black Friday orders.
    Yeesh. Yeah, I'd be getting into this game way to late to be worthwhile. My 416D parts kit will be here first week of January when I return from holiday.
    Second week of January, I'll just go to the monthly Kansas City gun show and pick up a lower and brace to get up and running.

At some point, Brownells will get sorted, you guys will all have your stuff, and I'll make the move and try to find a someone to mark it up to appear like a real 416.

Or not. Maybe I'll just buy an FNH AR pistol, and run the 416 upper on top of that. HK upper + FNH lower = fire & ice magic.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Glad they answered you Guido....still nothing on my email inquiry.

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links