Brownells 416 kits and lowers on sale 11/12 - Page 37
Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: Brownells 416 kits and lowers on sale 11/12

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post
    Both of these are true 416 lowers. The first is the older font.

Attachment 222962

This is the newer font (matches Justin’s more and the MR556/MR762 font

Attachment 222964

Evidently they changed the font after Ashburn but right before the MR series rifles came out. Some Ashburns have the old font, most have the newer style.
    I really like they bottom one ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2999.00 for an incomplete kit, yet an entire MR556 is 2700-3000.00 on gun broker. Am i the only one who realizes this?

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hordac102 View Post
    2999.00 for an incomplete kit, yet an entire MR556 is 2700-3000.00 on gun broker. Am i the only one who realizes this?
    Differences....and not a wise post to make with 5 post count, however I do note you have been a member since 2017. Makes it seem as though folks are just plain dumb in a somewhat condescending way. Reality is there is a lot of knowledge from very in the know people on this site. Relax, take a look around, and read some. But dont treat folks as if they are just outright dumb asses because it doesn't make since to you. Not intended to be a douche towards you, just dont want the informational thread being jacked with argument.
    Respectfully
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 01-09-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    IsaacL and CharlieDeltaJuliet like this.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

hordac102
    Yes this is a thread about 416 parts & lowers from Brownells which are genuine HK parts minus the lower finishing and barrels being offered (lowers finished by and barrels made by PWS) and the associated things that are being mated up with them. I offer this discussion to you to maybe help:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...ts-future.html
    Respectfully
    Last edited by MSOGDAWG; 01-09-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    CharlieDeltaJuliet likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    Differences....and not a wise post to make with 5 post count, however I do note you have been a member since 2017. Makes it seem as though folks are just plain dumb in a somewhat condescending way. Reality is there is a lot of knowledge from very in the know people on this site. Relax, take a look around, and read some. But dont treat folks as if they are just outright dumb asses because it doesn't make since to you. Not intended to be a douche towards you, just dont want the informational thread being jacked with argument.
    Respectfully
    I for one think hordac102 makes a good point. I understand the concept of "building" your very own gun, as I too enjoy building, but the price for a kit that doesn't include some very essential parts seems a bit excessive especially when compared to buying a complete and actual rifle from HK and making a 416 clone from it.
    IsaacL likes this.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LEEF View Post
    I for one think hordac102 makes a good point. I understand the concept of "building" your very own gun, as I too enjoy building, but the price for a kit that doesn't include some very essential parts seems a bit excessive especially when compared to buying a complete and actual rifle from HK and making a 416 clone from it.
    Fair enough and to each his own my friend
    LEEF likes this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

@hordac102
    An MR556 is not the same as an 416. I understand comparing the Brownells parts kit to a complete 416 upper, but comparing it to an MR556 makes no sense. If you rather buy an MR, break a leg. There are plenty of other threads discussing that rifle. Yes, you aren't getting a real 416 barrel/bolt with the Brownells kits, but you are getting a lot of other expensive and difficult to source 416 parts.

If that was the point hordac102 was trying to make, why not compare it to the variety of complete 416 uppers that have sold for $2400-3000 recently? Personally, it sounded like another "why buy a 416 for X when you can get rifle Y for Z?" Just my .02
    LEEF likes this.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

What point is that, exactly? That an MR556 is similar to a 416? Well, they are both similar to a run-of-the-mill $700 AR to a lot of people. A lot of guys will tell you that paying for a short-stroke piston upper is foolish to begin with, let alone the premium anything marked HK gets. Others will point to their single Ruger Mini-14 with a confident "this is all I need" grin. Others, that they would rather have a room full of AKs or low-end ARs than a few HKs. The first guy is delusional, because he thinks a crap rifle is going to work out if he ever actually needs it. The second guy is delusional thinking he needs a crate of identical weapons to hand out to people when the zombies come.

Me? I am building a 416 as close to spec as I can because -- I collect HK and I don't have one yet. I'm delusional too, given my superstitious belief in Kraut space magic; but I don't think others are silly for their delusions. I try very hard to make sure my delusion is the silliest possible.

Cheers.
    IsaacL likes this.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, P8, 2x P8A1, USP9
    Future: Done, until HK comes out with something new & nifty. Might start building an FNH collection.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    I'm delusional too, given my superstitious belief in Kraut space magic.
    Oh you aren’t delusional. It’s definitely Kraut space magic. Can’t you feel the power of a thousand generations of barbarians when you pick up an HK?
    HK-91, HK-93, USC/UMP Conversion, SL8, G36C, HK45, HK45C, VP9, P30L, USPC 9mm, DJ Getz 94, Omega MP5SD, Vector 53, Vector 51, Cetme Sporter, C93, C93 Pistol, TD-415 (416 Clone), GSG9 416C clone.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guido02 View Post
    Oh you aren’t delusional. It’s definitely Kraut space magic. Can’t you feel the power of a thousand generations of barbarians when you pick up an HK?
    I can...

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links