What a SCREAMING DEAL - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What a SCREAMING DEAL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Although I like 40, I doubt 9mm will ever have a shortage because it is almost a worldwide caliber. 40 was available all the time because of police population but not any more.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I honestly do think .40 S&W is, if not dead, going to be reduced to more of a niche caliber. With law enforcement dumping it in droves and the consumer market never really warming to it, you'll continue to see Police turn in .40 S&W guns going for bargain prices.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I suspect that when you see ammo LIKE THIS Federal TSJ 205gr 40 cal - you might change your mind

It's showing 45 ACP type ballistics. BIG SLOW MOVING HEAVY BULLET - it leaves at 830 FPS and at 100Y it's down to 719 fps

pretty similar to some 45 ACP specs. Check the link below and it shows FPS and other info

https://www.federalpremium.com/produ...stol/ae40sjap1

Oh, and the TSJ part? Total Synthetic Jacket - so no lead or copper fouling build up - and it's orange in color, reminding me of the blue NYCLAD rounds, which were nylon covered hollow points or solid round nose. But this round reminds me of the Nyclad.

Just as heavy 9mm may replace 40, HEAVY 40 could do the same for 45 ACP - or not. You never know who will 'latch on' to a given round and then it becomes popular (in this case, popular AGAIN).

They also make a 150gr 9mm TSJ that is supposed to be Subsonic as well.
    https://www.federalpremium.com/produ...istol/ae9sjap1

Again,very similar specs to an 45ACP, except bullet weight is not above 200gr
    Starts out at 870 FPS and at 100Y it's down to 750FPS...
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wallew View Post
    I suspect that when you see ammo LIKE THIS Federal TSJ 205gr 40 cal - you might change your mind

It's showing 45 ACP type ballistics. BIG SLOW MOVING HEAVY BULLET - it leaves at 830 FPS and at 100Y it's down to 719 fps

pretty similar to some 45 ACP specs. Check the link below and it shows FPS and other info

https://www.federalpremium.com/produ...stol/ae40sjap1

Oh, and the TSJ part? Total Synthetic Jacket - so no lead or copper fouling build up - and it's orange in color, reminding me of the blue NYCLAD rounds, which were nylon covered hollow points or solid round nose. But this round reminds me of the Nyclad.

Just as heavy 9mm may replace 40, HEAVY 40 could do the same for 45 ACP - or not. You never know who will 'latch on' to a given round and then it becomes popular (in this case, popular AGAIN).

They also make a 150gr 9mm TSJ that is supposed to be Subsonic as well.
    https://www.federalpremium.com/produ...istol/ae9sjap1

Again,very similar specs to an 45ACP, except bullet weight is not above 200gr
    Starts out at 870 FPS and at 100Y it's down to 750FPS...
    This seems to be a competition round and not something for self defense though....

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

A 205 gr 40 caliber bullet moving at 720 fps will most likely knock a bad guy out of his NIKES...

just sayin it is very close to 45 ACP and I'm pretty sure it's specs will give similar performance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links