If you have the means............Heckler & Koch Mk23 BMI stamp Test Weapon RARE!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: If you have the means............Heckler & Koch Mk23 BMI stamp Test Weapon RARE!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default If you have the means............Heckler & Koch Mk23 BMI stamp Test Weapon RARE!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/800383066

Not affiliated

Interesting pistol
    Lamont likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would love to see that documentation prior to spending 18K on a piece of this caliber. Kind of odd that seller would only provide After you spend 18K. Also, I would think that if this pistol first went to the German Government, it would have the BMI (the so-called "bat wing stamp") placed closer beside the serial number. Looks like this had the commercial- nitro, antler, and date code placed originally (in the same position of all MK23 of that era) first and then sent to the government where stamped. Looks like a totally different gun then that of the Moll collection piece. Just my thoughts.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Interesting choice of screen name.....Is that you again Txx?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody1 View Post
    Would love to see that documentation prior to spending 18K on a piece of this caliber. Kind of odd that seller would only provide After you spend 18K.
    I've actually already addressed this.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-heads...roker-18k.html

Post #9

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    The information/documentation is personal in nature, named to the owner who is in management at H&K. That information/documentation is part of what a buyer is paying for, do I give/show it to satisfy the curiosity of every tire kicker out there, so that the whole world knows the business of not only the original owner, but of the buyer as well? No I don't.
    Also, I would think that if this pistol first went to the German Government, it would have the BMI (the so-called "bat wing stamp") placed closer beside the serial number. Looks like this had the commercial- nitro, antler, and date code placed originally (in the same position of all MK23 of that era) first and then sent to the government where stamped. Looks like a totally different gun then that of the Moll collection piece. Just my thoughts.
    What I find "interesting" is that you seemingly just got here, only became a member a couple weeks ago, with 2 posts including this one, yet appear to have familiarity with the Moll collection. What you've tried to do here is cast doubt on the legitimacy of the piece without actually coming out and saying it. But riddle me this, why is it somehow beyond the realm of possibility that HK takes an example of a gun already in production and sends it to the BMI? You seem to think that it would somehow be, "grab a gun with nothing but a serial number on it and send it to them" LOL. So, please don't use the words "thinking" or "thoughts" to describe what is is that you do. "Uninformed speculation" would be a better choice of words.
    Last edited by Lamont; 04-16-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    Brad4065 likes this.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

it's definitely an authentic uber rare BMI mark 23 if anyone have doubts...good luck with the sale lamont.
    Lamont likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lamont, I take it that this is your piece? I have seen numerous posts regarding this piece posted here lately and figured I would shed some light on the subject. Figured some might want to know if spending 18K on a piece. The Moll collection was sold a few years back. Public knowledge, as a book of his HK collection "Raritäten" was published. There is a BMI marked MK23 pictured on page 129 (picture included in auction). The text has been left out, translates to: "The Mark 23, a test weapon for the German Federal Armed Forces. SIX copies were procured, but afterwards the German Federal Armed Forces refrained from any additional calibers. Here is the number 23-5880." So, this must be one of the 6. However, serial number is roughly 2000 after the Moll pistol and is marked completely different. BMI or batwing marked guns such as the P8, P7, P7M8, P7M13, USPC, and such lack the commercial markings and typical date code. Perhaps a Mueller redaction on that documentation would help.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The case is really cool too might I add. Nice piece Lamont!
    Lamont likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Lamont, I take it that this is your piece? I have seen numerous posts regarding this piece posted here lately
    Dude, you're pathetic, the impression you attempt to give that this is new information to you is contradicted by your own words......

and figured I would shed some light on the subject.
    You should have picked "lightshedder" for a screen name, since you appear to have opened this "nobody" account for the express purpose of commenting on this matter.

Figured some might want to know if spending 18K on a piece.
    I promise you that anyone who collects "uber-rare" H&K already knows what's in the public venue. You're not enlightening anyone. But how generous of you to spend your time to try, on their behalf....

The text has been left out, translates to: "The Mark 23, a test weapon for the German Federal Armed Forces. SIX copies were procured, but afterwards the German Federal Armed Forces refrained from any additional calibers. Here is the number 23-5880." So, this must be one of the 6. However, serial number is roughly 2000 after the Moll pistol.
    Ah yes, highly suspicious, that I left that out.... It's irrelevant, this is NOT one of the six, those 6 referenced are sequential serial numbers. But you didn't know that, since all you know is what you read in books. And the serial of the one I have listed is NOT 2000 after the Moll pistol pictured, it's roughly 2000 EARLIER. Good thing no one is depending on you for enlightenment.....earlier, later, what's the difference? LOL.

or batwing marked guns such as the P8, P7, P7M8, P7M13, USPC, and such lack the commercial markings and typical date code.
    Guns that are part of contracts of course lack those markings. This one wasn't. And if you were as smart as you apparently believe yourself to be, you'd be able to figure out WHY. Here's a "hint", the Moll gun is BW marked in addition to the BMI stampel.

Perhaps a Mueller redaction on that documentation would help.
    Already answered, but here it is again. "No". Confidentiality of the information (and specifically NOT posting it on GB or HKPro) was a condition of sale to an American, ie. me. Now, what someone who buys it does with that, I can't control, but in the meantime, I will be living up to my word. The person who buys this gun won't care that I didn't satisfy every curiosity seeker on the web.

EDIT: To be more clear about this last point, without the promise of not publishing the provenance, it would not have been provided to me along with the gun.
    Last edited by Lamont; 04-16-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiction View Post
    it's definitely an authentic uber rare BMI mark 23 if anyone have doubts...good luck with the sale lamont.
    I'll second that. It's a very rare gun with an appropriate price, all things considered.

Let's just look up what the last BMI MK23 sold for as a reference point...
    Lamont, AGG and audiction like this.
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    Dude, you're pathetic, the impression you attempt to give that this is new information to you is contradicted by your own words......

You should have picked "lightshedder" for a screen name, since you appear to have opened this "nobody" account for the express purpose of commenting on this matter.

I promise you that anyone who collects "uber-rare" H&K already knows what's in the public venue. You're not enlightening anyone. But how generous of you to spend your time to try, on their behalf....

Ah yes, highly suspicious, that I left that out.... It's irrelevant, this is NOT one of the six, those 6 referenced are sequential serial numbers. But you didn't know that, since all you know is what you read in books. And the serial of the one I have listed is NOT 2000 after the Moll pistol pictured, it's roughly 2000 EARLIER. Good thing no one is depending on you for enlightenment.....earlier, later, what's the difference? LOL.

Guns that are part of contracts of course lack those markings. This one wasn't. And if you were as smart as you apparently believe yourself to be, you'd be able to figure out WHY. Here's a "hint", the Moll gun is BW marked in addition to the BMI stampel.

Already answered, but here it is again. "No". Confidentiality of the information (and specifically NOT posting it on GB or HKPro) was a condition of sale to an American, ie. me. Now, what someone who buys it does with that, I can't control, but in the meantime, I will be living up to my word. The person who buys this gun won't care that I didn't satisfy every curiosity seeker on the web.

EDIT: To be more clear about this last point, without the promise of not publishing the provenance, it would not have been provided to me along with the gun.
    Can I get an Amen on this?

Sorry.... @admin on this? I smell troll....not Moll.
    Lamont and AGG like this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Can I get an Amen on this?

Sorry.... @admin on this? I smell troll....not Moll.
    I smell Txx.....or someone he put up to it. More to come on that later.
    Brad4065 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links