HKPRO Forums banner

MP5 .22lr Conversion on GB

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  SudS 
#1 ·
Search "MP5 .22"

You don't see these often so I was comparing the pictures to mine. I didn't realize that:

"Less then 200 ever produced, only 75 kits were ever imported into the United States. Serial #1002. Dated 9/1977 with German BMI Batman Hallmark Stamping."

My unit, M1014, is also marked "HK 9/77" but does not have the BMI stamping. Also, for those of you who may be tempted to jump into that bidding war, know that the barrel is about 2 inches shorter than the one my kit has (OAL of 9 inches).

My kit runs well (full-auto and suppressed) though doesn't see much use. I know a few of us were on another thread where we were discussing the possibility of using 3D printers to fabricate the plastic "sleeve" so as to make additional magazines utilizing 270 mags. Didn't seem to go anywhere but a great idea. I love collecting these kits and have the 5 original versions as well as a 51 and 51k:)

#8 ·
I really wanna know what ole Chris did to ya....I have never met him personally and only talked to him OTP a few times.
I have heard many interesting stories about him though, the most recent about a batch of mp5k pdw barrels.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.