416 stuff - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 416 stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It says it is a first gen. What is the difference between the first gen and the latest version?

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raycao88124 View Post
    It says it is a first gen. What is the difference between the first gen and the latest version?
    You guys in the know....Please correct me if Im wrong, Im still learning, but....I believe that the 1st gen have parts that are more M4ish. Ejection port cover (metal) and alot of the internals used in the lowers were from another company not HK made. Serial numbers on uppers were etched on bottom of the upper (right side towards the rear) maybe elsewhere that I dont know about and markings arent present on the left side of upper (date code, etc).
    IsaacL likes this.
    UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS 0311/8152 - TX AIR GUARD SECURITY FORCES CATM
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    You guys in the know....Please correct me if Im wrong, Im still learning, but....I believe that the 1st gen have parts that are more M4ish. Ejection port cover (metal) and alot of the internals used in the lowers were from another company not HK made. Serial numbers on uppers were etched on bottom of the upper (right side towards the rear) maybe elsewhere that I dont know about and markings arent present on the left side of upper (date code, etc).
    Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSOGDAWG View Post
    Correct. The seller clearly has no idea what he's talking about. Those BE uppers are not "1st Gen". I'd hope an OG would never sell for $6-7K...smh

Correct designations below:

Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    -HK416 (no firing pin spring or firing pin safety)

-HK416A1 (firing pin spring and firing pin safety introduced, only left side receiver recess for charging handle)

-HK416A2 (Over The Beach (OTB) barrels)

-HK416A3 (otherwise known as the Norwegian variant, captive cotter pin on bolt carrier to prevent its loss in the field, safety engagement regardless of the hammer position, protective bridge over the disconnector and a unique to that country's weapon gas regulator and taller flip up sights for use with their top mounted laser designator)

-HK416A4

-HK416A5
    -HK416A7 (latest version)

There are, of course, other variants (e.g. HK416D, HK416SF, HK416F, HK416C, etc.) but that's largely irrelevant.
    Last edited by IsaacL; 06-15-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    raycao88124 likes this.
    On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@IsaacL ...please check your inbox. I want to send you a PM but your inbox is full. Thx

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

@TallPine cleared out some messages. Go ahead when ready...
    Last edited by IsaacL; 07-05-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links