HK94 on gunbroker
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: HK94 on gunbroker

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Default HK94 on gunbroker

I actually was the high bidder until the last hour on this due to a new user with NR for feedback... then of course is was relisted:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/820321458

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Shill bidder?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Shill bidder?
    I emailed the seller asking about that to see if he'd let me get it, but have yet to receive a response.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Common tactic. List something at no reserve, low starting bid to garner attention and then if it's not where you want it to be towards the end of the auction sign in with a bogus account and start bidding it up.

Gunbroker was once a pretty decent site to buy stuff...now it's going down the tubes. They need to start looking into IP addresses to stop shenanigans like that, but the truth probably is that they don't care since it works much of the time and they get a bigger slice of a bigger pie.
    D9M9TR9S likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    Common tactic. List something at no reserve, low starting bid to garner attention and then if it's not where you want it to be towards the end of the auction sign in with a bogus account and start bidding it up.

Gunbroker was once a pretty decent site to buy stuff...now it's going down the tubes. They need to start looking into IP addresses to stop shenanigans like that, but the truth probably is that they don't care since it works much of the time and they get a bigger slice of a bigger pie.

Yeah that's what I figured as well. Its sad to see how things like this are happening on gunbroker. I hope it doesn't go down as bad as Armslist and their scam infested site.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Ask seller why Relisted so Quick? Seller got someone/himself to shill bid when he realized not gonna sell for what he wanted. Report him to GB wont do much good but worth a try
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That's not always the case, but it's probably not too uncommon of a tactic for shady sellers. I've had a couple NR bidders on my auctions that ended up winning, I was always a little nervous but they all ended up paying in the end.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Ask seller why Relisted so Quick? Seller got someone/himself to shill bid when he realized not gonna sell for what he wanted. Report him to GB wont do much good but worth a try
    I did that and even asked if he had a reserve that he was trying to meet for it. The "winning" NR bidder's account was created on 06/18/2019. :-P

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I had the same thing happen to me with a Winchester varmint rifle. There were no bids until the last 15 minutes by "NR" individual. I was going to play that game, and what do you know, it was relisted about two weeks later. I have since been away from Gunbroker due this kind of BS.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Get your screen shots, bid again, then sit back and watch what happens. If it happens again send all the info in and you have a pattern of behavior. If it doesnt you get the peice yiu want at the same price you bid the first time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links