MP5K with DLO pack on Sturm modified for three round burst - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: MP5K with DLO pack on Sturm modified for three round burst

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yeah when you break it down you're right. If the host was $8-$10k and the DLO upwards of $40k, he's right there in the ballpark. Frank did have a DLO pack a month ago he was offering at $38,495. I don't think it made it to his site, its what he offered in an email. I guess he must have sold it for or near that.
    caf82313 likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    It sounds like he has gotten an SEF pack to fit in a burst housing. He is not using the clearest terminology, which confuses things. He refers to a "pack" which is really the housing. I think most people refer to a pack as the frame with it's internals.
    Agreed--- nice and succinct!!!

Tony

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Wait….can you take a DLO, and modify it to 3 round burst, AFTER 1986?????

I didn't think that was in the cards.
    Not sure if anyone has ever actually asked the atf if its ok but yea people have done it. I'm not going to name who did this but I've seen one that a well know smith royally ****ed up as I've seen the video another smith took measuring it and comparing it to a factory burst grouping.

The problem here is that the picture shows a dlo pack shown in its stock forum where it would have had to be modified to take the burst parts. The question comes up as why why an old picture vs showing how its configured now. Its just a giant red flag to say here are pics of what I have that don't line up with what they claim to have.

Gotta laugh at that idiot eMGunslinger for trying to call people out saying the "experts" haven't seen a sef pack modified when the pack in the picture hasn't been. After that BS with the briefcase though I don't know why anyone would use/trust him.

Edit: Poster said they are going to get better pictures but it still is a red flag how it was posted. Also for 50 grand who wouldn't want to see how the modification was done(considering the shop in question isn't well known), details on the gun, etc. I mean is the gun a sp5k, sp89 or a clone? Who did the conversion, is the carrier a rewelded semi or a full auto, who made the barrel, etc. A sp89 with a real hk 3lug barrel is going to be a few thousand more than a sp5k with an aftermarket one. If its one of the sp89's that HK themselves installed the barrel in and its documented then its worth even more.
    Last edited by ccosby; 08-16-2019 at 12:43 AM.
    caf82313 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I zoomed in on the barrel to see if it has a short thread protector that is typical of clone barrels; I'm thinking clone. And for God's sake, take a better picture will ya? *&^%ing grainy picture that looks like it was taken with a low-res digital camera circa early 90s.

MP5K with DLO pack on Sturm modified for three round burst-mp5k-n_maybe.jpg MP5K with DLO pack on Sturm modified for three round burst-img_3855.jpg

I'd be curious if this guy ever comes back with pictures of the so-called DLO burst pack. Probably a real burst pack that has DLO markings and I call BS that Doug ever got his hands on any burst pack housings/packs before May 86; the first burst pack I ever saw was in the early 90s. I'm pretty sure most of us can tell a real burst pack in about two seconds; or should I say quickly identify two unique features only real burst packs have, visible on either side...
    Anopstyx, AGG and caf82313 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That sold way quicker than I thought it would at that price point
    caf82313 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
    That sold way quicker than I thought it would at that price point
    WoW Sky was raised a notch or two @Brad4065
    Brad4065 likes this.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    WoW Sky was raised a notch or two @Brad4065
    !!!

Nah...…"chicken little.....the sky is falling....the sky is falling!!!!"
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Woah! $50K for grainy picture of perhaps a clone and some pics of a DLO SEF housing that may have been pulled off this site or elsewhere on the internet? And the seller never came back with pics of the DLO 'burst pack'; figures. Nobody saw that coming... Either that, he just said SPF to shut down his scam. I pray that someone just didn't get hosed. And what is up with that Colonel rank insignia for someone that just signed up on Sturm four days ago and only has 7 posts; seriously?

Anyway, congrats to the buyer.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That user had a thread about that same setup about 5 years ago. I think it was 40k at that time but decided not to sale.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tobrooksto View Post
    That user had a thread about that same setup about 5 years ago. I think it was 40k at that time but decided not to sale.
    "Sell".....just sayin.
    Tobrooksto likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links