Like Tree13Likes

Thread: HK53 registered sear gun broker semi low buy it now

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
    yes you can but I think it is a form one in state
    Form 1?

I was thinking an in-state (Florida) buyer would still just do one form but it would be a Form4 from that selling dealer to themselves. This would still delay the SBR tax stamp indefinitely. As a side note, if the buyer was in state (Florida), they would also pay 7% sales tax per the auction details, about $2,100. But as Ruben is fond of saying, the buyer should gladly pay it to the beautiful and great state of FL to keep it such. yada yada yada

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    Couldn't the whole package transfer on one Form3, and only pay the one stamp to get it on a F4 in his name/state? If this package was a keeper for the Buyer he could wait to divorce sear and delay the SBR stamp process. Maybe wait (in vein) for that Hearing Protection/SBR Law to get enacted and avoid that 2nd SBR stamp altogether.lol.
    Without more details on the SBR hard to know. If it was originally built as a SBR once a rifle always a rifle right? If built as a pistol could remove from registry.........
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    Without more details on the SBR hard to know. If it was originally built as a SBR once a rifle always a rifle right? If built as a pistol could remove from registry.........
    You are technically right we don't know how it was assembled but I just assumed since the ad said it would go out on "a Form3" I just assumed he meant one Form3. That would fit my understanding of these type situations....where back in the day it wasn't uncommon for a builder to make a short barreled machine gun out of a 16" semi auto rifle but at the same time incorporate (not marry) a registered sear to it so that it would bypass the need for the SBR stamp since it was built as a machine gun (no such thing as a short barrel rifle when its a MG). I thought those type Form4's for the registered sear would have the additional description saying the sear was installed into a rifle and list the rifle s/n. So now you have both on a Form4 so to speak and they both could be transferred around as one unit. And whenever someone along the line wanted to divorce the registered sear from the gun, that is when you would have to file the Form 1 for the SBR host gun.

Never done it myself but that is what was explained to me by someone on Sturm a few years back who had a nice HK33k with a Flemming sear in it I was contemplating. He had one Form4 with that rifle description info on it and he bought it that way as a one stamp package. Someone please correct me if I have something wrong about such a process.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TallPine View Post
    You are technically right we don't know how it was assembled but I just assumed since the ad said it would go out on "a Form3" I just assumed he meant one Form3. That would fit my understanding of these type situations....where back in the day it wasn't uncommon for a builder to make a short barreled machine gun out of a 16" semi auto rifle but at the same time incorporate (not marry) a registered sear to it so that it would bypass the need for the SBR stamp since it was built as a machine gun (no such thing as a short barrel rifle when its a MG). I thought those type Form4's for the registered sear would have the additional description saying the sear was installed into a rifle and list the rifle s/n. So now you have both on a Form4 so to speak and they both could be transferred around as one unit. And whenever someone along the line wanted to divorce the registered sear from the gun, that is when you would have to file the Form 1 for the SBR host gun.

Never done it myself but that is what was explained to me by someone on Sturm a few years back who had a nice HK33k with a Flemming sear in it I was contemplating. He had one Form4 with that rifle description info on it and he bought it that way as a one stamp package. Someone please correct me if I have something wrong about such a process.
    The way I was reading his listing was Sear is on a Form 3 and the SBR/Gun was on a Form 4 maybe I read it wrong...........I have since found out Seller has dealt with a friend of mine in past, seller is older Gentleman who might not be real tech savy as far as pics descriptions etc.......

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

My last Form 4 cleared just a skin under 11 months back in June; time seemed to stand still during that wait time. If at same ATF approval time rate, this 53 wait time would be 11 months and then another 11 months after that to get your hands on a divorced sear. Oops, forgot to add the Dealer-to-Dealer Form 3 Transfer time (too) that would be on top of the 22 months for a divorced sear. But during that time, I wonder how much that divorced sear will be worth in two years from now; especially in the current social/political climate these days. Ugh (teeth grinding/eyes rolling)

But still, a divorced/unmarried Fleming sear (IMHO) is far more versatile than any other form of NFA transferable HK 'happy switch' device...

HK53 registered sear gun broker semi low buy it now-img_0928.1.jpg
    FearlessLeader likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Please drop already I'm looking for a pack

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

Here is seller response to my questions lol

"The gun was built and registered by Fleming on a Form 3. The owner was a dealer and gave up his license. It will now leave here on a Form 4"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

"The gun was built and registered by Fleming on a Form 3. The owner was a dealer and gave up his license. It will now leave here on a Form 4"
    Well that was clear as mud. Hmmmm….with a reply like that, should I drop $30K???? {caveat: that was sarcasm}
    FearlessLeader and caf82313 like this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

He told me basically the same thing when I spoke to him on the phone today.

Also that the form lists the host 93 serial # that the 53 was manufactured from as the machinegun.
    Nowhere is a Fleming sear or machinegun sear mentioned on the form (and he has to get back to everyone that has inquired if the sear itself is serialized or not).
    He also confirmed that this will leave FL on a single form 4.

This is going to take along time to get to its ultimate purchaser much less their dealer, and the more I hear about it, the more it sounds like a clip on RR conversion.
    Last edited by flybynt; 08-17-2019 at 05:24 AM.
    Brad4065 and caf82313 like this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    He told me basically the same thing when I spoke to him on the phone today.

Also that the form lists the host 93 serial # that the 53 was manufactured from as the machinegun.
    Nowhere is a Fleming sear or machinegun sear mentioned on the form (and he has to get back to everyone that has inquired if the sear itself is serialized or not).
    He also confirmed that this will leave FL on a single form 4.

This is going to take along time to get to its ultimate purchaser much less their dealer, and the more I hear about it, the more it sounds like a clip on RR conversion.
    "0-1-A" trigger pack housing--- I keep tellin' y'all!!!

Tony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links