SOCOM Slide - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: SOCOM Slide

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

$5K buys a lot of 45 ammo and training -- all of which will make you a much better shooter than writing on a slide.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

There are two blemishes on this Slide. I contacted the seller for brighter pictures and I saw the blemishes. Not worth it for me.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miacovet View Post
    There are two blemishes on this Slide. I contacted the seller for brighter pictures and I saw the blemishes. Not worth it for me.
    Where are the blemishes? Can’t see them. Photos?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    If folks in the market for US SOCOMs averaged $15,000 a year annual income, do you think those slides would sell for $5k?

Everything in the HK world is expensive, because HKs are expensive. If you're buying an $800 USP instead of a $400 glock, you're already selecting for higher-income people for whom a $400 price difference doesn't matter to them. Add rarity & cool factor of some markings, and prices get wild.

Blast an Mk23 slide.. removes the serials and get a finish put on that is superior to the "maritime" finish.. and all clocks in at much less of a price. But it doesn't have the "correct" markings. Lets be honest, that's what we're paying for, really with these things.

And Hey - I'm not trying to crap on the slide - not at all. Like I said, I wouldn't mind having one. And I get the OCD factor of wanting the markings "correct" -- paid a lot of dough for a rewelded G36 with real markings and all German parts. Could have saved a bunch by converting a SL8. Or building a T36.

i totally get what you're saying in regards to the OCD factor of it having the "correct" markings but for collectors like me sometimes you're just happy with what is available to you. HK made these as part kits for the actual USSOCOM pistol so obviously they didn't put the serials on them. you can actually send this slide and your receiver to HK germany and they will make you an all matching USSOCOM complete pistol with matching numbers if you are really hardcore about being "correct".
    Last edited by audiction; 10-01-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by romeo_alpha01 View Post
    Where are the blemishes? Can’t see them. Photos?
    202 297 9571

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Sure looks like an oring’d barrel in the photos. I do notice the barrel has a circular marking on the bottom right corner or the hood. Anyone have any idea what that mark is? My spare barrel has no such marking.
    B” in circle on military barrels and frames:

a) proof marking (“acceptance stamp”)- identifies part as mil-spec (i.e., confirmed by testing as meeting U.S. military specification per the task order, as agreed upon in the terms of the contract award)
    b) bin marking- assists supply-side personnel to quickly identify the part as for the mil-spec pistol (MK23) and as a replacement part

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL903TX View Post
    Hey Tony do you know why the military had their USSOCOM made to these specifications? Only thing I can think of is fore reliability purposes? Why tighter chamber? Maybe for better ballistics as tighter chamber would create more pressure causing higher velocity? And as far as them taking the o ring off if I had to guess it would make the pistol more reliable?
    Reliable feeding with the military ball .45 FMJ ammunition, and the +P 185 grain JHP rounds!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Sure looks like an oring’d barrel in the photos. I do notice the barrel has a circular marking on the bottom right corner or the hood. Anyone have any idea what that mark is? My spare barrel has no such marking.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetnspector View Post
    @AGG , no o-ring? You sure about that?
    Allow me to rephrase--- the actual O-ring did not come with the 40 kits--- the O-ring cutout is there!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jetnspector View Post
    @AGG , no o-ring? You sure about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miacovet View Post
    There are many imperfections!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiction View Post
    i totally get what you're saying in regards to the OCD factor of it having the "correct" markings but for collectors like me sometimes you're just happy with what is available to you. HK made these as part kits for the actual USSOCOM pistol so obviously they didn't put the serials on them. you can actually send this slide and your receiver to HK germany and they will make you an all matching USSOCOM complete pistol with matching numbers if you are really hardcore about being "correct".
    This is true--- I have seen a few examples--- nice work!!!

Tony
    audiction likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links