HK91 in Desert Camo - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: HK91 in Desert Camo

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Very plausible--- the Saudi's did use the "G3"--- though in semi-automatic, these camo HK91's could have been used for "demonstration" of the camo pattern and/or for "training" purposes for new soldiers to acclimate to the G3!!!

Tony
    Yeah, I don't know about that. What would be the advantage of training new soldiers on an HK91? And why order a camo pattern for training rifles? Why not just order G3s with the camo pattern? Then again, expecting governments to act logically is an irrational position.. so maybe that is all a thing.

Equally so, I could see HK having made a batch as an experiment, and when they didn't sell simply discount them to get them to move.
    Own: HK91, SR9, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Yeah, I don't know about that. What would be the advantage of training new soldiers on an HK91? And why order a camo pattern for training rifles? Why not just order G3s with the camo pattern? Then again, expecting governments to act logically is an irrational position.. so maybe that is all a thing.

Equally so, I could see HK having made a batch as an experiment, and when they didn't sell simply discount them to get them to move.
    Maybe their version of a .22 trainer!!!

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    OK fair -- it sure is strange. But on the other hand, its hard to imagine that the Saudis wouldn't just order G3s.
    Who knows? As suggested, maybe HK used these guns to try and sell the Saudi’s and others this paint pattern? This wasn’t a new paint pattern to HK, it was used on the GR series.

HK91 in Desert Camo-4e98ef24-fac8-40e9-8d9a-eb11b9ca5e0b.jpeg

https://www.hkpro.com/index.php?opti...ifles&Itemid=5

Maybe they had left over stock sets and mags so they built complete guns? I have no clue. The gun public thought they were ugly then, as they do now. I just can’t imagine some guy in marketing thought it would be great to make this limited run, with all the effort to paint a multiple color pattern on the gun and mags, then sell them for $100 less than a black gun (a sizable discount back then). Trouble is, all the HK employees I knew from back then, are all dead, except maybe Wayne Weber who has moved on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Do you guys really think that was done at the factory, or by a contractor as part of an HK contract? It's damned hideous IMHO, poorly executed. Reminds me of the hand-painted camo jobs you would see on Rhodesia era FALs.

I'll bet the high bidder owns a Porsche Panamera, those are expensive and fugly too.
    Mrs. Peel, we're needed.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinsdale Piranha View Post
    Do you guys really think that was done at the factory, or by a contractor as part of an HK contract? It's damned hideous IMHO, poorly executed. Reminds me of the hand-painted camo jobs you would see on Rhodesia era FALs.

I'll bet the high bidder owns a Porsche Panamera, those are expensive and fugly too.
    Hard for me to believe HK sent some of their rarest prototypes out to a sub to be painted (see link in my post above). Maybe they look so bad because they did paint them...other than black perhaps not their strength?

mp
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pretty sure the subcontractor that did the paint jobs had been tracked down to a now defunct shop out of Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dinsdale Piranha likes this.
    RLTW!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links