Some not super common MKE 93 clones on GB
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Some not super common MKE 93 clones on GB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Some not super common MKE 93 clones on GB

No affiliation, wrong time for me to want to throw my hat in, but something I keep an eye out for:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856116285 Pistol

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/856116757 Rifle
    jimmydfw and Glockdude1 like this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What's the story on those mags? I'm kind of liking the rifle, but it will likely break $2k.
    Last edited by esh21167; 02-13-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    What's the story on those mags? I'm kind of liking the rifle, but it will likely break $2k.
    Mags are MKE 30rd polymers. They have lugs on their sides that enable them to couple with each other. They’ve held up pretty well, for me at least. I’ve had no issues with mine.

https://zenithfirearms.com/product/m...ymer-magazine/

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    mke 30rd polymer mags as mentioned.

there is a "nipple" the guy mentions in the magwell as part of the import requirement, basically a form of single stack/low cap conversion for import that is bypassed by cutting the groove you see in the magazines he includes in the auction.

you could probably remove the nipple from the magwell with no legal ramifications depending on your local laws but it'd be modifying one of a handful of rifle versions of a firearm whose importation (MKE mfg at least) in the USA wasn't common to begin with and may or may not remove collector value.

edited to add, the pistol version does not have that nipple as there aren't import restrictions.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Double push pins. A nice set to have.
    PTR 91 A3R
    PTR 51P PDW
    PTR C93
    BPP 94

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eliporter View Post
    mke 30rd polymer mags as mentioned.

there is a "nipple" the guy mentions in the magwell as part of the import requirement, basically a form of single stack/low cap conversion for import that is bypassed by cutting the groove you see in the magazines he includes in the auction.

you could probably remove the nipple from the magwell with no legal ramifications depending on your local laws but it'd be modifying one of a handful of rifle versions of a firearm whose importation (MKE mfg at least) in the USA wasn't common to begin with and may or may not remove collector value.

edited to add, the pistol version does not have that nipple as there aren't import restrictions.
    Hmm. So with that nipple, no standard HK mags. More of an investment type firearm than a shooter. I'll live with my cheap PTR...

If the pistol was SBR'd, would that 'clone' any actual HK model rifle? Though it's getting expensive also, and more of a collector's item.
    Last edited by esh21167; 02-13-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

if you were inclined to shoot the rifle version you could always modify mags just the same as those if you wanted additional, they'd work in both that one and a "normal" 93 pattern receiver magwell.

i have a mke/zenith but its a mp5k type pistol, not either of these. i think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks PTR is better in quality than a MKE build made on german tooling setup by german engineers to make german guns in turkey as a licensed HK copy for their military and more recently this semi auto market. someone else might be able to elaborate in better/more informative wording but that's the gist of it. it comes down to what you, as the purchaser, want from the money you work for to purchase. to me and many others, mke is a suitable gap bridge between PTR and actual HK for shooters you don't feel guilty about racking up round count on.

i'd say both at this point are iffy on investment type simply due to the true deep pockets wanting/getting real HK but they're definitely collector and not terribly common, also with it in mind that MKE/zenith likely won't import those models again they definitely won't depreciate in value, just don't see the price skyrocketing soon. i'm not aware of an HK93 with the length barrel that comes on the 43P for a true clone if sbr'd.
    Last edited by eliporter; 02-13-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

if you were inclined to shoot the rifle version you could always modify mags just the same as those if you wanted additional, they'd work in both that one and a "normal" 93 pattern receiver magwell.

Wouldn't that 'slot' go right through a 93 steel or aluminum mag?

i have a mke/zenith but its a mp5k type pistol, not either of these. i think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks PTR is better in quality than a MKE build made on german tooling setup by german engineers to make german guns in turkey as a licensed HK copy for their military and more recently this semi auto market. someone else might be able to elaborate in better/more informative wording but that's the gist of it. it comes down to what you, as the purchaser, want from the money you work for to purchase. to me and many others, mke is a suitable gap bridge between PTR and actual HK for shooters you don't feel guilty about racking up round count on.
    Oh, I'm not saying my PTR is the same build quality as these, or other MKE guns. It had a few small issues, which PTR fixed for free with free shipping both ways. After that, it was reliable. And it was only $550.

i'd say both at this point are iffy on investment type simply due to the true deep pockets wanting/getting real HK but they're definitely collector and not terribly common, also with it in mind that MKE/zenith likely won't import those models again they definitely won't depreciate in value, just don't see the price skyrocketing soon. i'm not aware of an HK93 with the length barrel that comes on the 43P for a true clone if sbr'd.
    I'm watching the rifle, but that mag 'nipple' thing is undesirable, and as said earlier, do you modify the gun, which is very uncommon, or butcher up mags (that may or may not even work)?
    Last edited by esh21167; 02-13-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Jeez those were selling for like $1300-1600 a year ago on GB

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoi View Post
    Jeez those were selling for like $1300-1600 a year ago on GB
    What a difference a year makes, eh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links