Heckler & Koch MP5F 9mm NFA Kit. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Heckler & Koch MP5F 9mm NFA Kit.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socalmp5 View Post
    With that said... I could have this built with a flat.. shootable in 5 hours. It’s not rocket science.

And a 93 build ??? Cake walk.... only build that takes skill is a 51k and Beltfed....not scared
    Really? You be you.

For me? I've paid close attention to the HK market for quite some time. I've seen clone-world guns have innumerable problems, big and small. It's obviously difficult.
    Maybe it doesn't ka-boom in your face. But does it RUN right when you're done?

Or actually do the math, and realize that a year or two of shooting the thing regularly is way more in $$ than the cost of the thing itself, and just get an SP5 .. because, well... duh.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, P8A1, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socalmp5 View Post
    With that said... I could have this built with a flat.. shootable in 5 hours. It’s not rocket science.

And a 93 build ??? Cake walk.... only build that takes skill is a 51k and Beltfed....not scared
    I like the cut of your jib!

This with a small center section from a donor 93/53 and your in business since the cuts are straight. This used to be done all the time before the time of flats with a simple jig and those are more readily available now that we have flat bending and rail profile jigs to modify where before they were not and you had to make them. This even give someone the ability to add the correct HK serial etc and with laser engraving now thats a ton easier.

But now with the sp5 in play, the only thing your really buying that is not readily available is the mag well sling loop. Granted the front half is welded together correctly/done and most likely in spec and THAT is say 90% of the build and complications that guys here are worried about.

However you MUST be careful to add a filler pin and a SA shelf that covers the pin and make it non-removable first before reweld or viola you have created an unregistered machine gun.
    Last edited by flybynt; 03-02-2020 at 06:36 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Really? You be you.

For me? I've paid close attention to the HK market for quite some time. I've seen clone-world guns have innumerable problems, big and small. It's obviously difficult.

Or actually do the math, and realize that a year or two of shooting the thing regularly is way more in $$ than the cost of the thing itself, and just get an SP5 .. because, well... duh.
    The only gun I have not built by me is a c93....

I will be me... and my guns run...

9mm guns are easy peasy to build ESPECIALLY with a Lsc flat over a special weapons
    Last edited by Socalmp5; 03-02-2020 at 08:30 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Really? You be you.

When I built my first... in California... at a time when sp89s were 6-7k in California (legal) and a crappy clone was $3k.... I built my first k for under $1300.....

I by no means am balling and hk’s are expensive compared to other firearms....so $3k I can build a 9mm, an Sd or an 40/10 for that amount.....now that I’m in a free state.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So lots of flats available for the skilled builders (I envy those skills) but no completed receivers? Why not? As someone new to this world that is unexpected. There is obviously LOTS of demand and no shortage of suppliers meeting that demand for everything but receivers. What am I missing?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashntume View Post
    So lots of flats available for the skilled builders (I envy those skills) but no completed receivers? Why not? As someone new to this world that is unexpected. There is obviously LOTS of demand and no shortage of suppliers meeting that demand for everything but receivers. What am I missing?
    You can get a completed
    Receiver from Beltfed Inc today. He has them listed on gunbroker made
    Off a lsc flat..

You can also get an old stock Special weapons one on gun broker....

If You can weld(or have a friend that welds), have a completed receiver and a demilled hk parts kit... 30 mins later you can be shooting... it’s that easy...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashntume View Post
    Most guys who would assemble them (welding part) do not think its much farther to fold and weld the flat. Completed recievers are easy peasy but part of the joy is the building from flat to test fire. You buy the completed reciever and you just added several hundred to the cost and then there is the shipping and transfer. Finish demill on your original parts set, You still need verify bolt drop, to set your gaps, verify alignments. , Etc. etc., For someone with the skills to do the finish work I just described, folding your own is no big deal.

Some guys get all nervous and jerky and afraid the gun will blow up.....because they may not understand welding or are patient enough to stone a surface that had burn through and is interfering with the mag release, or trouble shoot adjusting the mag well.
    I would argue on one hand the market might not be strong enough to make it profitable to produce completed recievers and the other part might be that
    If you reach out to any of the reputable builders and asked them if they would sell a completed reciever for you to finish, I would suspect some may say yes but many others might say no because when building if they are only supplying completed recievers it is cutting into a tight profit margin. A complete gun gives them more profit margin. Any errors that require more effort on a reciever only assembly might equal free labor on the part of the manufacturer.

Just my .02 cents for what that is worth

They are around for different platforms sometimes if patient you can score one, but as said you can also ask the different builders to see if they will make one for you.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    Most guys who would assemble them (welding part) do not think its much farther to fold and weld the flat. Completed recievers are easy peasy but part of the joy is the building from flat to test fire. You buy the completed reciever and you just added several hundred to the cost and then there is the shipping and transfer. Finish demill on your original parts set, You still need verify bolt drop, to set your gaps, verify alignments. , Etc. etc., For someone with the skills to do the finish work I just described, folding your own is no big deal.

Some guys get all nervous and jerky and afraid the gun will blow up.....because they may not understand welding or are patient enough to stone a surface that had burn through and is interfering with the mag release, or trouble shoot adjusting the mag well.
    I would argue on one hand the market might not be strong enough to make it profitable to produce completed recievers and the other part might be that
    If you reach out to any of the reputable builders and asked them if they would sell a completed reciever for you to finish, I would suspect some may say yes but many others might say no because when building if they are only supplying completed recievers it is cutting into a tight profit margin. A complete gun gives them more profit margin. Any errors that require more effort on a reciever only assembly might equal free labor on the part of the manufacturer.

Just my .02 cents for what that is worth

They are around for different platforms sometimes if patient you can score one, but as said you can also ask the different builders to see if they will make one for you.

Some also might say no for the fact of having their brand on a gun that might have junk or out of spec
    Parts.... and maybe hurt their brand..
    How many SW guns out their we’re home builds on just their receivers...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

For those who are skilled in welding your kits....kudos.

For others, good luck.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Down to $1,866.56 with free shipping

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links