Walther MP5A5 22LR @ RIAC
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Walther MP5A5 22LR @ RIAC

  1. #1
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Dec 2017
    Location : New Mexico
    Posts : 535
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default Walther MP5A5 22LR @ RIAC

    https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...utomatic-rifle

    Got one so will not have to worry about me bidding on it. They show up from time to time, in case someone was searching for one.
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    holshot36's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2009
    Location : Nebraska
    Posts : 2,583
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    18.5% buyer's premium
    1% service fee on top of that
    3.5% for credit card use
    OUCH!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    ArmyPilot's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2020
    Location : El Paso, TX
    Posts : 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Meh, I'll pass on it. It has dings in the wood.

    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

    Samuel Adams

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Dec 2017
    Location : New Mexico
    Posts : 535
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by holshot36 View Post
    18.5% buyer's premium
    1% service fee on top of that
    3.5% for credit card use
    OUCH!
    Don't forget the separate fee for the box, packing material, and shipping.

    Realistically if you win at say 600 it will be another 200 on top of that. Want something discontinued beggars cannot be choosers.

  6. #5
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    veritas's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2006
    Location : Central New Hampshire
    Posts : 2,577
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Glad I got mine years ago for $299 at CDNN.
    "The problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people's money" ~ Margaret Thatcher
    NRA Endowment - Life
    GOA Life Member

  7. #6
    Premium Professional

    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 510
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    I always wanted the Walther, but not at that price. I picked up a GSG-5 before the lawsuit and then the SD version from a closing Gander Mountain that was a return. The SD had one GSG mag and two Walther MP5 magazines in the box. I’m still sitting on those two mags in case I come across a deal on the Walther some day.

  8. #7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Klaustrophobia's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Location : VA
    Posts : 1,136
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    I had no idea these were considered desirable. They used to be all over the local gun stores for like $500. Although I seem to remember the SD styled ones being more common.

  9. #8
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Klaustrophobia's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Location : VA
    Posts : 1,136
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by holshot36 View Post
    18.5% buyer's premium
    1% service fee on top of that
    3.5% for credit card use
    OUCH!
    the 1% is if you use "live bidding" which I think is basically you have a webcam of the auction and are on the phone with a direct representative. Unless they changed it since the last time I looked, the buyer's premium is 15% and 3.5% for credit card, for a total of 18.5% if paying with a card. I don't remember anything about a shipping/packing charge either, but I've never actually won anything from there so maybe that is buried in there somewhere.

    But in general, yeah, auctions aren't for low end guns. I troll them looking for sears and moderate to expensive grail guns, throw a lowball bid and hope to hit the jackpot.

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •