MR223A3 for Sale at ArmsUnlimited - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: MR223A3 for Sale at ArmsUnlimited

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yz125racer View Post
    I can validate this claim for you because I have shot lots of 556 through the 11" mr223 I got from AU. When the gun blows up I will report back
    haha same here, and this was already addressed and verified in other MR223 threads, no one is randomly guessing that it is "fine"

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    MR223 is C.I.P. proofed. C.I.P. chamber sizing specs are same for .223rem and 5.56 NATO. There is higher working pressure specified for 5.56, but same proof testing pressure is required. So, yes it is 5.56 barrel.
    Last edited by dc4int01; 04-03-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    yz125racer and chuckster62 like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dc4int01 View Post
    no one is randomly guessing that it is "fine"
    So you know for a Fact it's chambered in 5.56 NATO vs Chambered in .223 Remington? I am well aware of the CIP/Sammi specs it is in one of the articles I highlighted above. I would still never recommend to anyone to use 5.56 NATO in a .223 chambered barrel. Again YMMV
    MR223A3 for Sale at ArmsUnlimited-mr2232.jpg
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dc4int01 View Post
    haha same here, and this was already addressed and verified in other MR223 threads, no one is randomly guessing that it is "fine"
    Thank you. At least there is technical merit to back up your statements. Points me in the right direction and gives me something to read about. Thanks again.
    - CPshooter

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    So you know for a Fact it's chambered in 5.56 NATO vs Chambered in .223 Remington? I am well aware of the CIP/Sammi specs it is in one of the articles I highlighted above. I would still never recommend to anyone to use 5.56 NATO in a .223 chambered barrel. Again YMMV
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MR2232.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	255656
    Yeah, I'm with you 100%. Everyone has the choice to do as they wish and follow the advice of whomever they'd like, but I will take the conservative approach on this one. If the person who built my firearm didn't stamp 5.56mm on the barrel, I'm not going to knowingly shoot a single round of it through the gun let alone thousands and thousands until something bad happens. Yikes!
    caf82313 likes this.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And no one noticed the $5,500 price tag.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CPshooter View Post
    Yeah, I'm with you 100%. Everyone has the choice to do as they wish and follow the advice of whomever they'd like, but I will take the conservative approach on this one. If the person who built my firearm didn't stamp 5.56mm on the barrel, I'm not going to knowingly shoot a single round of it through the gun let alone thousands and thousands until something bad happens. Yikes!
    the reason they are marked mr223 is so they can tell the Dif from the USA sold weapons which have to comply with 922r the barrel in the mr223 is the same as in the 416 I really have no issues shooting either 5.56 or .223 you guys are making a big deal over nothing. It is nothing more than a mark on the receiver to comply with Dif rules in the European market. sheesh get over it and move on either one likes it or not leave it at that
    yz125racer and chuckster62 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, the good ol' 16" pistol import.

Surprised people didn't think of this earlier honestly - was JDI the first?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leperchuan0311 View Post
    the reason they are marked mr223 is so they can tell the Dif from the USA sold weapons which have to comply with 922r
    Sorry, but this makes no sense. The reason they are marked mr223 is because, as Chuckster pointed out above, .223 is a sporting round in Germany, and these "sporting rifles" have barrels chambered for .223, no?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

So HK has this perfectly good 416 set up, that shoots .223 just fine, why go to all the expense and testing to make a seperate .223 set up when they have put hundreds of thousands of rounds down the pipe of the 416. Don't fix what ain't broke. I only wish Jim was still around to chime in.

Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do I remember reading that there's another batch of these coming in, either by Arms Unlimited or someone else?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links