2020 Mark 23 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2020 Mark 23

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Great price on Osage. Highly recommended there! I bought one of my LE USPs from them.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anavrin0901 View Post
    Great price on Osage. Highly recommended there! I bought one of my LE USPs from them.
    If I could just get one under $2k then I would pull the trigger. Holding out for a "deal". $2100ish with shipping and transfer fee seems high.
    Last edited by Perdition; 04-28-2020 at 09:10 AM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnystylez View Post
    I had found one with a helluva deal last year. Some how went missing in transit to my FFl. Notified postal inspector. Turns out months later it walked home with an employee.

What did they end up doing? I had a blade go missing that was sent to a knifemaker for sharpening a week before Xmas a few years back. Sent it priority and certified and insurance overnight. It got scanned to the route and was out for delivery but was never delivered.
    Long story short, I drove to the post office that had it last. Asked for the Postal Manager. He was not concerned since I had insurance and
    he told me to file a claim and be done with it. He made the mistake of telling me his office was known as the “Bermuda Triangle” because of how many packages went missing......the next day, the acting USPS District Manager drove out and turned that post office upside down trying to recover my package. It showed up a month later. Someone had taken it but had the good sense not to open it when I (the customer) made substantial fuss.
    Last edited by CGuns1; 04-28-2020 at 04:33 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CGuns1 View Post
    What did they end up doing? I had a blade go missing that was sent to a knifemaker for sharpening a week before Xmas a few years back. Sent it priority and certified and insurance overnight. It got scanned to the route and was out for delivery but was never delivered.
    Long story short, I drove to the post office that had it last. Asked for the Postal Manager. He was not concerned since I had insurance and
    he told me to file a claim and be done with it. He made the mistake of telling me his office was known as the “Bermuda Triangle” because of how many packages went missing......the next day, the acting USPS District Manager drove out and turned that post office upside down trying to recover my package. It showed up a month later. Someone had taken it but had the good sense not to open it when I (the customer) made substantial fuss.
    No surprise that no one wanted to take it seriously until I told them it was a missing firearm and then postal inspector got involved. It was a pain filing the report with the PI. Hours of my life I will never get back. But luckily the seller had it insured and since he was the Insured the US postal service gave him the reimbursement. So the seller had my initial payment and the insurance payment from the US postal service. It took weeks for the insurance check to be received but once it did the seller refunded my money. Thankfully.
    About 2 months after that, I received a call from the assigned inspector telling me they found the MK23 in the possession of an ex-employee. The matching box was missing and it had been fired and looked like it had been dropped/scrapped on the slide. The Inspector asked if I still wanted it all I had to do was return the insurance payment amount then file some forms that it was no longer stolen. I told him no thanks. It was no longer the same gun I bought. I have no idea what happened to it after that or the ex-employee who took it. I was glad to be done with the situation. BTW I paid $1K for it. It was a steal of a deal then the deal got stolen. Sorry OP for high jacking.
    CGuns1 likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Very unfortunate. But I am glad you were made whole again.
    Scary what can happen with insured, tracked, overnight deliveries!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No surprise that no one wanted to take it seriously until I told them it was a missing firearm and then postal inspector got involved. It was a pain filing the report with the PI. Hours of my life I will never get back. But luckily the seller had it insured and since he was the Insured the US postal service gave him the reimbursement. So the seller had my initial payment and the insurance payment from the US postal service. It took weeks for the insurance check to be received but once it did the seller refunded my money. Thankfully.
    About 2 months after that, I received a call from the assigned inspector telling me they found the MK23 in the possession of an ex-employee. The matching box was missing and it had been fired and looked like it had been dropped/scrapped on the slide. The Inspector asked if I still wanted it all I had to do was return the insurance payment amount then file some forms that it was no longer stolen. I told him no thanks. It was no longer the same gun I bought. I have no idea what happened to it after that or the ex-employee who took it. I was glad to be done with the situation. BTW I paid $1K for it. It was a steal of a deal then the deal got stolen. Sorry OP for high jacking.
    IMO I would have negotiated to keep the gun, but you'll only partially reimburse the insurance for the condition it was found in. I think for $1K you'd still have a solid shooter and could potentially put the funds received back for refinish/repair and a replacement box if that option was available.

It definitely is a concern though - even if a package isn't clearly obvious that it contains a firearm, if it's addressed to a gun shop there's a good chance it is a gun, and some criminals will seize on that opportunity. Too bad it had to happen to a Mk23 and not a saturday night special.
    Last edited by Apec; 04-28-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CGuns1 View Post
    Your good brother, that's a mortifying story and if anything I would've called for blood and sued the crap out of the individual or post office, make up for lost time and got enough money for 2 mark 23s!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

23s are around 2k in my area

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links