mp5 Rear Sight Drum - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: mp5 Rear Sight Drum

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

With HK, there’s no telling. I couldn’t take the chance on not getting one from them . I wanted a drum for when I take the class in September.
    Saab95v6 likes this.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

Back in 2017 when I was heavy into this hobby, buying up all guns and parts I could afford. I started to notice changes with HK's supply chain and it wasn't until 2019 when I got confirmation of that. I'm going to give you guys the inside scoop on HK's revised business model and it does NOT include supporting civilian sales to the extent some people are indicating. Buying parts from HK's customer service is not a priority and if by mere chance you land yourself a $30 rear sight, consider yourself lucky. Chances are they had a few extra pieces because one of their dealers put in a "large order". Otherwise, you're going to be on backover for over a year or they might just cancel it because they are not going to import just 1 sight to fill an order.

If you have not noticed all our favorite HK dealers have slowly increased their prices since 2018. Why?

Well, the "large order" is needed on the HK-USA side or else it's a no-go from HK Germany. Germany is still making parts on certain platforms (mostly current models) and they will still be available for LE and Defense business only, but they will no longer import parts in small quantities for civilian sales.

What HK has done is limited the supply chain to increase efficiencies that lead to profits.

Oh, and by the way, the few remaining sights @Saab95v6 has left, you probably should buy one now. God knows when the next shipment comes in. HK's supply chain has definitely become more unpredictable these days.
    Last edited by Oicani; 06-18-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Speedy2015 likes this.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

@Oicani thanks for that great insight, although I would posit that HK's supply chain has always been a roller coaster of unpredictable madness
    Oicani likes this.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Back in 2017 when I was heavy into this hobby, buying up all guns and parts I could afford. I started to notice changes with HK's supply chain and it wasn't until 2019 when I got confirmation of that. I'm going to give you guys the inside scoop on HK's revised business model and it does NOT include supporting civilian sales to the extent some people are indicating. Buying parts from HK's customer service is not a priority and if by mere chance you land yourself a $30 rear sight, consider yourself lucky. Chances are they had a few extra pieces because one of their dealers put in a "large order". Otherwise, you're going to be on backover for over a year or they might just cancel it because they are not going to import just 1 sight to fill an order.

If you have not noticed all our favorite HK dealers have slowly increased their prices since 2018. Why?

Well, the "large order" is needed on the HK-USA side or else it's a no-go from HK Germany. Germany is still making parts on certain platforms (mostly current models) and they will still be available for LE and Defense business only, but they will no longer import parts in small quantities for civilian sales.

What HK has done is limited the supply chain to increase efficiencies that lead to profits.

Oh, and by the way, the few remaining sights @Saab95v6 has left, you probably should buy one now. God knows when the next shipment comes in. HK's supply chain has definitely become more unpredictable these days.

Gun and accessories prices across the board have increased over the last year or 2 not just HK.

Hell, glock 19s are going for $800...mossberg shockwaves for $700, etc etc etc

I think its just all the BS, political climate, the chaos, the division and so forth.

Lots of new gun owners. Less supply. Gone are the salud days of 2016 - 2019

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

agreed @JohnnyBoi , but these are mutually exclusive things. Rise in overall gun prices and HK's "restructuring" (or re-prioritizing) of how they manage small parts inventory on the civil side. Small parts for HK pricing is indeed going up, somewhat due to overall environment as you indicate, probably more associated with how they are managing their supply line, and finally - IMHO - I think the small parts market is driven up by retailers buying HK inventory up in large quantities to then re-sell at a mark up (a-la the HKPart model of 10 years ago).

AWH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the heads up! I purchased one for my SP5!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks for heads up I just bought 2 of them for my Sp5's one of which just e-filed form1 on Thursday 6/20. That one will rock an f type a3 stock or B&T side folder haven't decided, BT mount with green dot MRO, BT flashlight forearm and the correct rear site. Woot woot
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tactical1 View Post
    Spoke w/ HKCS this am - shipment of sights due 1-2 week of July "unless they get pushed back" . . . $40 shipped
    So I got one for $70 and then I'm like, really, $40 shipped? Then...

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    agreed @JohnnyBoi , but these are mutually exclusive things. Rise in overall gun prices and HK's "restructuring" (or re-prioritizing) of how they manage small parts inventory on the civil side. Small parts for HK pricing is indeed going up, somewhat due to overall environment as you indicate, probably more associated with how they are managing their supply line, and finally - IMHO - I think the small parts market is driven up by retailers buying HK inventory up in large quantities to then re-sell at a mark up (a-la the HKPart model of 10 years ago).
    We all know in this game that it's best to strike when there is opportunity. You may not always get the best price, but at least you'll get the item you want.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links