HKPRO Forums banner

USP Tactical P12

3K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  wallew 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Zero. I only brought in 2*, long gone, for about $2K less than this one. It's only got one bid on it, the opening bid, I would say someone who hasn't seen any of the previous sales and just jumped on it.

*others brought in by Haslam via Augustine. About 26-28 of them purchased from H&K by Augustine. None of them are "original run" guns, those all went to the KSW etc. after they decided not to go with the Mk23, and those would all be Bw marked. Nope, never coming back. These were all spare P12 marked slides that Oberndorf had, Augustine requested them to make them up into whole guns for him so they did. Consecutive serial numbers in the batch, continuation of the earlier production for the Bw.

#14 ·
Here's the thing about rarity........the gun is current production under the name of "USP Tactical". Someone wants a hundred of those from H&K, easy peasy. Those 25 or so P12 slides they had sitting around as spares, they had no problem making them up as whole guns did they?

Original P8 Bw marked worth $5K? Absolutely. But that gun sat up there for MONTHS before I sold it for half that, so I think we can say the market got a good long look at it. The fact that he found one clueless buyer doesn't mean that's truly what the gun is worth. Example: 6 months ago a P88 Champion sold for $5K. The market rate now is half that, because that one guy who won that auction has his, the two guys who came in 2nd and 3rd said "Thank God that guy outbid me" and the last one sold a few days ago was for $2500.......and a Versuchsmodell at that.

#17 ·
I understand the whole "it's just a different roll mark" point of view. That said, think about how many of the rare variants we collect aren't actually different guns... rather the same guns with different markings. Examples include the late P7's marked E or PSP, the Idaho Fish & Game P9S, Saudi marked P9S, Saudi marked P7 series, Mark23 vs MARK23 vs Mk23, any low serial number gun, pieces marked DEMO ONLY or T&E ONLY... just to name a few. It's the rarity of examples with those markings that make them desirable and collectible, and I along with many other collectors will continue to search them out. "It's just a roll mark" is something a shooter says, and never something a collector would utter.

And reality is that there are differences besides the roll mark that distinguish the P8, P10 and P12 from their USP counterparts.

#19 ·
Agreed. I think the price is in order; good luck finding another.

My comment was simply noting the fact that an actual BW P12 would be almost impossible to find, given that the more modern guns were more likely to be destroyed than sold off. Thank goodness the P7 is old tech!

Though Lamont can surely attest to the fact that many collectors fail to recognize the rarity of a .gov proof stamp on certain guns. Roll marks and proof stamps are a huge aspect to collecting and to the enjoyment of the history behind specific pieces.

#20 ·
No offense to anyone here but I paid a lot more than $2500 for this one, Very close to 4k
No offense taken, you are correct, I misremembered it at $2995 rather than $3995. None of us should have ego when it comes to facts, we're supposed to be better than that, and if you catch me wrong, I shouldn't have an attitude about that either. And I don't. And just so it can be in the clear, if you can buy something from me at what the market says it is worth and then later make money on it yourself, good for you. You held this for most of a year and found the right buyer. Congrats.

#23 ·
I purchased three USPC in 40 a year or two ago. The reason I bought all three was they are sequentially numbered. They were all three KH models.

So I contacted HK and they told me that all three of them were T&E (Test & Evaulation) that were loaned out in 97 and were released for sale by HK in late 2017 - I purchased them in early 2018 if my memory serves me correctly. While I KNOW they are T&E because I called and ask the story of these three pistols and got a lucky suprised. But they were NOT MARKED T&E.

Just thought I would throw that out. It really does not matter to me (the T&E part), because I like purchasing sequentially numbered firearms.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.