Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: HK MK23 USSOCOM slide

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

The old "Bait and Switch" game

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Looks like a USSOCOM replacement slide. Some of these were sold a few years back, they were also replacements. HK usually puts the serial number on the inside. I have P7M13 replacement Slides and P7M8 frames and they are all marked internally.

Just my 2 cents
    GuntherRommel and Lamont like this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I don't believe the slide to be fraudulent. There was a small number of these available in EU in the last couple years. They had no serial or proofs on the exterior, but did on the underside... remember that the slide is a controlled part there and must be serialized. As for the finish questions, I suspect it's an issue of bad pics or a dirty slide.

The real issue here is the one that @Lamont raises regarding the likely source. There are too many shady individuals getting by with questionable practices, and we all need to speak up and take care of each other! None of us should need to call law enforcement to get our guns or money... think MDW. Guys like Lamont and I tried to sound the alarm when MDW was doing "group buys" for guns he couldn't get, but many disregarded. None of us should need to hire attorneys to get our guns or money... think Augustine. I've sat back and said nothing publicly about Augustine, but feel it's again time to sound an alarm. I personally hired an attorney in Germany to get resolution for his multi-year failure to deliver items I purchased... items that represented close to 30,000 Euros. I'm still dealing with his BS and wishing someone who he'd screwed previously would have sounded an alarm and warned me.

Now you could say that Augustine isn't the seller. My response is that if you buy from anyone who is sourcing items from him, your are in effect supporting Augustine and enabling continued bad behavior and his harming of others in our community. That harm will be financial and through misrepresentation like selling a refinished piece as new. Please don't be the next victim, and please don't support the bad actors, whether directly or indirectly.
    "I'm not sh#tting in a bag..... Yet"
    - PSG1 Nut

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Guaranteed 100% factory original brand new or your money back ;-P

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

What was the reason for raising the price 1k, 6 hours after it was listed? is that even possible with no bids ? From what has been said here, the slide should have a matching barrel? or is this the way it was imported as bare a replacement slide. Just personal questions for a uneducated collector
    Guyanaman1963 likes this.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

An auction can be modified, provided there are no bids. Wouldn't doubt the price went up when it got traction here.

There were slide/barrel sets sold here in the US. This is a different animal... sold as a slide only in Europe.
    Lamont and GuntherRommel like this.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brn2xl View Post
    I don't believe the slide to be fraudulent. There was a small number of these available in EU in the last couple years. They had no serial or proofs on the exterior, but did on the underside... remember that the slide is a controlled part there and must be serialized. As for the finish questions, I suspect it's an issue of bad pics or a dirty slide.
    Agreed. The finish issue was with the P5, no connection re: the finish of the Mk23 slide was intended.

The real issue here is the one that @Lamont raises regarding the likely source.
    Exactly.

There are too many shady individuals getting by with questionable practices, and we all need to speak up and take care of each other! None of us should need to call law enforcement to get our guns or money... think MDW. Guys like Lamont and I tried to sound the alarm when MDW was doing "group buys" for guns he couldn't get, but many disregarded.
    I used to think, if I was a bird, I'd be an eagle. Maybe a hawk or something. First MDW, now Augustine. I think it's pretty apparent that, self image aside, what I'd actually be is a freaking canary. In a coal mine. :gack:

None of us should need to hire attorneys to get our guns or money... think Augustine. I've sat back and said nothing publicly about Augustine, but feel it's again time to sound an alarm. I personally hired an attorney in Germany to get resolution for his multi-year failure to deliver items I purchased... items that represented close to 30,000 Euros. I'm still dealing with his BS and wishing someone who he'd screwed previously would have sounded an alarm and warned me.
    And a patient man you've been....10,000 Euro's of VAT Tax he undertook to obtain the refunds on, then claimed he never filed for them. A couple of 21A1 feed mechs. And yeah, a police report with the Hamburg Kriminal Polizei and ATF both to get back the gun he stole and sold to Haslam. For that and a few other reasons he is definitely on the radar of the German authorities.

Augustine's "schtick" went like this. When he talked to me, he and I were great guys, everyone else we both knew was a POS. Like you. Another member here. Etc.. Then then next day, he's talking to you, and I'm a POS who you shouldn't do business with because I can't be trusted. And around the circle. And it worked (sort of) until the day we all started talking to each other...about him. Funny stuff really, he would tell you something about why someone (you for instance, multiple occasions) a POS and then say, "Kent, this is me being your friend". (meaning telling me this about someone else) I paid a LOT more attention to what he was doing after the first time he used that expression, never fully trusted him from that moment forward, who freaking talks like that anyway....his thing is to play people against each other. No joke.

Now you could say that Augustine isn't the seller.
    Yeah he is.

Augustine tried getting me to help him make money here in the States by importing his stuff and selling it for him. In essence helping him to be my competition.

His next attempt at participating in the US market without having an FFL (He IS a US citizen, he's been over there in Hamburg for something like 15 years and theoretically there is no reason why he couldn't get a Type 08 FFL. Not a US resident, so what, he can own a company that owns an FFL and import his own stuff. Easy peasy. Except I have a feeling that if he applied for an FFL he would not get one, the stories he tells about why he had to leave the States back then don't add up, the longer you spend around him and the more often he refers to that time, the more the details start to contradict one another) was to become a Supporting Vendor here on HKPro. For a year. Made a big splash with a P8 giveaway (classic con man stuff by the way) followed by continued customer service issues. All the "I sent your refund, keep the item" episodes quickly outnumbered successful transactions. Half a dozen P7M13 were offered for sale at $1600 each, only one taker (BSOE, looking at you bro )who quickly backed out when he did the math and realized there was only a couple hundred dollars between dealing with Ted and a gun in Germany, and dealing with me on a gun in stock ready to ship on receipt of funds. (How much IS that worth, exactly?) Then there was the poor guy who bought a USP Match from Ted, importing it through another Supporting Vendor who was also doing business with Ted (to his regret) but then, a squabble over money the details I am not privy to, and the buyer never gets his gun, the Supporting Vendor/Importer keeps the gun and sells it on GB. Gets $5K for it. Original buyer gets the case, spare mag, manual, test target, etc. True story. So yeah that "round 2" never worked out. Not much to do with Ted does.

But round three....Ted and Daniel Haslam made each others acquaintance, and that was that. Haslam applied for his 08 and although he does source his own stuff as well, most of what he gets comes from Ted Augustine. So yeah, when you buy from Euro Imports, (previously known as "Kochblocker") you are putting money in Ted Augustine's pocket. Addresses your point below.

My response is that if you buy from anyone who is sourcing items from him, your are in effect supporting Augustine and enabling continued bad behavior and his harming of others in our community. That harm will be financial and through misrepresentation like selling a refinished piece as new. Please don't be the next victim, and please don't support the bad actors, whether directly or indirectly.
    Last edited by Lamont; 07-11-2020 at 04:05 AM.
    omega21 likes this.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

is this "Mr Big Koch " that you guys are referring to? or someone else? either way thank you for the info @Lamont

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

GuntherRommel likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    Looks like a USSOCOM replacement slide. Some of these were sold a few years back, they were also replacements. HK usually puts the serial number on the inside. I have P7M13 replacement slides and P7M8 frames and they are all marked internally.
    EI replied--- only 1 imported and serialized underneath the frame (probably for the reason stated above)--- I have seen P7M8 and P7M13 replacement slides similarly serialized--- so likely legitimate!!!
    As stated, I have seen a similar "force-matched" Mark 23 in Europe, but the serialization was nicely stamped and colored on the left slide.

Tony

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links