The New HK AXIS by Benchmade - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The New HK AXIS by Benchmade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Collectr63 View Post
    How is Benchmade for quality for ease of opening, sharpness of blade , etc..?
    About average, maybe. Some of their Gold class knives are very nice; I own one. Most of the others are pretty much average, but at least they are made in the USA.
    Last edited by vjb.knife; 09-08-2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: decided to give BM a little more credit

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Benchmade offers 3 or 4 levels of quality knives. this goes for their HK line of knives as well. I'm a semi knife snob, but I also realize not every blade needs to be a custom piece of worked steel. that said, Benchmade's red box offerings (there AREA A LOT of these) are their low end, made in China knives. As far as Chinese made knives go, these are probably about as good as you'll find. Then they offer their blue box (I think they still offer the blue box), these are slightly better made knives with a better grade steel. next is the black box, which are made here in the US, and are good hard use knives made of good quality steel and other materials. Finally, they offer their gold box line, these are the top of the heap. Also manufactured in the States, and made from the highest quality materials Benchmade offers.

I have several of their knives, some from before they had the 4 tier system. I have generally always found their knives to be of at least adequate quality for a hard use field knife. I have one of their HK multi-tools, which is a red box item, I like it, I like the tools they chose, the grip is comfortable, and it has done everything I've asked of it. I also have a couple of their black and gold box/level blades that I really like...

I'm a tad biased simply because Benchmade originated here in Oregon, and one of my first real hard use knife was the Benchmade CQC7, which I still have, great knife for what it is designed for.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are just so many choices in knives out there even compared to the available choices in firearms. I own two Benchmades but none of the HK series from Benchmade. The Benchmades that I really like enough to keep are rare. They are pretty well known for balisongs so I have this model 62, but it does not compare to my other bali made by 29 Knives company. One of the best Benchmades IMO is this gold class model 7505-132 and it is a keeper for sure. It is heavier duty than any other knife they have made and features premium Bohler M390 steel for the blade and Titanium and G-10 handles. If they ever make something at this level in their HK series knife lineup I will buy it, but the current HK labelled Knives fall far short of this level of materials or manufacture.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I need to find one that reads, mall ninja.
    ROFL get that engraved on a gun and it would be perfect for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have only recently become fascinated with cutlery. Two of my recent acquisitions are an HK Axis and an HK Patrol Auto. I appreciate the solid feel of these knives. They have a very capable feel and will be in my pocket daily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking at picking up an axis for a everyday pocket knife. I'll have to order it online, but what size would you all say is the best for a general pocket knife? The regular or mini? I wear a combination of suits and jeans giving the situation. And I'm concerned the regular may be too large for everyday carry.
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FS1
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CMP3 View Post
    I'm looking at picking up an axis for a everyday pocket knife. I'll have to order it online, but what size would you all say is the best for a general pocket knife? The regular or mini? I wear a combination of suits and jeans giving the situation. And I'm concerned the regular may be too large for everyday carry.

I have both the regular is nice feels good in the hand and works well. The mini is same quality but does not quite fit the hand as well. If you are going to keep it in your pocket not clipped on the pocket. Then the mini is the better choice. Still a great knife.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal that made good under pressure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
    I have both the regular is nice feels good in the hand and works well. The mini is same quality but does not quite fit the hand as well. If you are going to keep it in your pocket not clipped on the pocket. Then the mini is the better choice. Still a great knife.

Thanks FS1. That's kind of what I was thinking. Seems the full would be a good working and handling knife, but a little big for a pocket.
    Perhaps I angle to get both. . .
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CMP3 View Post

I have the full size Axis which is an excellent working knife but too big and heavy for EDC. The mini Axis would probably be better but is still quite thick. My EDC is the HK Nitrous Blitz. A great knife with assisted open that is thin and light. Check it out. Either way I would avoid getting the serrated blade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Max55 View Post
    I have the full size Axis which is an excellent working knife but too big and heavy for EDC. The mini Axis would probably be better but is still quite thick. My EDC is the HK Nitrous Blitz. A great knife with assisted open that is thin and light. Check it out. Either way I would avoid getting the serrated blade.
    Interesting. Why not the serrated blade?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links