New HK Knives coming up - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: New HK Knives coming up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I mostly carry USA made Kershaw's and also have a few Benchmade knives. After seeing these new Hogue HK's, I gotta say, they look pretty nice. The Karma (7.15 oz.) is almost twice as heavy as the Exemplar (4.30 oz.), obviously, since its more of a utility knife. I am an electrician by trade so I would/will probably go with the Karma - As I DO prefer the serrated combo blade (and use it often) but also prefer the Tonto style tip. I will have to get used to opening it up myself though as all my current knives are spring assist :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New HK Knives coming up-imag1827.jpg
    Just picked up the Hogue HK Exemplar this weekend. The knife is solid and the pivot lock mechanism is smooth. Definitely going to get a lot of carry time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Rock View Post
    Cool. Too bad they aren't Benchmade. They make a quality knife worthy of HK. No idea what a Hogue knife might be like. Let's hope they are a quality product as well. They do look nice and use of Benchmade's Axis lock is a good start.

Looking for ward to feeling Hoques new knives, not into Benchmades at all ever since they came out as anti-gun. Did sell a couple of HK Benchmades a bit back that were well built product.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don’t know anything about Hogue Knives, but they look nice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vaxika View Post
    I don’t know anything about Hogue Knives, but they look nice...
    I’ve been wanting to try one since I can get them wholesale but they are still pricey. I regret not buying a Microtech Troodon when one of my distributors used to carry them. I kept putting it off then they stopped carrying Microtech. I had one of the old Benchmade HK knives and I liked it for the price. I don’t know what happened to that knife now that I think about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the Scholar View Post
    They look pretty nice but I prefer a non-serrated blade personally. The Karma looks really nice for sure. Just wish that Tanto style blade was a straight cut blade.
    IF serrated blades were a little easier to sharpen I wouldn't have so much of a problem.

Even with the KME serrated sharpening rod its still a nightmare. Never again will I buy a serrated knife (unless I need to cut a bunch of rope).

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you just purchase a serrated knife as a collector, never using it, then sharpening shouldn’t be an issue.

Just about every folder I’ve owned in the last couple decades has been serrated. Since I consider them tools and use them, I usually purchase a quality knife that is backed up with decent service.

One manufacturer actually credited me because I sent a 1988 vintage folder back to them for their lifetime service warranty. They no longer had that model blades in stock.

Several manufacturers offer the service of “life time sharpening”, which for the cost of shipping, is worth it to me.
    Flag Day Joe
    The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links