Just got in to knives! These are sweet!

Thread: Just got in to knives! These are sweet!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Just got in to knives! These are sweet!

Hey guys, I decided to get in to knives, I’ve always been a gun guy. These are not HK knives but oh well.

Spyderco Military S110V Blurple

Spyderco PM2 S110V Blurple

I use a Wicked Edge to sharpen these, with an angle finder. And leather strop paddles with diamond compound. I can easily produce the sharpest edge anyone has ever seen.

I tested this steel S110V rigorously, and cut over 400ft in standard brown corrugated cardboard, and it would still easily shave arm hair.

S110V is a super steel! HRC hardness was around 64 on the Military.

when did iron man 3 come out

when did iron man 3 come out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beautiful knives. I love the Wicked Edge Sharpening system. Some of the best edges I have seen were done on the Wicked Edge System. I might pick one up some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice! I picked up the Hogue HK Tanto EMT knife in orange. LOVE IT!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tps3443 View Post
    I can easily produce the sharpest edge anyone has ever seen.
    Dude! That's like jumping up on the table in a bar full of tweaked bikers and screaming, "Harley Davidson sucks, and you all shoot like my grandma!"

I'm not gonna stick you, though. Your knives very well could be sharper than mine. I'm still learning. But I'm excited to see yours, as I recently picked up my first Spyderco. It's a Manix 2 Lightweight with the same S110V as yours. I was never interested in the brand before, but I got curious. The factory edge was nice, but last night I couldn't help myself and got out the sharpening tools.

Check out the attached pics. I'm at work, and theses are the best I could take on short notice. I took it to 1 micron emulsion, and I'm happy with it for now. I have some 0.25 micron nanodiamond on the way, and I'm eager to see how that works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just got in to knives! These are sweet!-ed8d2a8a-a4a7-4d11-b9e4-16e68194d57b.jpeg   Just got in to knives! These are sweet!-1b999d42-bbbf-404b-8b2e-300c25adb9d8.jpeg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they are beautiful.

GCV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you just got into knives take a look at Mike Janich's (Martial Blade Concepts) youtube videos. They are pretty interesting. I have a Spyderco Yojimbo 2 and love it! That Wicked Edge sharpening system looks complicated. Is it easy to use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you think of the S110v steel or is it too soon to ask?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billcoe View Post
    What do you think of the S110v steel or is it too soon to ask?
    Sure, I've had the opportunity to play with the S110V a bit. First time around, I had the jig set to about 22 degrees, minus whatever I lose from the full flat grind. Ahdunno... maybe 17 degrees? I polished it with 1.0 micron CBN, and it was great. After a couple weeks of light use, I noticed what felt like a burr. Under magnification, I could see the edge had some chips.

Next time around, I set the jig to 24 degrees and polished it down to 0.25 micron nanodiamond. I've given it a fair bit of light use and a little bit of medium use, and it's still sharp enough to worry my fingerprints. Under magnification, I can see one area that looks like a tiny chip, but it's too small to notice through use or touch. The rest of the edge looks very consistent. I'll keep it like this for a while.

Sponsored Links