Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AGG
  • 1 Post By LCSO264

Thread: Hogue Karma Review

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Hogue Karma Review

I just wanted to do a quick write up on this knife as much as I wanted to love it I just couldn't it's super sharp and I like that. The problem I have with it is way too big and thick for a pocket knife or for normal use that I like to use a knife for to me Benchmade made a great HK knife but this one is thing missing on this knife it a spot to put your thumb to help you open the knife all the way. I will be returning it I hope HK will find a better company to make the Hk knifes we love and enjoy and can use again just an opinion and for 200.00 plus it falls short.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelandman View Post
    I just wanted to do a quick write up on this knife as much as I wanted to love it I just couldn't it's super sharp and I like that. The problem I have with it is way too big and thick for a pocket knife or for normal use that I like to use a knife for to me Benchmade made a great HK knife but this one is thing missing on this knife it a spot to put your thumb to help you open the knife all the way. I will be returning it I hope HK will find a better company to make the Hk knifes we love and enjoy and can use again just an opinion and for 200.00 plus it falls short.

Thanks for the review and picture!!!

Tony
    lakelandman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is really unfortunate, I was looking into Hogue too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's a shame. Thanks for the review. You saved me some money.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I don’t think the Karma is meant to be a “pocket” knife. How many “pocket” knives have a glass punch, seat belt cutter, or an O2 wrench on them. This knife is obviously meant to be a rescue knife. The flipper opener is simply a different opening lever. It’s like saying my SP5K is too large to be my concealed carry handgun.

The Exemplar is more in line with what you describe wanting. It is much smaller, has a thumb stud opener, and doesn’t have the extra tools the Karma has.

I think you chose the wrong tool for your intended use. So far, to me the Houge knives surpass the quality of all but the blue and black boxed the Benchmade HK knives ( the $250–$300+ Benchmade knives)
    b_minus likes this.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c