How do you remove flash hider from HK 93 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How do you remove flash hider from HK 93

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Com View Post
    I would think that a strap wrench would be the best for removal, but there is a tool out there that will perform this function.

Here is the tool, but I've never seen one forsale:

If you go to the website, it will explain each of the functions of this tool.

I would be interested in one if anyone knows of a source. I don't know that there would be enough interest, but it would be nice if one of the machinists on the forum could replicate this tool.

Best,

TC
    If you had one of them, replicating it would be easy.
    Hidden Content

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bet we could get a group buy if we can find one. I know I'm planning on replacing two of these while I'm home in June. I tried in December and gave up before I destroyed the factory flash hider.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
    If you want to get that technical, then it can't be just any 'smith. It would have to be one with a current SOT as well, because a gunsmith without an SOT can't make an SBR without prior approval either.
    Yes, thanks for the clarification
    Yes Virginia, there are ancient conspiracies in high places

German guns, German girls, German cars, German beer and German dogs.. what's not to like?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    I bet we could get a group buy if we can find one. I know I'm planning on replacing two of these while I'm home in June. I tried in December and gave up before I destroyed the factory flash hider.
    The Vortex FS does away with the factory clip and goes on and off with a small wrench. I simply put a small crescent in my little tool bag/cleaning kit for the gun, for field breakdown. I will never need a special tool, now. Next to mod with a Vortex is my 91A3

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Thanks to @Brad4065 in the "Please bring more HK93s to the market" thread, I've got a Dead Air flash hider for my HK93 on order.

Its been ten years since the last post here, so I thought I would revive this thread and see if anyone else has taken the plunge to suppress their 93 and remove the factory FH. Years ago I removed the FH on a 91 by vicing the receiver wrapped in a towel, jamming a wrench into the wire cutter on the FH and cranking the sucker until it broke free. I never felt good about that method, and I've gotten spoiled with having a reaction rod for the ar15 and the ease of removing and clamping a SCAR barrel for muzzle devices.

Anyone have a recent success story with an easier and more confident removal of the HK93 flash hider that they would like to share?
    Brad4065 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I have 3 or 4 93s, the FH just unscrew and are held on by a bump. Why are yours so hard to get off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Thanks, Dave. I've only removed one from an HK91 a few years ago... otherwise I've never had a need to remove one. The 91 FH was simply a bear to back off, and I attributed it to carbon buildup and time. So in your case the 93 flash hiders just spun right off with little effort? If that's the case it sounds like I have nothing to worry about.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by surely_you_jest View Post
    Thanks, Dave. I've only removed one from an HK91 a few years ago... otherwise I've never had a need to remove one. The 91 FH was simply a bear to back off, and I attributed it to carbon buildup and time. So in your case the 93 flash hiders just spun right off with little effort? If that's the case it sounds like I have nothing to worry about.
    If it's really stuck, let some solvent soak into the threads. But the only one I've ever had that was really stuck was a CETME, but I think it had been soldered on. It took heat from a propane torch to remove it. I've never had one on a 91 or 93 that was hard to remove, and I've bought a few real beaters.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Should just unscrew, but maybe "stuck" due to carbon fouling.... try working it back and forth using a penetrating solvent Breakfree, or the likes there thereof

however, if it is an original 15.5" HK barrel built from an early kit it's very likely the flash hider has been blind pinned, welded, or silver soldered in place. The ability to remove the flash hider on an original 15.5" HK barrel would constitute a SBR and is a no, no per the ATF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links